Disney Magic - September 1st 2019 - 7-Night Northern Europe From Dover

lelalittlelegs

Mouseketeer
We booked this morning and this will be our 4th time on the Magic and our 3rd time to Norway.

Welcome aboard everyone :sail:

We are booked also. 1st time to Norway can't wait. I think It's our 5th time on the magic! :-)
:)

We are booked also. 1st time to Norway can't wait. I think It's our 5th time on the magic! :-)
:)

Norway is absolutely beautiful. We haven't been to any of these ports before apart from Bergen as we've always done the more Northern fjords, I'm looking forward to seeing the south of the country and also Copenhagen.

Husband Rod and i booked. Third cruise for Norway, we cruised a 9 night fjord in 2015 and will cruise a 7 night fjord back to back with this one. Always the same cabin. I'm going to Oslo in July to meet cousins and go to visit the family farm.

We are from Cape Elizabeth Maine!

This will be my 19th DCL cruise and hubby's 14th. 10th cruise on Magic for me and 8th for him.

Husband Rod and i booked. Third cruise for Norway, we cruised a 9 night fjord in 2015 and will cruise a 7 night fjord back to back with this one. Always the same cabin. I'm going to Oslo in July to meet cousins and go to visit the family farm.

We are from Cape Elizabeth Maine!

This will be my 19th DCL cruise and hubby's 14th. 10th cruise on Magic for me and 8th for him.
Does this mean you are on the August 25th sailing? (I'm on that one but there is not a Meet set up for it yet.)

Very excited to be on this cruise, especially since it'll be our first with DCL. Took our 2.5 year old daughter to WDW this past January and had oh so much fun we have really been bitten by the Disney bug. My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary that week and are bringing a friend to help wrangle our (hopefully) 2 kiddos, which will be almost 4 and 9 months at time of sailing. It was very odd to book a cruise with a TBA Infant listed but we can't wait to experience this. Never been to Norway or Denmark and it just seemed perfect to celebrate but also indulge our Frozen-obsessed toddler a little bit!

Has anyone else on this cruise received notification from DCL about an itiniery change? We’ve been to Norway 3 times and one of the ports this time was new, it’s now been changed to one we’ve been to three times before. I’m a bit disappointed :confused3 I know I’ll still love it but still, meh.

We’ve just booked this cruise! We’ve sailed to Norway 3 times before (once on the DCL TA) but wanted a DCL fix and to go back to Copenhagen and Bergen in particular.

Hello everyone! My husband and I are booked on this cruise, we have briefly driven through Copenhagen, and have visited a few places in Sweden, but Norway will be new for us! Also looking forward to seeing Dover! Still deciding if we will spend the night before the cruise in London, or Dover. I'm leaning towards Dover since we have done London a few times before. We are coming from Germany, but not until Saturday so that my husband doesn't have to take an extra day of leave (he's in the US Army). If anyone has been to Dover and has suggestions on where to stzy, please let me know! Thanks. Marybeth

So this is our second time to the Fjords on the Magic (third time on a Norway cruise) and I have to say that this thread seems very quiet compared to the last DCL thread for our Fjord cruise in 2016. It’s showing as a well sold cruise, so where are my cruise mates at?

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! We are Londoners and as such would always recommended extra time in London (can’t help being biased) but depending on actual daylight hours that you have in Dover could sway my vote. Dover doesn’t have a ton of stuff on offer in the immediate vicinity, the castle is there obviously but locally for hotels and meals etc it is a quite industrial seaside port/town with smaller chain hotels and bed and breakfast type accommodation. Dover will of course be significantly cheaper than London too. If you just have a couple of hours on the Saturday afternoon to kill then I would opt for Dover but keep my expectations quite basic. If you have all day Saturday then I would probably opt for London as there is so much more to see and do there. Not sure if that helps or makes the decision harder lol

Hello everyone! My husband and I are booked on this cruise, we have briefly driven through Copenhagen, and have visited a few places in Sweden, but Norway will be new for us! Also looking forward to seeing Dover! Still deciding if we will spend the night before the cruise in London, or Dover. I'm leaning towards Dover since we have done London a few times before. We are coming from Germany, but not until Saturday so that my husband doesn't have to take an extra day of leave (he's in the US Army). If anyone has been to Dover and has suggestions on where to stzy, please let me know! Thanks. Marybeth

Last edited:
Hello Cruisers! My family is just about to pull the trigger on this trip through Norway. We are super excited but also nervous. My boyfriend, daughter and I took a DCL eastern Bahamas sail 6 years ago and loved it. My mother always wanted to try DCL but my dad, who didn't like kids, stonewalled the idea. Well, he passed last fall and she has decided to give it a go. Any other seniors embarking on Sept.1? I really hope that she will make new friends.

Hello Cruisers! My family is just about to pull the trigger on this trip through Norway. We are super excited but also nervous. My boyfriend, daughter and I took a DCL eastern Bahamas sail 6 years ago and loved it. My mother always wanted to try DCL but my dad, who didn't like kids, stonewalled the idea. Well, he passed last fall and she has decided to give it a go. Any other seniors embarking on Sept.1? I really hope that she will make new friends.
Hi and welcome aboard! This has turned out to be a very quiet forum for this cruise and there hasn’t been much activity for a well. This may be in part due to this being a very undersold cruise or perhaps people are elsewhere. I’m certain there will be other seniors on this cruise as it falls right at the end of the British school holidays and many families won’t be able to take school aged children with them, so the demographic could be an older cruise. I hope you were able to book and got yourself a deal now that it’s on sale!

Hi everyone! I have only just found this group. I am booked on this cruise with DH and DS (29) who has agreed to put up with his aged parents for the duration, although he has booked the more active port adventures to get away from us. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We have done 4 night Bahamian and 7 night Alaskan previously. Also a Caribbean cruise with Celebrity. We are DVC members and this will be our only Disney fix for this year as we have recently moved from Essex to North Yorkshire.

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your first European cruise onboard The Magic! This isn’t an active this group at all, compared to our other cruises but I’m here and check-in regularly to see if anyone has any questions.

Hi we are now booked! So excited as we live in London and taking ship from Dover this is our twelfth cruise

So this is our second time to the Fjords on the Magic (third time on a Norway cruise) and I have to say that this thread seems very quiet compared to the last DCL thread for our Fjord cruise in 2016. It’s showing as a well sold cruise, so where are my cruise mates at?
Well we are booked! Super excited to be on the magic again

Hi everyone! I have only just found this group. I am booked on this cruise with DH and DS (29) who has agreed to put up with his aged parents for the duration, although he has booked the more active port adventures to get away from us. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We have done 4 night Bahamian and 7 night Alaskan previously. Also a Caribbean cruise with Celebrity. We are DVC members and this will be our only Disney fix for this year as we have recently moved from Essex to North Yorkshire.

Congratulations we are also on this cruise, we are from London

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter