Disney Movies A-Z June Exercise Challenge

Big :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for PollyannaMom turning Indefatigable Purple and for Shrfleen turning Obtainable Pink!

"R" brings us Ratatouille (2007) and Robin Hood (1973). There also are several "returns": Return from Witch Mountain (1978), a sequel to Escape to Witch Mountain (1975); Return to Never Land (2002), a sequel to Peter Pan (1953); Return to Oz (1985), not actually a sequel to The Wizard of Oz (1939) but set in the land of Oz; and Return to Snowy River (1988), a sequel to The Man from Snowy River (1982).

Big :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for PollyannaMom turning Indefatigable Purple and for Shrfleen turning Obtainable Pink!

"R" brings us Ratatouille (2007) and Robin Hood (1973). There also are several "returns": Return from Witch Mountain (1978), a sequel to Escape to Witch Mountain (1975); Return to Never Land (2002), a sequel to Peter Pan (1953); Return to Oz (1985), not actually a sequel to The Wizard of Oz (1939) but set in the land of Oz; and Return to Snowy River (1988), a sequel to The Man from Snowy River (1982).

So many good movies! We love Ratatouille, and I was a big fan of the Witch Mountain and Snowy River movies when I was a kid. I need to find a way to see them again and share them with my daughter.

So many good movies! We love Ratatouille, and I was a big fan of the Witch Mountain and Snowy River movies when I was a kid. I need to find a way to see them again and share them with my daughter.

I'm really enjoying looking into various movies this month--ones I remember fondly and ones I've never heard of. One thing I learned last night is that there's a 2009 remake of Escape to Witch Mountain called Race to Witch Mountain starring Dwayne Johnson (The Rock). Maybe a more modern way to engage your daughter.

Lots of color changes, and a 10% increase in the team total today!

Congratulations to galaxygirl76 for turning Indefatigable Purple and to Twilight Sparkle for turning Obtainable Pink. And special congratulations to snels for being the first team member to reach goal and turn Zippy WISH Green!

For "S," we have Sleeping Beauty (1959), Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937), Splash (1984), and Swiss Family Robinson (1960), plus Song of the South (1946)--controversial because of its racist portrayals of African-Americans.

For lesser-known "S" movies, I'll note Snowball Express (1972), a comedy about a man (Dean Jones) who quits his job to run a Colorado hotel left to him by his uncle. Hijinks ensue. And also Shanghai Noon (2000) and its sequel Shanghai Knights (2003), comedies combining westerns and kung fu that star Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson. There is rumored to be a third movie, Shanghai Dawn, that may yet come to production.

Even more color changes! Tasha228 achieves Indefatigable Purple, I (sophy1996) move to Obtainable Pink, and Shrfleen gains Unswerving Red!

We're up to "T," and it's Throwback Thursday. Let's combine those and look at moves that start with "The" as the first word. As we went through the alphabet, you may have wondered why I didn't mention hits like The Incredibles (2004), The Jungle Book (1967), The Little Mermaid (1989), and The Lion King (1994), or classic films such as The Absent-Minded Professor (1961), The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969), and The Parent Trap (1961). I thought about, but decided against, ignoring the "The" in those titles. And there's a lot of them--a list of Disney-related movies I've been consulting includes more than 140 moves starting with "The."

One "The" film that might be interesting to Disney fans is The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story (2009), a documentary film about the composing team that was directed and produced by their sons.

One of the films the Sherman Brothers provided music for was The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (1968), about the musically talented Bower family band, and their involvement in 1880s politics in the Dakotas. Based on a memoir by Laura Bower Van Nuys, the youngest Bower child, the film stars Lesley Ann Warren, John Davidson, Walter Brennan, and Buddy Ebsen. It also featured Disney favorite Kurt Russell and, in her feature film debut, Goldie Hawn (as a character identified as "Giggly Girl"). (This is where the longtime couple first met, but Hawn was 21 and Russell 16 at the time. They didn't get together until they co-starred in 1984's Swing Shift.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter