Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Plot summary: Lego Chewbacca tries to get home to his Lego family (who are being harassed by Lego Imperials) in order to celebrate Lego Life Day together.

Guest starring Lego Bea Arthur and Lego Harvey Korman.

View attachment 532460
And with a musical performance by LEGO Jefferson Starship

I have the original on VHS and it is just as bad as they make it out to be. I’ve watched it a few times and it’s just really really awful. Not even kitschy awful, just bad.

And with a musical performance by LEGO Jefferson Starship

I have the original on VHS and it is just as bad as they make it out to be. I’ve watched it a few times and it’s just really really awful. Not even kitschy awful, just bad.

Don't foregt Lego Diahann Carroll - Chewie's dad was really into her!

Don't foregt Lego Diahann Carroll - Chewie's dad was really into her!
Actually, wasn't that his grandfather, Itchy, using the erotic mind control device? Either way that segment was was really creepy!
532476 532474 532475

ETA: Nevermind... he was Chewie's father (Lumpy's grandfather).

Last edited:

You know, while I do understand the sentiment behind this, and I am very glad they are not editing or removing the offensive content, sometimes I also think that we give too much power to things like this. I absolutely understand how unenlightened it is, but maybe just not worrying about it at all is the better alternative. I don't really know the answer, but it sure seems like people get wound up about this stuff but fail to address the actual causes. It's something to think about for sure.

Last edited:
I would love to get Black Widow ASAP on Disney+. I'd gladly pay extra to get it now rather than delaying the entire MCU.

MCU movies straight to streaming means their film studio budget gets significantly cut. Not just for the MCU movies, but anything and everything produced by Disney. While that sounds good in principle, these types of movies need budget. Pixar needs budget. You have to spend money to make money. For every low budget Joker movies making a billion dollars there’s 100 low budget movies that don’t even cross 75M. While many are profitable, they’re not profitable in the way Disney wants to see profit.

if Black Widow goes directly to streaming, there’s far more to worry about than the other movies being delayed

MCU movies straight to streaming means their film studio budget gets significantly cut. Not just for the MCU movies, but anything and everything produced by Disney. While that sounds good in principle, these types of movies need budget. Pixar needs budget. You have to spend money to make money. For every low budget Joker movies making a billion dollars there’s 100 low budget movies that don’t even cross 75M. While many are profitable, they’re not profitable in the way Disney wants to see profit.

if Black Widow goes directly to streaming, there’s far more to worry about than the other movies being delayed

You are right, but you have to admit that movie budgets have spiraled out of control. There just isn't enough wallet share to have six or seven Billion dollar + movies per year. I do agree that some movies do warrant the high budget, but there should be fewer of them. The MCU could do a mix of maybe only one or two movies a year and D+ shows and maybe even event specials.

Last edited:
You are right, but you have to admit that movie budgets have spiraled out of control. There just isn't enough wallet share to have six or seven Billion dollar + movies per year. I do agree that some movies do warrant the high budget, but there should be fewer of them. The MCU could do a mix of maybe only one or two movies a year and D+ shows and maybe even event specials.

the cast paychecks are a good chunk of these budgets. You’d only have to look at X-Men Dark Phoenix’ special effects to see what a marvel film would look like with a lower budget. The way the MCU is heading, not much is going to be grounded enough to warrant a low budget film. And with the multiverse aspect affecting so many characters and story’s. They can’t really not make any of the movies that they have slated. Blade, maybe? But that would likely be one of the “lower” budget films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter