Disney moments that make you cry

I mean, I usually cry (happy or sad) at least once per movie. If it's not from a direct scene/plot point, then it's usually from music.

Moments that haven't been mentioned yet that always get me:
Inside Out: "Take her to the moon for me..."
Tangled: "You were my new dream."
Finding Dory: when Dory finds the shells at the end.
Big Hero 6: when Baymax shows Hiro the clips of Tadashi
Princess and the Frog: Ray and Evangeline

I'd post more but I'm tearing up so much typing this!

FEAST! Also, The Fox and the Hound gets me every time. I try to avoid watching it, even though I love it.

No matter how many times I watch the Ellie and Carl relationship montage in Up, I cry. So does When Somebody Loved me from Toy Story 2 and when Bambi's mom dies and he goes to look for her.

All three of those are definitely on my list, especially TS2

the Lava short gets me every time. I don't think there isn't a disney movie that doesn't make me cry either happy or sad tears.

Let's see:
Dumbo---baby mine
Fox & Hound---tweed gives up Todd
Up---the montage but also when the house goes
Inside Out---all of the bing bong stuff
Finding Nemo and Dory---too many parts to name
Oliver & Co---when Oliver is the last kitten left in the box
Jungle book (old animated)---Bagheera's eulogy for Baloo
Toy story 2---when somebody loved me
Toy story 3- the incinerator and the way they look at each other
Maleficent---when she wakes up with no wings
Snow White---the "funeral" scene

I still cry every time I watched the night show at Epcot. As for movies, the last 30 minutes of Toy Story 3 get me every time.

That Fox and the Hound scene! Just devastating!

Me too! :sad:
im-a-fox-ruined-childhood2-andi-m-a-crying-disaster-4792217.png

Can I add pictures?
I think of these scenes...
disney-tangled-see-the-light-scene.png

The lanterns were for you Rapunzel... For you.... :sad:
latest

Waiting for her prince to come...:sad:
Bonnie%2527s%2Bhouse.jpg

Andy gives his toys all to Bonnie.... No more Andy... :sad:
And lastly... Although I am sure there is more but don't want to post too much here.... I must hold back the tears...:sad1:
9d67bee6edf5f76e1357fd98ad2d27f0.jpg

WallE makes a friend after being alone for a long time...:sad:
Okay....I'm done...:worried:

Bing Bong's goodbye and Riley's breakdown from Inside Out definitely got to me in the theater. And I recently watched the Fox and the Hound again and yes, that made me tear up omg! I really can't think of any other though :(

Love this thread! Part of why I love Disney movies is the emotional impact the stories have for me. Sometimes it's tears but there are plenty of goofy grins too!

Not going to repeat the ones already mentioned (because this would be so long!)
and SPOILER ALERT if you haven't seen Moana yet...

when Gramma Tala is about to die, and she's telling Moana to go, but Moana says I can't leave you... and Tala says, "there is nowhere you could go that I won't be with you." And then Moana sets sail and we see Tala's spirit transform into the stingray and leave the island.

:sad::sad::sad:

I bawl at that so hard, every time.

I'm old school, I cry when Dumbo gets separated from his Mom and she is singing.

I watched Dumbo over the weekend for the first time in probably 15 years and I wept for basically the whole movie. Any time anyone made fun of Dumbo and especially when his mother was swinging him on her trunk!

The next day I promptly went to the Disney Store to get a Dumbo plush so that I could hug and cuddle him myself.

Also, when I was talking to my mom about how sad it made me later, I started crying again! Dumbo wrecked me. I was not expecting it.

I watched Dumbo over the weekend for the first time in probably 15 years and I wept for basically the whole movie. Any time anyone made fun of Dumbo and especially when his mother was swinging him on her trunk!

The next day I promptly went to the Disney Store to get a Dumbo plush so that I could hug and cuddle him myself.

Also, when I was talking to my mom about how sad it made me later, I started crying again! Dumbo wrecked me. I was not expecting it.

For some odd reason, it was my son's favorite Disney movie when he was young. He would sit in front of the TV and sing all the songs and cry. Could have been because I was a single mom and he related to the bond but boy was I glad when he finally moved on to another movie. Liked to have killed me to watch it so much.

For some odd reason, it was my son's favorite Disney movie when he was young. He would sit in front of the TV and sing all the songs and cry. Could have been because I was a single mom and he related to the bond but boy was I glad when he finally moved on to another movie. Liked to have killed me to watch it so much.
The first time I watched Dumbo, I was like 3 or 4 years old and I remember rewinding the VHS so I could watch it all over again. I was so much stronger as a preschooler. My heart can't take it anymore.

The death of Ray in The Princess and the Frog as well as the death of Mufasa in The Lion King. I also shed a few tears during Wishes from time to time.

Just from Pixar:
Monsters Inc.: Sully saying goodbye to Boo
Toy Story 2: When Somebody Loved Me
Toy Story 3: last scene (flat out bawling)
UP: Ellie and Carl
Inside Out: the big hug

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter