Disney Math is real!

Wayland10

DIS Veteran
So... we were planing a short 4 or 5 night trip to WDW for next summer. No parks, just DS and a visit to Universal to check out the Harry Potter stuff. Very low key. Then my DMIL decided she'd like to come along, and we were ok with that - except that she decided she's rather have a two bedroom, which we didn't have the points for. And she wanted to stay a full week, and offered to pay to rent or transfer the needed points. Sounds good! But we can't be there for a week and not go to WDW parks for at least a day. So we started looking into point rental, and she decided that for the price she'd rather just buy a contract or two, which we've been urging her to do for years. So she found two small contracts that would give her all the points we'd need for the trip, put in an offer and was accepted. She filed the paperwork, including my husband as a co-owner, and then last night in conversation she mentioned that she thought she'd only come for 5 nights... but that she would pay for the Universal tickets, and we could just keep our points. Well, we haven't been to Galaxy's Edge yet... we'd really like to see what will be done at Epcot by then... the points for those extra two nights in a two bedroom would stretch pretty far if we moved to a studio somewhere, and there are quite a few hotels we haven't tried yet...
So our quick, cheap trip has now become a two week extravaganza with six day park tickets, a visit to Universal, AND a stay in a two bedroom suite. Disney math is my kind of math, where everything is added!:rotfl2:
What's your best Disney Math story?

Congrats! Love your story! :)

The struggle is real. We went into DVC convinced we were doing only a 50 pt contract, resale, but ended up 100 pt direct. And, the addonitis is kicking in, but I think we are good. For now. LOL!

We’ve only been members since 2017, but we’ve already had our share of Disney addition stories (including serious addonitis in 2019 😆).

My longest addition so far was this last December. I had asked my mom & sisters to join me for a little magic at WDW... 2 nights was all we were planning (at the Poly)... after realizing that would be too quick of a turnaround for my body, I asked a friend to also meet me at Disney for a night or 2 at Christmas time (at Bay Lake)... then, my health issues worsened, and my sweet hubby really wanted me to enjoy my time, so he suggested I stay an extra night on each end to give me the best chance at feeling well... things started getting even crazier when my friend said she could do three nights, and one sister was going to come a night earlier than planned too (they’re both as bad as I am 😆)!!

My 2 nights “quick trip” turned into 8 nights... over 4 resorts (VGF, BLT, Poly, & AKV) 😂 & I loved it all!!!

We planned to take my wife’s sister to Aulani for her 60th birthday. We considered renting points, but with resale costs fairly cheap we decided just to purchase a 110 pt contract which came with 220 points. 110 we banked for the family trip and the others we used for another trip to Aulani last September. So instead of renting 2 rooms for one trip we ended up with another DVC contract and an additional trip to Hawaii.

We planned to take my wife’s sister to Aulani for her 60th birthday. We considered renting points, but with resale costs fairly cheap we decided just to purchase a 110 pt contract which came with 220 points. 110 we banked for the family trip and the others we used for another trip to Aulani last September. So instead of renting 2 rooms for one trip we ended up with another DVC contract and an additional trip to Hawaii.
Makes perfect sense! :) Congratulations!

August 2019 - Planned a family vacation for 5 days. Then moonlight magic was announced, so my husband and I decided to go alone a few days earlier and the kids and grandkids could fly down and join us as planned. That put us at 8 days. Then the DIS announced their 20 years of Dreams Event. Of course we had to go! So we added a few days to our trip again. DH and I ended up being at WDW for 11 magical days - 6 alone and 5 with the family. It was the best trip ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts