Disney Movie Marathon Challenge

If your talking about Direct to Disney sequels, I'd say Aladdin and the King of Thieves is pretty good. Animation is almost on level with the original, they got Robin Williams to voice the Genie again, Sa'luk is a pretty threatening opponent for Aladdin and Co and the plot involving Cassim and the Hand of Midas is very interesting and develops Aladdin as a character for me.

Yeah that one is definitely good!

Well, no it doesn't :o I guess when I think sequels I'm thinking more of the direct-to-video things and sequels that come decades after the original (lookin' at you Bambi II) But I haven't seen Wreck It Ralph 2 because I thought I'd get around to watching the first one at some point. I haven't seen Incredibles 2 but I loved the first one. I'm guess my policy is inconsistent.;)

Avoiding in general is a good policy...We had probably the 5th Winnie the Pooh movie this weekend and it might hve grated :) Review to come...

If your talking about Direct to Disney sequels, I'd say Aladdin and the King of Thieves is pretty good. Animation is almost on level with the original, they got Robin Williams to voice the Genie again,
Funny you'd mention that one, I owned both of the Aladdin sequels on laserdisc and thought King Of Thieves was good. Haven't seen either of the sequels in many years but I recall the animation was clearly inferior to the Aladdin movie.

Are we getting a re-release of Aladdin anytime soon? Those direct-to-video features would be nice bonus material.

I still can't believe I had Lady and the Tramp 2 on VHS when I was younger. Same with Belle's Enchanted Christmas and yet I kept on watching them.

Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Well term is finally over! So I should be able to keep this up better!

Yes, there is another movie in the Poohniverse, and yes it is animated using traditional 2D animation, making this officially Disney’s last 2D animated film SO FAR!

This is the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban of the Poohniverse movies though because...this is the one where things gets dark! Pooh and friends...kill a guy.

Nah I’m just kidding. Tbh we didn’t watch this one all the way through because it was just too boring. Note! This is the first time we have done this in I don't know how many films at this point! Remember we even sat through 'Victory Through Air Power'... It’s still probably not as bad as The Tigger Movie, but I think we’re just a bit fed up with these by now, as they have become very formulaic. The formula is thus: pull a couple of stories from the original books for B plot material (so parents can have a nostalgic sigh or two) and then pad out the rest of the runtime with a repetitive story where the characters become unreasonably terrified by the prospect of change, in the form of some kind of foreign element. They then hatch a plan to capture the offending foreigner, which inevitably goes wrong. In previous movies this immigrant backlash was directed against Kanga and Roo and then the heffalump; in this movie it’s the ‘backson’. The climax of the story is always that the terrifying foreigner turns out to be nice, so we can all learn a valuable lesson about xenophobia. And there’s usually a bit where Pooh gets into some hijinks with a beehive. I am definitely in favour of this message being given to kids, but it needs a shakeup here in terms of plotting and character. It's also a bit difficult to like the Pooh gang when they are repeatedly against change and outsiders.

As I said, we didn’t watch this Winnie the Pooh all the way through and skipped bits (could be misjudging this!), but I’d be willing to bet decent amounts of cash that the plot is pretty much the same as the one I’ve outlined above.

The only difference in this movie is that you don’t actually see the ‘backson’, and assume that it is something that owl has invented (owl takes the place of rabbit in this movie as chief xenophobe), until the post-credits sequence, where the backson appears and falls into the trap that the 100-Acre-Wood gang have created, where he will likely starve and die. So TWIST! Maybe they do kill a guy!...Apologies I could not help myself I had to go dark with this :):):)

Brave (2012)

On the same evening that we decisively failed to watch Winnie the Pooh, we watched Brave. Both of us had watched it a few times before, and as usual we felt that, while it’s a stunning film in a lot of ways, there’s something lacking about Brave that you can’t quite put your finger on.

Of course the film is stunning to look at. It really captures the beauty of Scotland, including what must be some real locations, or at least inspired by them. The movie really leans into this, with various montages accompanied by stirring folk-inspired music to help you appreciate them. The look of the film is its defining feature, which makes me wonder if perhaps this movie is more of a technical exercise, showcasing what can be done with 3D animation, than an organic, holistic whole, comprising story, visuals, music etc.

This having been said, the two main characters are extremely well realised. I have a soft spot for Merida because I also have an uncontrollable mane of long hair, and she certainly is an interesting character, her mum too. Both are extremely self-reliant and strong-willed but in opposite ways, which is a nice touch. It’s good to see truly flawed and complex female characters, representing real-world issues that women face. It’s also quite unusual to have a mother-daughter relationship be the central focus of a movie, especially in a kid’s movie. I think maybe they made Merida a smidge too young, as her mum trying to persuade her to get married at 16 does seem a bit crazy, but the movie seems to be set some time before the Norman Conquest, so it’s probably historically accurate. I’m never sure whether Disney films are trying to be historically accurate or not, and I think this might be Pixar’s first specifically historical film. It’s one of the ways the film sometimes feel a bit more like a Disney than a Pixar.

The music is pretty good and hits all the right beats. I really like folk music, so this should thoroughly appeal to me, and for the most part really does.

The issue for me is the story - it’s just too weird. I’m not sure where the bear idea came from - is it a metaphor? There is a powerful message in there somewhere about not forgetting to communicate, or we’ll stop being able to understand each other, but the bear thing is maybe a bit too extreme. We slightly lose the communication message when the ferocity of the Elinor-bear starts taking over. Is she turning savage because she’s a bear, or for some other reason?

I also feel that apart from the Merida-Elinor relationship, the movie doesn’t really have much going for it. The comedy antics of the clan chiefs are not very funny, the joke mostly boiling down to: ‘Look they’re Scottish! Isn’t that hilarious? Haggis! Kilts! Funny accents! Billy Connolly shouting!’ Some of it lands, but some of it’s just silly, and none of it has very much to do with the central conflict. The three brothers are definitely funnier, but again don’t have much to do with the story.

Overall I really like Brave, but I can’t bring myself to love it. The message of the film doesn’t quite land, and it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity or, ironically, a failure to communicate. The story about mothers and daughters is one that resonates with me, and I’m sure with a lot of girls and women and is actually a 'brave' choice for a film, but the waters have been muddied by somewhat undercooked and confused ideas.

Winnie the Pooh - Really have no idea why you needed to be "dark" there because honestly I don't think there's much to say about this movie from Pooh, it's simple and pretty much what you'd expect a Winnie the Pooh movie to be. It's enjoyable as a movie but it really doesn't have that much to offer for an adult. It's a shame it was paired up with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it was released because it ultimately destroyed Winnie the Pooh at the box office and afterwards there were no more traditional animated films afterwards. The plot is basically Pooh and the gang mistake a note from Christopher Robin as a message that he got captured by a creature that doesn't exist and they go on an adventure to stop said creature and oh Pooh wants honey as well. That's basically it. Not much to say like I say, it's a good movie, not a meaty one for the Disney canon but if you like Winnie the Pooh then you'll enjoy it if not then there's always other films in the animated canon.

Brave - This was eh. What a waste of potential this film was. I really do like Merida, King Fergus and the Chief of the three clans they were always good for a laugh, I enjoyed the first half of this movie but once it got to the bear plot then it just became a generic kids movie and the tone shift is very jarring at most. My problem with Brave is that it's not the fact that it's a bad movie again I did like some of it but it's the problem that it's reusing ideas that have already been in Disney movies most of the Princess films and Brother Bear come to mind for me as well as the fact that they wasted some much potential with what they had with the plot of Brave and not fully expanding on ideas that they establish earlier on like the Wisps which were quite mysterious at first but then later become a convienet plot device for later on.

There are people that are pretty split on who was in the right and who was in the wrong when it comes to down to Merida and Queen Elinor and I'm really not gonna go into that because I'll probably be here all day about this. I think the idea of a Mother and Sister relationship is an interesting concept for a movie but I feel like that's the thing they focused on way too much as the film goes on. I mean I'm more interested in the lore of the world they live in and seeing as this is Scotland we are talking about you could've gone to great lengths to make this film epic at least that's how I thought this movie was gonna be, just a strong independent Scottish princess using a bow and arrows going into battle and kicking butt but no it's the same "I don't wanna be married" or "I don't need a man to solve my problems." Look I'm all for strong independent female characters here but I feel like the message of the film got lost in translation was promptly beating me over the head with it and just got ridiculous over time.

As it stands Brave is an okay movie for me, not terrible, not great but just okay for me. It's a movie that had so much potential and it could've been so much more but ultimately just missed the mark and it's just in the middle in terms of where I rank Pixar movies. Again I liked some of it but I really wish they had gone with more original ideas rather than just recycling other plot points that have already existed in the Disney Animation Canon.

Brave (2012)

On the same evening that we decisively failed to watch Winnie the Pooh, we watched Brave. Both of us had watched it a few times before, and as usual we felt that, while it’s a stunning film in a lot of ways, there’s something lacking about Brave that you can’t quite put your finger on.

Of course the film is stunning to look at. It really captures the beauty of Scotland, including what must be some real locations, or at least inspired by them. The movie really leans into this, with various montages accompanied by stirring folk-inspired music to help you appreciate them. The look of the film is its defining feature, which makes me wonder if perhaps this movie is more of a technical exercise, showcasing what can be done with 3D animation, than an organic, holistic whole, comprising story, visuals, music etc.

This having been said, the two main characters are extremely well realised. I have a soft spot for Merida because I also have an uncontrollable mane of long hair, and she certainly is an interesting character, her mum too. Both are extremely self-reliant and strong-willed but in opposite ways, which is a nice touch. It’s good to see truly flawed and complex female characters, representing real-world issues that women face. It’s also quite unusual to have a mother-daughter relationship be the central focus of a movie, especially in a kid’s movie. I think maybe they made Merida a smidge too young, as her mum trying to persuade her to get married at 16 does seem a bit crazy, but the movie seems to be set some time before the Norman Conquest, so it’s probably historically accurate. I’m never sure whether Disney films are trying to be historically accurate or not, and I think this might be Pixar’s first specifically historical film. It’s one of the ways the film sometimes feel a bit more like a Disney than a Pixar.

The music is pretty good and hits all the right beats. I really like folk music, so this should thoroughly appeal to me, and for the most part really does.

The issue for me is the story - it’s just too weird. I’m not sure where the bear idea came from - is it a metaphor? There is a powerful message in there somewhere about not forgetting to communicate, or we’ll stop being able to understand each other, but the bear thing is maybe a bit too extreme. We slightly lose the communication message when the ferocity of the Elinor-bear starts taking over. Is she turning savage because she’s a bear, or for some other reason?

I also feel that apart from the Merida-Elinor relationship, the movie doesn’t really have much going for it. The comedy antics of the clan chiefs are not very funny, the joke mostly boiling down to: ‘Look they’re Scottish! Isn’t that hilarious? Haggis! Kilts! Funny accents! Billy Connolly shouting!’ Some of it lands, but some of it’s just silly, and none of it has very much to do with the central conflict. The three brothers are definitely funnier, but again don’t have much to do with the story.

Overall I really like Brave, but I can’t bring myself to love it. The message of the film doesn’t quite land, and it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity or, ironically, a failure to communicate. The story about mothers and daughters is one that resonates with me, and I’m sure with a lot of girls and women and is actually a 'brave' choice for a film, but the waters have been muddied by somewhat undercooked and confused ideas.

I have not seen the second Winnie the Pooh film, so I really have no comment. I've just never been that into Pooh, so I don't make them a priority.

Anyway, on to Brave. I think I agree with the assessments given that it's a good movie, but not great, though I think I may feel that way for different reasons. I do not really have a problem with the general plot, the mother/dauthger relationship, of the bear transformations. It your typical "deal with the devil" in that you get what you want, but with unforeseen consequences. It's always funny to me when you notice how young the princesses are to be getting married. Just realize that the settings are medieval times for the most part and that was very common (in fact a 16 year old marrying was quite common until the early 20th Century). Anyway, the movie has it's strong points too. Fergus is pretty great and I particularly enjoy the mischief that her brothers get into. Still, there's something "flat" about this movie. The plot progression is a bit routine I think. There aren't really any surprises. Taking it for what it is, a typical Disney Princess movie, then it's definitely fine. I do really like the song "Touch the Sky." It feels like there may have been more to tell with Brave, though I doubt it's popular enough for a sequel. I did like how Merida's accent was so thick that they couldn't understand her in Ralph Breaks the Internet - nice gag!

Last edited:
I have not seen the second Winnie the Pooh film, so I really have no comment. I've just never been that into Pooh, so I don't make them a priority.

Anyway, on to Brave. I think I agree with the assessments given that it's a good movie, but not great, though I think I may feel that way for different reasons. I do not really have a problem with the general plot, the mother/dauthger relationship, of the bear transformations. It your typical "deal with the devil" in that you get what you want, but with unforeseen consequences. It's always funny to me when you notice how young the princesses are to be getting married. Just realize that the settings are medieval times for the most part and that was very common (in fact a 16 year old marrying was quite common. Anyway, the movie has it's strong points too. Fergus is pretty great and I particularly enjoy the mischief that her brothers get into. Still, there's something "flat" about this movie. The plot progression is a bit routine I think. There aren't really any surprises. Taking it for what it is, a typical Disney Princess movie, then it's definitely fine. I do really like the song "Touch the Sky." It feels like there may have been more to tell with Brave, though I doubt it's popular enough for a sequel. I did like how Merida's accent was so thick that they couldn't understand her in Ralph Breaks the Internet - nice gag!
And the funny thing is Kelly MacDonald actually came back to voice Merida in Wreck-It-Ralph 2. Even if it was just a few lines anyway.

My Dad is Scottish and has a strong accent (makes me half and half!-although from experience it is living in Scotland that makes you count as a 'true Scott'!) and quite a few of the words said in Brave are new to me!

The Secret of the Wings (2012)

We’re back with (a slightly less irritating) Tink again for The Secret of the Wings, which is a somewhat bizarre title. Yes, there’s wings in the movie, but...I dunno, I would have gone with The Secret of Winter, or The One Where Tink Has a Sister, or something.

The quality of the animation takes a noticeable dip in this film. The backgrounds in The Lost Treasure weren’t half bad, but they are a lot less detailed in secret of the Wings. And the characters all look like dollies rather than actual people, which, as we all know, is their ultimate destiny anyway! 7-year-old me is excited to add some winter fairies to my barbie collection.

The big improvement in this movie is Tink herself. She has stopped messing everything up and then being told how wonderful she is for once, and actually has quite a nice, relatable character arc. Her sister is quite sweet too. The other characters are basically cardboard cutouts so there is nothing to say about them. Apart from sexy-Timothy-Dalton-voiced Lord Milori, who is performed by Timothy Dalton and therefore has a sexy voice. (That’s it - the character is still boring, I just thought I’d mention his sexy voice.)

The story is unfortunately a MESS! At least Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure was coherent. The main problem is the ending, where a big storm appears out of nowhere, promising to be a cause of drama and conflict, but then disappears as suddenly as it appeared for no apparent reason, because who wants drama and conflict in a movie? I’d probably complain about this a bit more, but I didn't really expect much in the first place, and also I probably liked this one best out of the three TinkerBells we’ve watched so far.

You know where you are with a TinkerBell movie, I guess. If you’re hoping for something to keep the kids occupied for a bit while you make the tea (or if you’re looking for ideas on what toys to get your 7-year-old for her birthday), I’d choose Secret of the Wings over the other two we’ve watched, but if you’re looking for quality animated film-making...look elsewhere.

Secret of the Wings - I feel like this one should been after the first movie because as I remember there were Winter Fairies at the very beginning of the first movie as well at Tinker Bell's arrival to Pixie Hollow, plus the fact that Tink herself as well as Clank and Bobble flying over the Winter Woods implies that she's been there before does mean it's a weird sense of being retconned in terms of what happens in the movie. Anyways not really a whole lot happens in this one apart from the whole thing that happens at the end, this one was just OK for me. Wasn't good, wasn't bad just in the middle. I wonder what was going through Timothy Dalton's mind when he decided to voice in this movie, I guess maybe for his kids? I mean he was already in Toy Story 3 as Mr Pricklepants so makes sense. A little retroactive recognition for me nowadays is: Matt Lanter who played Sled, Rosetta's love interest for this one is actually the voice of Anakin Skywalker in the CGI Star Wars Clone Wars series. So yeah it's kind of weird hearing Anakin's voice coming out of Sled. Even as a fan, this was average I did like Periwinkle though and yes she does remind me of Elsa, just a tiny little bit, there were moments I did like about this but I do think it was just average.

Well you all know my take on the Tink & Pooh movies--I haven't seen them. I've only seen parts of Brave and what I saw didn't make me want to watch all of it. I may get around to seeing it with the grandkids some day--I think it's on the DVR.

Wreck it Ralph (2012)

Sorry guys - it’s been ages since I posted, and ages since I watched Wreck it Ralph (and the other two movies I’m going to be posting) too. I will try and do better - I really want to get to the end of this marathon now!

So...onto Wreck it Ralph.

Oh hey Disney!! We missed you, where you been, grrrrl?? It doesn’t matter because you are back with a bang!

