Disney Monopoly @ Walmart

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
Was at Walmart this morning and they appear to be clearing out the Disney Monopoly game...think it's original retail was over $30 and I bought it for $9.93....good x-mas gift!

Wow! That's awesome... I've been waiting a long time to get. I already have the original version so I could never bring myself to spend an additional $50 (that's what the store near me was selling it for :() for the Disney version.

Which Wal-Mart did you go to? I think I'll have to send my boyfriend tomorrow *lol* :)

Bunnyfoo - it was the WM at Warden & Eglinton and it was out in the middle of an aisle on display. I'd say there was about 20 games left when I was there this morning at 8:30am! Good Luck..this is probably a store-wide clearout, so if there is a store closer to you, I'd try it. Jo

Hi: Do you guys think these will ever be worth anything, I mean when they stop making the game? Got mine at walmart on upper james in hamilton today, and one for my adult daughter for a keepsake.

Deb.

Excellent buy we have bought 5 of them for Christmas presents...unfortunately my kids saw theirs in the back of my vehicle ...darn cheap see thru bags so we played it last night ...good quality game playing pieces are metal and well detailed...no skrimping when they were made and the houses are little plastic somebodys cottage and the hotels are castles...if you dont see them at Walmart ask for them...on friday they had not arrived but did and were on the shelves saturday...the staff can look up and see if they are enroute etc whichis what happened with us Friday...the porperties etc are totally Disneyized

Hmm... I went to three different Wal-Mart stores last weekend and they were all out :( I wonder if the stores in the Toronto area will be getting anymore...

Thanks for posting about this great sale, I bought 4 today in Ottawa. I only needed 2, but I told some girls at work about them and picked up 2 more for them. They were out at the first store I went to, but said they would be getting more. Last year I took advantage of the same type of sale on Monster's Inc. Life game. It sells for $24.93 and I got it for $9.93. We play it all the time.
In unrelated news, but still budget/sale related, I took advantage of the free Passporter offer thru mousesavers, and it arrived today! It is the 2001 edition, but I am sure it will be a valuable resource just the same.

Faye - tell me more about the free Passporter. Did you have to buy something else as well? How were the shipping charges to Canada? Thanks, Jo

Hi Joanne, the Passporter was completely free, I did not have to purchase anything else. The shipping cost was $6.00, I thought that was in U.S funds but I checked my confirmation email and it says $6. Cdn shipping. I think it is brilliant marketing move, this edition is almost 3 yrs old, nobody would buy it, but if people like the concept then they might purchase the current editions for later trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter