Disney Marathon Trip Report

Bert says I am orders of magnitude better than last year so maybe I saved it. I peed, showered and took Advil. Went to the pool bar for lunch. Waiting on food now.
Congrats on finishing. I know you were concerned. If Bert's assessment is correct, you should be good with some rest and NSAIDs. I remember last year. Donna could keep up with you in the parks on your 1st and 2nd post marathon days. And that is saying a lot. :)

The time goal doesn't matter if you saved the knee.

j

Yay, I got the virtual queue for GotG. The LL us $14 but I got virtual so I don’t need to give Disney any more money. bert did suggest buying so we can go twice but I am concerned about the motion sickness.

to Finish yesterday, Bert took a nap. I tried but my legs hurt and at 3:30 we headed to MK. In the park at 4:10 and saw the train. Said we had to do it, can you be we had to wait two trains to get on. It was that crowded. By the time we got finished we had 45 minutes till dinner so we hit the Tiki Room and then dinner at skipper canteen. I had the Dan Dan noodles. They were better than I was expecting. After that we hit TTA. Again we had to wait 15 minutes for this. off to the confectionery for treats and waited for Enchantment. It was good. Not my favorite, I still prefer Wishes.

obviously today heading to Epcot. Will add a few pics in the edit.

Edit for pics. Plus I forgot caught the end of the flag ceremony.

8D9F6EC1-5123-47AD-8EAB-96BB1251D12B.jpeg

C8F2D49D-613D-4728-9279-CEFF67BA4868.jpeg

B5471E05-17F1-46A6-B283-8250C1F5A339.jpeg

...................................... Bert took a nap. I tried but my legs hurt and at 3:30 we headed to MK ......................

Again congratulations. I always felt that hurting legs following a Marathon are OK but knees are another story when it comes to pain, so hoping they are fine.

I made my post before I got out of bed so I was not sure how I felt. I slept good till 3. I think the Advil had worn off.

I am at Epcot now. Rode Remy.

The good news is I saved my knee. Swelling is gone and feels like it normally does. I should be able to run and hike once we get home, unlike last year. My hamstrings and quads are sore, so is the left hip that I use to compensate for the knee, but it is all soreness that should be good in the next few days.

Awesome news on your knee Kris! I know it has been a heck of a road to recovery from them and lots of anxiety over another injury. I had a coworker there doing the dopey challenge, dressed as santa for most of them.

And I a with @Teamubr, my times would be measured in days not hours. M and I been trying to get out and get moving more and we tried to pick up the pace, she used to run so I tried to go with her. My ankle, 5 years later, still said no sir! Enjoy that walk or get a bike.

On Monday we did something we have not done in a very long time. We stayed at Epcot from park open to close. We did skip evening magic hours but hit them in the morning. At the park before 8:30 to ride Remy and stayed till after Harmonious. Did not go back to the hotel once.

we did a lot. after Remy, soarin, then living with the land, breakfast at sunshine seasons, then the seas with Nemo and finally GotG. Omg it was awesome. Loved it, but one side broke down while in line so even with a BG we waited over an hour. worth it.

after rides we met up with the run Disney folks from this board for DATW. We met then as they were heading to Germany. We spent till dinner with them. We made it to France and had the slushies. At 5 we left for dinner.

dinner was at Takumi Tei. It was expensive but if you enjoy Omakese and sushi it’s worth it. I will post the pics in the edit. The waygu beef melted like butter.

after dinner walked WS for a full lap and then went to watch Harmonious on the bridge near the IG. This allowed for a quick exit. We were both exhausted and both our backs hurt.

today is AK. We missed rope drop. I am awake I just don’t want to get out of bed.

Edit for pics and I missed the lobster tempura.

D6EBFEF1-7FCD-4A1D-87E0-491360462C91.jpeg

14BFD3A9-46D1-490F-9A44-68A05BFE56BB.jpeg

32E96A3A-B1AC-4197-9A17-1ADEB22C4135.jpeg

106ACB9F-27E4-4FA8-BD64-BEA6653C513D.jpeg

6C0C1976-5643-4EC3-8F7B-F68E8B2EF6D6.jpeg

2FF0D3A9-1B47-49F8-901B-3CEDD5353B5B.jpeg

On Monday we did something we have not done in a very long time. We stayed at Epcot from park open to close. We did skip evening magic hours but hit them in the morning. At the park before 8:30 to ride Remy and stayed till after Harmonious. Did not go back to the hotel once.

we did a lot. after Remy, soarin, then living with the land, breakfast at sunshine seasons, then the seas with Nemo and finally GotG. Omg it was awesome. Loved it, but one side broke down while in line so even with a BG we waited over an hour. worth it.

after rides we met up with the run Disney folks from this board for DATW. We met then as they were heading to Germany. We spent till dinner with them. We made it to France and had the slushies. At 5 we left for dinner.

dinner was at Takumi Tei. It was expensive but if you enjoy Omakese and sushi it’s worth it. I will post the pics in the edit. The waygu beef melted like butter.

after dinner walked WS for a full lap and then went to watch Harmonious on the bridge near the IG. This allowed for a quick exit. We were both exhausted and both our backs hurt.

today is AK. We missed rope drop. I am awake I just don’t want to get out of bed.

Edit for pics and I missed the lobster tempura.

View attachment 730943

View attachment 730942

View attachment 730945

View attachment 730944

View attachment 730946
My knees are hurting just reading about how much y'all are doing. So glad that you've not experienced major issues from the run.
Spoke to Kathy about MW next year if I'm able and we both thought about a BW stay if it could be snagged. Would be easy for her to hand off a M&M McFlurry as I passed to continue my tradition if the course doesn't return to passing McD.

@John VN yes she can but it has to be on the path from HS to Epcot. Bert stood at 24ish because we were at the Swan. Basically the path to turn on the boardwalk between jelly rolls and Atlantic dance. I think she could easily hand off at that spot. We are planning next year but do to saving vacation for a big 2024 summer trip, we are only planning on doing the half.

Congratulations Kris! I agree with the others better to slow down and save the knee. We also got a virtual line for Guardians of the Galaxy and thought it was amazing.

We decided breakfast was a better idea than trying to bust out to AK. We had already missed rope drop. Had the buffet in the hotel. Standard buffet food but it was good, then off to AK.

We rode EE, 25 minute wait. The plan was safari next but the wait was stupid, like 95 minutes. We decided to go to conservation station. The vet was actually running tests on a coral cat shark. She had not been eating, so we were watching an endoscopy and getting biopsies. It was fascinating. Off to pet some goats and then headed back to Africa. Did the two walking trails and tough to be bug. Our final event for the day was festival of the lion king.

Once at the hotel I decided those hamstrings were still very angry with me, so I dunked them in the hot tub. It seems to help at the moment. Bert is packing and then we head to dinner.

95EF5A42-0E26-4041-A296-52305A2BA4CC.jpeg

For dinner we went to Shula’s, not because steak was on the menu but because we could get a last minute ressie. After Monda’s long park day we knew AK would only be a few hours. Originally planned dinner at Tiffin’s but was not happening. We had steak at shula’s it was really good. Not a bad steak place at all but it was steak. After dinner we needed a walk so walked the boardwalk and then rode the skyliner around. Finished at kimonon’s for a drink.

back in the room now. Basically ready to hit it in the morning. hoping to be on the road at 7. Whiskey had some diarrhea at boarding (they called on Monday, I freaked out). I want to pick her up. She had issues much earlier but for the last two months been pretty good. Not sure what is going on but am ready with Metrozonedal. Hopefully we can correct course. No calls on Tuesday from boarding so hopefully not any worse and maybe better.

I think we will hike on saturday. Yes I am excited about that because I could not do that last year. Have a 7 hour drive to contemplate my plans for 2023.

We are home. Whisky was getting a bath today. She was just finishing up when we got there.

C204531D-3C1B-4365-979F-DDCAC1CD465D.jpeg

Look, Whisky neat!

75E6331C-10FC-4A2A-92FA-2F90BD997059.jpeg

She is so pretty. They said she was doing better but she had not pooped. She did on the walk home. Definitely diarrhea again. At least I have medicine so I gave her a metrozandale. It should help but could be another long night for us. I am hoping she is just sick. She has been having issues but the last two months we thought we turned the corner.

Hope Wiskey is feeling better. Wonder if the stress of being boarded was part of it? She looks so happy at least.

it could be stress but she is still in squirts mode. Three doses of medicine so I am expecting tomorrow to be better. It did slow down this evening. She does want to play though so it can’t be that bad. We had some good storms rio through and with the fresh bath am like no playing for you 😂. Planning to go hiking Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter