Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw an article talking about this, but I still think it's a stretch. I mean, yeah, the basic reality warping idea is there, but with characters like Agatha Harkness around I still feel like it is more based on those AWC stories. There's not going to be anything about a mutant nobility ruling the world, or Magneto, or any of that.

I saw an article talking about this, but I still think it's a stretch. I mean, yeah, the basic reality warping idea is there, but with characters like Agatha Harkness around I still feel like it is more based on those AWC stories. There's not going to be anything about a mutant nobility ruling the world, or Magneto, or any of that.

The premise around House of M is Wanda losing her children and bringing them back. They’d be replacing speed and wiccan with Vision.Like I said earlier. This isn’t going to be a page for page iteration of House of M, but they’re definitely taking story’s from different comic book runs and blending them into this series, including House of M. But there’s definitely going to be touches of House of M in this series

The premise around House of M is Wanda losing her children and bringing them back. They’d be replacing speed and wiccan with Vision.Like I said earlier. This isn’t going to be a page for page iteration of House of M, but they’re definitely taking story’s from different comic book runs and blending them into this series, including House of M. But there’s definitely going to be touches of House of M in this series

She had lost her children well before House of M - like decades prior. Maybe I'm just having wishful thinking because I want it to be based on the very good West Coast Avengers stuff and not the generally crappy House of M. They should keep mutants out of it.

She had lost her children well before House of M - like decades prior. Maybe I'm just having wishful thinking because I want it to be based on the very good West Coast Avengers stuff and not the generally crappy House of M. They should keep mutants out of it.

Her losing her children led to her becoming out of control and driving her over the edge which was the lead in to the events of house of m. Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure looks like they’re at least taking some of the material from that arc and MCU’ing it. It doesn’t mean Mutants will be in this series, or even established (personally I think they will, which would tie in to Doctor Strange). Eventually Mutants will be introduced into The MCU. Its only a matter of time, and between this series, Spider-Man, and Doctor Strange it seems very likely to be soon. Same with the FF who will at the very least be teased in AntMan3

Her losing her children led to her becoming out of control and driving her over the edge which was the lead in to the events of house of m. Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure looks like they’re at least taking some of the material from that arc and MCU’ing it. It doesn’t mean Mutants will be in this series, or even established (personally I think they will, which would tie in to Doctor Strange). Eventually Mutants will be introduced into The MCU. Its only a matter of time, and between this series, Spider-Man, and Doctor Strange it seems very likely to be soon. Same with the FF who will at the very least be teased in AntMan3

But Wanda lost her kids in the 80's -- I don't see how taht leads directly into House of M. Wasn't that more about Avengers Disassembled and such - I wasn't paying close attention to MArvel at that time as I disliked the general direction. I did read House of M.

Personally, they've ruined the X-Men so badly I don't even WANT them in the MCU. I have come to realize that I dislike the characters fervently.

It is nice to have someone to chat with on comics here though. We might want a thread instead of hijacking this one. Sorry we're getting into deep lore, folks.

But Wanda lost her kids in the 80's -- I don't see how taht leads directly into House of M. Wasn't that more about Avengers Disassembled and such - I wasn't paying close attention to MArvel at that time as I disliked the general direction. I did read House of M.

Personally, they've ruined the X-Men so badly I don't even WANT them in the MCU. I have come to realize that I dislike the characters fervently.

It is nice to have someone to chat with on comics here though. We might want a thread instead of hijacking this one. Sorry we're getting into deep lore, folks.

Basically she magically creates kids for herself and Vision, these children are ‘missing shards’ of a demon. They get reabsorbed back into the demon and Scarlet Witch’s memory gets wiped. She goes nuts and all **** breaks loose. She alters reality, on an Infinity Stone level. Wipes out most of the mutants, turns Spiderman into a movie star and makes Magneto king of the world. Thus begins the House of M.

I do agree. Ive grown less and less of a fan of XMen as a whole, as Ive gotten older. I enjoy the movies, but I dont love them. Even the comics are the worst of what Marvel has put out in the last 10 years, imo. I even tried to watch the animated series a few times since Disney+ launched, a series that I religiously watched every Saturday morning as a kid, and I cant get through 2-3 episodes. I think the 94 Spider-Man series aged better. Logan is the only X-Men related movie/show I throughly enjoy. Legion is why Wandavision scares me. While its highly regarded, its just too bizarre for me.

But I also have faith the MCU will bring the X-Men back to life. I honestly would love a Harry Potter style franchise where you follow a young generation of X-Men where the school of gifted children is the main character like Hogwarts was.

I think the conversation is fair play with the topic. Technically what we’re talking about are rumors about the show lol. I’m wondering if the show will begin each episode with a different decade sitcom and branch off into a theme for the episode, or if all of the sitcommy stuff will be taken care of in episode 1 and the rest of the season is where we get into the meaty story driven stuff. I’m definitely looking forward to it, was just underwhelmed by the teaser. With each viewing, I’m digging it more, but I still have my reservations

Basically she magically creates kids for herself and Vision, these children are ‘missing shards’ of a demon. They get reabsorbed back into the demon and Scarlet Witch’s memory gets wiped. She goes nuts and all **** breaks loose. She alters reality, on an Infinity Stone level. Wipes out most of the mutants, turns Spiderman into a movie star and makes Magneto king of the world. Thus begins the House of M.

I do agree. Ive grown less and less of a fan of XMen as a whole, as Ive gotten older. I enjoy the movies, but I dont love them. Even the comics are the worst of what Marvel has put out in the last 10 years, imo. I even tried to watch the animated series a few times since Disney+ launched, a series that I religiously watched every Saturday morning as a kid, and I cant get through 2-3 episodes. I think the 94 Spider-Man series aged better. Logan is the only X-Men related movie/show I throughly enjoy. Legion is why Wandavision scares me. While its highly regarded, its just too bizarre for me.

But I also have faith the MCU will bring the X-Men back to life. I honestly would love a Harry Potter style franchise where you follow a young generation of X-Men where the school of gifted children is the main character like Hogwarts was.

I think the conversation is fair play with the topic. Technically what we’re talking about are rumors about the show lol. I’m wondering if the show will begin each episode with a different decade sitcom and branch off into a theme for the episode, or if all of the sitcommy stuff will be taken care of in episode 1 and the rest of the season is where we get into the meaty story driven stuff. I’m definitely looking forward to it, was just underwhelmed by the teaser. With each viewing, I’m digging it more, but I still have my reservations

I know the story of Wanbda's kids, but all of that happened between like 1980 and 1988 or so. House of M was in 2005. I just do not rememebr the two stories having any bearing on each other. I could be wrong, but most of that kooky stuff from the 80's wasn't well regarded or often called back to in the 2000s.

The X-Men have become so bad now that it's unbelievable. The current run has perhaps the most offensive premise I've ever seen in a comic book - and I don't mean in that nerdish "they messed up the story" way but in an actually offends my sensibilities as a person way. Some of what they do right now is disgusting. I like the MCU much, much better than the current state of the comics. I'm not normally a "make it like the movies" type, but the MCU is superior in almost every regard, and they've done that without a single mutant character.

I’m enjoying Empyre, much more than their last event, I cant even remember the name of it its so forgettable and it was only 2 years ago. But I wont even pick up the X-Men crossover’s for Empyre, just not worth my time or money.

As for the movies, Days of Future Past is a very well made X-Men movie, but like Civil War, its a watered down version of the story. Apocalypse was offensive to be named after that villain, and comic run. How you make a Thanos level threat into a one movie arc where the big bad looks like Ivan Ooze from the 90s Power Rangers movie is beyond me, not to mention how weak of a threat he was. Deadpool was great....when it came out. Watching it last year and it just wasn’t for me any more. Deadpool 2 was bad. Dark Phoenix was laughable. I still havent seen New Mutants, and I’m sure I will when it ends up on Disney+/Hulu/HBOMax (whichever one has the rights), but I’m not itching to see it anymore.

I’d actually be interested in the X-Men as a Disney+ series prior to leading them into the MCU movies. But that budget would be insane. I’m far more excited about the F4 in the MCU, but if theres anyone that can get me excited about the X-Men again, its Kevin Feige.

Agatha Harkness and possibly even Mephisto being featured in Wandavision just give me the sense that the mutants will either be introduced in the series, or hinted at as a possibility to show up in Doctor Strange. In all actuality, the MCU has enough right now to last another 10 years (or Saga) without even a reference to Mutants, or the F4, but I just dont see them not using them, especially with Kang coming in

I’m enjoying Empyre, much more than their last event, I cant even remember the name of it its so forgettable and it was only 2 years ago. But I wont even pick up the X-Men crossover’s for Empyre, just not worth my time or money.

As for the movies, Days of Future Past is a very well made X-Men movie, but like Civil War, its a watered down version of the story. Apocalypse was offensive to be named after that villain, and comic run. How you make a Thanos level threat into a one movie arc where the big bad looks like Ivan Ooze from the 90s Power Rangers movie is beyond me, not to mention how weak of a threat he was. Deadpool was great....when it came out. Watching it last year and it just wasn’t for me any more. Deadpool 2 was bad. Dark Phoenix was laughable. I still havent seen New Mutants, and I’m sure I will when it ends up on Disney+/Hulu/HBOMax (whichever one has the rights), but I’m not itching to see it anymore.

I’d actually be interested in the X-Men as a Disney+ series prior to leading them into the MCU movies. But that budget would be insane. I’m far more excited about the F4 in the MCU, but if theres anyone that can get me excited about the X-Men again, its Kevin Feige.

Agatha Harkness and possibly even Mephisto being featured in Wandavision just give me the sense that the mutants will either be introduced in the series, or hinted at as a possibility to show up in Doctor Strange. In all actuality, the MCU has enough right now to last another 10 years (or Saga) without even a reference to Mutants, or the F4, but I just dont see them not using them, especially with Kang coming in

Man, I hated DOFP and stopped watching the X-Men movies after that - that movie made no sense. I wish they weren't even n D+ - they just don't hold up. I stopped reading Marvel altogether because of the X-Men thing - I didn't want to see any crossover with them, and the couple of books I was enjoying seemed to be headed that way. They really need to clean-house and overhaul everything in the comics division! I like Civil War the movie MUCH better than the comic - that was one of the comics that drove me away from Marvel once. It's just too dark. The concept is good, but they went too far with it. The movie did not go so far as to make Tony Stark an irredeemable villain.

What do Agatha and Mephisto have to do with mutants though? Again, this all seems to be from Avengers lore. I do think they will introduce mutants to the MCU, but maybe not in WandaVision. I agree that if anyone could rehab the X-Men, it's Kevin Feige, but at this point the hcaracters have become so hateful that it's all I can see. It's tough being a comics fan sometimes!

Soul looks like a pretty weak movie imo. In normal times don’t even know if I will go see it at the movies and I have regal unlimited. Disney probably making the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!