Wreck it Ralph is really really good. It’s everything a Disney movie ought to be and has so seldom been over the decade or so preceding it: funny, cool, sweet and most of all creative! There is creativity oozing out of every pore of this movie, from the way the different environments look, to the story, to the score to the excellent punnage (seriously, this movie’s pun game is on point)...it’s just all so innovative and brilliant.

I love the way Wreck it Ralph handles the nostalgia factor too. Yes, the movie has lots of references to old video and arcade games, which would probably people growing up in certain decades sighing wistfully, but it doesn’t rely on those references for humour or story beats. They take this idea and make something new and cool out of it (familiar and unfamiliar at the same time), with Fix it Felix Jr and the other games feeling like games you might have played as a kid, but also like totally new worlds. This is also a very joyful version of nostalgia; not the sometimes heart-wrenching version that you see in Pixar movies. Not that that’s a bad thing, but it is nice to have some guilt-free nostalgia every now and then - as I’m sure people on this thread would agree!

I can’t bang on for ages about this because, basically, I haven’t got ages, but let me say that the final thing I love about Wreck it Ralph is the attention to detail. This is something that’s always set Disney apart in everything it does, from Snow White up until the present day, and it’s nice to see we haven’t lost it in the move to computer animation. Little things like the brilliant names for the racers in Sugar Rush, the fact that everything in the Fix it Felix Jr world is made up of squares, the fact that King Candy’s cops are made of donuts, the puns (man, I love a pun)...there’s so much to enjoy, and it means you can watch Wreck it Ralph over and over again, and find something new to enjoy every time.

I think that’s it for me on Wreck it Ralph. I’d love to spend longer and talk about how much I love the two main characters etc. but I need to move on.

Monsters University (2013)

Monsters University is a tricky one, because as a film I think it’s real good, but it doesn't unfortunately match up to the brilliance of Monsters Inc. which I think affects my enjoyment of it. I don’t dislike it, by any means, but I’m not sure if it’s entirely necessary.

This having been said, it’s always nice to see more of characters I like so much as Mike and Sully. The development of their friendship in this story is believable and extremely well done. I like that the characters are already very much the guys we know from Monsters Inc. but with the kind of insecurities that tend to turn us into idiots when we’re around that age. Their friendship develops very organically too, meaning that by the time they start their life-long partnership, you are totally onboard. Of course this is helped by the fact that John Goodman and Billy Crystal are so brilliant and likeable in those roles - they probably save the film from being a bit forgettable.

The rest of the characters are really good too, especially the members of Oozma Kappa. Squishy (who is the voiced by the guy who voices Emile in Ratatouille interestingly) is adorable, and probably my favourite.

As far as plot goes, I feel like we’ve seen this underdog story before, so it’s not super original, but it has a splash of Pixariness that makes it more interesting. Where other movies (especially Disney movies) would have had the school losers win the final competition and become the big men on campus and live happily ever after, this movie wants you to know that you have limits, and that’s OK - sometimes happily ever after looks different than you thought it would.

The animation of the film is of course brilliant, but not anything we haven’t seen before from Pixar. The score is again good, but not as memorable as the first movie’s score. It feels unfair to gripe at small things like this, and as I say, it doesn't mean I don’t really like Monsters University, but when Pixar churns out innovative, inspiring hit after innovative, inspiring hit, when they present something that’s merely very good, you find yourself a bit less lin love with it.

Overall Monsters University is a funny, heart-warming film with brilliant central characters that you could enjoy at any age. Pixar might not have broken any new ground with this one, and it may not be their best, but sometimes it’s OK to be OK.

P.S. See what I did there with the OK? Because OK is the Oozma Kappa symbol...I’ll just go. :)

Wreck it Ralph (2012)

Sorry guys - it’s been ages since I posted, and ages since I watched Wreck it Ralph (and the other two movies I’m going to be posting) too. I will try and do better - I really want to get to the end of this marathon now!

So...onto Wreck it Ralph.

Oh hey Disney!! We missed you, where you been, grrrrl?? It doesn’t matter because you are back with a bang!

Wreck it Ralph is really really good. It’s everything a Disney movie ought to be and has so seldom been over the decade or so preceding it: funny, cool, sweet and most of all creative! There is creativity oozing out of every pore of this movie, from the way the different environments look, to the story, to the score to the excellent punnage (seriously, this movie’s pun game is on point)...it’s just all so innovative and brilliant.

I love the way Wreck it Ralph handles the nostalgia factor too. Yes, the movie has lots of references to old video and arcade games, which would probably people growing up in certain decades sighing wistfully, but it doesn’t rely on those references for humour or story beats. They take this idea and make something new and cool out of it (familiar and unfamiliar at the same time), with Fix it Felix Jr and the other games feeling like games you might have played as a kid, but also like totally new worlds. This is also a very joyful version of nostalgia; not the sometimes heart-wrenching version that you see in Pixar movies. Not that that’s a bad thing, but it is nice to have some guilt-free nostalgia every now and then - as I’m sure people on this thread would agree!

I can’t bang on for ages about this because, basically, I haven’t got ages, but let me say that the final thing I love about Wreck it Ralph is the attention to detail. This is something that’s always set Disney apart in everything it does, from Snow White up until the present day, and it’s nice to see we haven’t lost it in the move to computer animation. Little things like the brilliant names for the racers in Sugar Rush, the fact that everything in the Fix it Felix Jr world is made up of squares, the fact that King Candy’s cops are made of donuts, the puns (man, I love a pun)...there’s so much to enjoy, and it means you can watch Wreck it Ralph over and over again, and find something new to enjoy every time.

I think that’s it for me on Wreck it Ralph. I’d love to spend longer and talk about how much I love the two main characters etc. but I need to move on.

I too love Wreck-It Ralph! As someone who grew up in arcades like that one, it really hit home for me. I appreciated that there were some real games mixed in with the ones made up for the movie. Using original characters let them explore more and have more freedom. I love how emotional it gets too, and I remember seeing it for the first time when it's been established that Vanelope is a glitch, then Ralph catches a glimpse of her on the side of the machine. It was such a great moment! I'll always toss a quarter at Wreck-It Ralph.

Also, did you know they actually made the Fix-It Felix arcade game? It was playable at DisneyQuest for a while. They sell a little mini-version of it now. It's actually pretty fun and fits right in with games of the era.

Monsters University (2013)

Monsters University is a tricky one, because as a film I think it’s real good, but it doesn't unfortunately match up to the brilliance of Monsters Inc. which I think affects my enjoyment of it. I don’t dislike it, by any means, but I’m not sure if it’s entirely necessary.

This having been said, it’s always nice to see more of characters I like so much as Mike and Sully. The development of their friendship in this story is believable and extremely well done. I like that the characters are already very much the guys we know from Monsters Inc. but with the kind of insecurities that tend to turn us into idiots when we’re around that age. Their friendship develops very organically too, meaning that by the time they start their life-long partnership, you are totally onboard. Of course this is helped by the fact that John Goodman and Billy Crystal are so brilliant and likeable in those roles - they probably save the film from being a bit forgettable.

The rest of the characters are really good too, especially the members of Oozma Kappa. Squishy (who is the voiced by the guy who voices Emile in Ratatouille interestingly) is adorable, and probably my favourite.

As far as plot goes, I feel like we’ve seen this underdog story before, so it’s not super original, but it has a splash of Pixariness that makes it more interesting. Where other movies (especially Disney movies) would have had the school losers win the final competition and become the big men on campus and live happily ever after, this movie wants you to know that you have limits, and that’s OK - sometimes happily ever after looks different than you thought it would.

The animation of the film is of course brilliant, but not anything we haven’t seen before from Pixar. The score is again good, but not as memorable as the first movie’s score. It feels unfair to gripe at small things like this, and as I say, it doesn't mean I don’t really like Monsters University, but when Pixar churns out innovative, inspiring hit after innovative, inspiring hit, when they present something that’s merely very good, you find yourself a bit less lin love with it.

Overall Monsters University is a funny, heart-warming film with brilliant central characters that you could enjoy at any age. Pixar might not have broken any new ground with this one, and it may not be their best, but sometimes it’s OK to be OK.

P.S. See what I did there with the OK? Because OK is the Oozma Kappa symbol...I’ll just go. :)

I think you summed this one up pretty well. It's a great movie...but it just didn't have the resonance of the first one. It's still really fun, if a bit or a retread of like every college movie ever. It has the scariest dean ever though! It's interesting that Sully is such a good "scarer" when he's actually pretty cute compared to some of the creatures living in their world. Boo thought Sully was a "kitty" but if Dean Hardscrabble came out of my closet - :scared1:. My favorite scene is when she first appears, blotting out the light with her wings. Anyway, it's a pretty likable movie, though nothing special in the Pixar body of work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts