Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Limo was a half of mile to the house. The limo broke down radiator. He had to call the owner. Owner bringing another limo. brung the guy some water and see if he wanted to go to the house while he waited. He wanted to stay with the limo. He would of been about a half hour. In the limo now still have plenty of time.

Limo was a half of mile to the house. The limo broke down radiator. He had to call the owner. Owner bringing another limo. brung the guy some water and see if he wanted to go to the house while he waited. He wanted to stay with the limo. He would of been about a half hour. In the limo now still have plenty of time.
Oh my, drama.
Hope the rest went well!!
We are up, and will try to get to the train station in a bit....in Paris!!

Fly out tonight on British airways. No mutiny from the pilots no mass call outs. Fly tonight from Newark 9:35 pm.
Called Disney yesterday and they wanted us to get to the pick up place for heathrow airport at 11. Called them today and see what times the first bus leaves to the port it’s at 9. 11 o’clock is too late probably takes 2 hours to get to the port.

Do you know where we're supposed to pick up the transfer at Heathrow? We fly in Saturday morning and we're staying near Windsor and then going back to Heathrow Sunday for the transfer. But I just realized I have no idea where at Heathrow to go!

Do you know where we're supposed to pick up the transfer at Heathrow? We fly in Saturday morning and we're staying near Windsor and then going back to Heathrow Sunday for the transfer. But I just realized I have no idea where at Heathrow to go!

They told me terminal 3 arrivals.

Phone number for dcl for transportation is
1-800-395-9374

Phone number for dcl desk at heathrow is 008008719046. They told me to call this number if I don’t see anyone when I get to terminal 3 arrival. But I should see dcl people there waving the Mickey hands.

Last edited:

They told me terminal 3 arrivals.

Phone number for dcl for transportation is
1-800-395-9374

Phone number for dcl desk at heathrow is 008008719046. They told me to call this number if I don’t see anyone when I get to terminal 3 arrival. But I should see dcl people there waving the Mickey hands.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Flew British Airways last night from Denver. Got to London this morning with no issues. We enjoyed a fabulous day in London today. The weather is amazing! Looking forward to Sunday, but definitely enjoying our time in London beforehand.

Flew British Airways last night from Denver. Got to London this morning with no issues. We enjoyed a fabulous day in London today. The weather is amazing! Looking forward to Sunday, but definitely enjoying our time in London beforehand.
We also arrived yesterday morning and, wow, the weather is so nice. And today looks to be pretty much the same.

Safe travels to everyone!

Started out as a nice cruise, no complaints about missing ports, we were bummed yes, but safety first. We had real complaints about the actual cruise though. A few of the main ones would be our AC didn’t work the first day and when they came to fix it they found no filter and a blocked coil. They cleaned the coil while we were in the room and it dropped black mold all over the floor. They then replaced the fan in the unit and it worked great. We tried to go on the verandah one day and the lock broke keeping us from opening the door. Thankfully no one was out there it took them 20 minutes with 2 guys and a hammer and screwdrivers to pry it open. The shower handle fell off the third day when our teen was showering, they fixed it very quickly. We had to share a bar of soap between the two bathroom sinks the first few days because we were told by head of housekeeping that Disney only allowed one bar of soap per stateroom. The kids pools were closed almost everyday even though the adult pool was open. We were told this was because they didn’t require a lifeguard at the adult pool. The food was subpar most days. We had a bone in our lettuce wraps. We had a bone in our fish. Every steak we ordered was inedible. The fish was always over cooked. We had 2 sets of magnets stolen from our door. Our attendant left a lithograph on our fish outside the room (not sure why, we were at dinner and did not have the room occupied sign out) and it was stolen we only knew this because we had a letter explaining the lithograph but no litho. And the cruise director Trent stopped my husband in the hall and indicated he knew we were having issues and said the problems we had on the cruise were our fault because we booked this cruise and we shouldn’t have booked it due to so many sea days. How was that our fault? We didn’t have problems with that. We’ve had 3 cruises out of 10 with itinerary changes it happens. It’s not our fault stuff broke. We booked it as a graduation celebration for our teen. We booked it to go to Europe. He had no right to make an assumption like that. Very sad.

Last edited:
Was there any problems with Norwegian Air, or did all go well for those that booked with them?

I don't know about Norweigian Air, but our British Airways flight from Rome to Heathrow on the 12th went just fine. Their terminal on both ends was very quiet. I was worried they wouldn't have their planes in place after the two day pilot strike on the 9th and 10th, but all went well for us.

Aside from the detour, we had a wonderful cruise. The worst night was when they turned south in the middle of the Atlantic.....that was a very rough night. The next day the captain announced that it would be worse....but turned out much better.

We, too, only had a bar of soap in the toilet bathroom sink, not the shower room sink. I just left a note for our stateroom host and he took care of it. I assume they are trying to cut back on waste, but I bring coffee back to our room in the morning and need to wash up and its convenient to have that second sink with soap when someone is using the other area.

Regarding the theft of items from doors and the the fish clip.....was it reported to security? There are cameras in the hallways and other areas. We had a nice conversation with the head of security....retired law enforcement from the UK. I'm curious if it was reported and if they did anything about it. I found something on our fish clip....a rolled up paper that said "pixie dust" on the outside, and it turned out to be a typewritten recipe for snickerdoodle cookies. We did not belong to any "group" and figured it was put there by mistake, so I put it back there, but it stayed.

The adult pool was also closed many times. It would be open in the morning, but then would be closed a few hours later when the seas got rougher. It got downright dangerous to be in the pool. My main complaint was the same people sitting in the hottub for hours....no room for anyone else and the other hottub would be packed, but at least people got in and out.

Most of our meals were good. I need to remember that I am not eating at Narcooses or California grill, but in MDR on a cruise ship that is pumping out hundreds of meals. I learned early on that the beef needed to be ordered medium rare, and I would repeat that to my server....the dining rooms are quite loud. I sent back my beef the first night....it was closer to well done. I thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers and soups.

I was a little disappointed with the lack of communication regarding what was going to happen at Ringskadiddy port. We did not attend the show the night before and had no idea they were supplying shuttle busses to town. Someone on deck 10 that was also enjoying the ship entering the harbor in Cobh told me about it (they attended the show and they announced it there). I had checked the paper navigator over and over and saw nothing. Should have gone to guest services to ask I guess. Maybe I missed it on the navigator. Either way, was happy about the shuttle and we had a nice day.

I like the change in ports. I only live about 2 and a half hours from nyc but it’s such a pain driving in nyc and expensive parking that we hardly go. Last time was in 09 when we stayed 2 nights watching the Phillies play the Mets. Sucks for the people who live in nyc or was staying there after the cruise.

I don't know about Norweigian Air, but our British Airways flight from Rome to Heathrow on the 12th went just fine. Their terminal on both ends was very quiet. I was worried they wouldn't have their planes in place after the two day pilot strike on the 9th and 10th, but all went well for us.

Aside from the detour, we had a wonderful cruise. The worst night was when they turned south in the middle of the Atlantic.....that was a very rough night. The next day the captain announced that it would be worse....but turned out much better.

We, too, only had a bar of soap in the toilet bathroom sink, not the shower room sink. I just left a note for our stateroom host and he took care of it. I assume they are trying to cut back on waste, but I bring coffee back to our room in the morning and need to wash up and its convenient to have that second sink with soap when someone is using the other area.

Regarding the theft of items from doors and the the fish clip.....was it reported to security? There are cameras in the hallways and other areas. We had a nice conversation with the head of security....retired law enforcement from the UK. I'm curious if it was reported and if they did anything about it. I found something on our fish clip....a rolled up paper that said "pixie dust" on the outside, and it turned out to be a typewritten recipe for snickerdoodle cookies. We did not belong to any "group" and figured it was put there by mistake, so I put it back there, but it stayed.

The adult pool was also closed many times. It would be open in the morning, but then would be closed a few hours later when the seas got rougher. It got downright dangerous to be in the pool. My main complaint was the same people sitting in the hottub for hours....no room for anyone else and the other hottub would be packed, but at least people got in and out.

Most of our meals were good. I need to remember that I am not eating at Narcooses or California grill, but in MDR on a cruise ship that is pumping out hundreds of meals. I learned early on that the beef needed to be ordered medium rare, and I would repeat that to my server....the dining rooms are quite loud. I sent back my beef the first night....it was closer to well done. I thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers and soups.

I was a little disappointed with the lack of communication regarding what was going to happen at Ringskadiddy port. We did not attend the show the night before and had no idea they were supplying shuttle busses to town. Someone on deck 10 that was also enjoying the ship entering the harbor in Cobh told me about it (they attended the show and they announced it there). I had checked the paper navigator over and over and saw nothing. Should have gone to guest services to ask I guess. Maybe I missed it on the navigator. Either way, was happy about the shuttle and we had a nice day.
We did report it to security. We had several conversations with Jen. She said they have cameras in places and “it happens”. They were not concerned. They just apologized about the magnets and instantly replaced the lithograph saying they are collectors items and they expect to have replace some.

We didn't have to use our Norwegian tickets thankfully, we made the standby flight on Virgin Atlantic, which was amazing, they gave us our own row and we were nice and comfy. Didn't sleep much, but took a nap when we arrived in London.

A couple rough nights, had to take 2 bonine tablets, they worked fine.
DIdn't mind the overnight in NYC, we had a great day on the Big Bus. We stayed in the city 12 hours.
Then spent 2 days there, walking around. Got a very early flight this morning home by 9am!
Now doing laundry.

Homemom, to me that was not an acceptable answer regarding the thefts. That is something you spent money on (the magnets) plus those are mementos. I did notice towards the latter half of the cruise that young teens seemed to be getting a bit rambunctious...I was thinking that maybe they were "pranking" and moving magnets and things around (like the recipe on my fish clip).

I enjoyed the WBTA so much (in spite of the rough night and detour) that I'm thinking of the EBTA. There was a really great VGT rate that came out for that one for May 2019...hoping for another. Really bummed about the elimination of DCL's OBC for onboard booking/placeholder. Glad I got one last week....although I can't use it for VGT anyway. But used one for this cruise and it helped with gratuities.

Homemom, to me that was not an acceptable answer regarding the thefts. That is something you spent money on (the magnets) plus those are mementos. I did notice towards the latter half of the cruise that young teens seemed to be getting a bit rambunctious...I was thinking that maybe they were "pranking" and moving magnets and things around (like the recipe on my fish clip).

I enjoyed the WBTA so much (in spite of the rough night and detour) that I'm thinking of the EBTA. There was a really great VGT rate that came out for that one for May 2019...hoping for another. Really bummed about the elimination of DCL's OBC for onboard booking/placeholder. Glad I got one last week....although I can't use it for VGT anyway. But used one for this cruise and it helped with gratuities.
We booked the EBTA, on board with the credit thank heavens, and I hope you get to go, too!

We put our placeholder in the box the night before the NYC stop, never received an email confirmation on it, so I called and was told it could take up to 7-10 days to show. Yesterday I did get an email and it said they received it but didn't take the payment, which was weird. But I called with my credit card info and I'm set. Made sure to ask I was getting that OBC too.

Time to start planning for "Hawaii, the sequel!" :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!