Disney Newbie Here looking for guidance

SSMDMom

Earning My Ears
We are planning to take our 5 year old in early-mid June. Traveling with a good friend who will also bring her 5 year old. Hoping to find a reasonable accommodation suitable for 3 adults and 2 kids (they could sleep on cots we could bring.) Planning to do 4 parks in 4-5 days (possible 5th day in the middle chilling at hotel pool). Thinking that this is a good age because they've dropped their naps and will still love the magic but hopefully won't have too many expectations built up.

Where to stay? (We are open to sharing a hotel room.) We want to stay on Disney property. We plan on only going once and then going back to Florida when she's 10 or 11 to do Harry Potter World. Maybe we want something near night attractions so we could trade off going out when the girls are asleep?

Not many affordable rooms that allow 5 to stay in them. Your most affordable options would either be to split a suite at Art of Animation or to get 2 rooms at Pop Century or one of the All Stars. You could request connecting rooms (not guaranteed to get them). Art of Animation suites have 3 beds and 2 bathrooms, so it's a good fit for 3 adults and 2 kids. Any of these on-property hotels have bus service to all parks.

The only way to get a resort near adult entertainment is either to stay in a deluxe Epcot-area resort ($$$) or stay at Port Orleans, which is a boat ride away from Disney Springs. I'd stay at Pop or AOA and just spring for Uber when you want to find some evening fun.

Really depends on what your price point is. To get 5 people in one room limits your options at the lower end of the price point. My choice would be a room in alligator bay at port orleans riverside. You're a boatride away from Disney springs and I don't think the bus is that long a ride to Epcot

You could get a room at Caribbean Beach Resort. They have rooms with a fold down bed for a child that would sleep five people. The pool there is awesome! The resort is under extensive construction now, so the rates are reduced. Fair warning, due to the construction, food choices are very limited, but if you are planning on spending most of the time at parks, it might be a good option for you.

I wouldn’t be comfortable with three adults in one room. But we did an all stars family suite one year that has a private bedroom and two baths. That sleeps six

I wouldn’t be comfortable with three adults in one room. But we did an all stars family suite one year that has a private bedroom and two baths. That sleeps six

Yeah the option with more bathrooms is sometimes better.

I've stayed at both POR in connecting rooms and AoA family suites with three kids (12, 6, 4) and three adults. We LOVED POR, but I can't imagine staying in a room with one bathroom and 5 people. Plus, I so so loved being able to have a *door* on our room. Plus you guys could put the kids down in the master and wind down in the main part, then set up the sofa and murphy beds and move the kids out (one bed for the kids, one for the other adult) when you're ready to go to sleep. I also like the mini kitchenette at AoA (sink, mini-fridge, microwave) for keeping snacks for everyone and some adult beverages for us. Pro-tip: I'm not too proud to admit that I took a backpack cooler with a gallon ziploc full of ice with some snacks and extra sandwich size baggies. My kids were way too excited to finish their meals in the parks, but when we got back to the room some leftovers zapped in the microwave were a great bedtime snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter