Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Hi all! My husband and I are on this sailing and super excited about it! We're flying into Heathrow a day early and I'm just getting around to finalizing our pre cruise plans. We're going to be staying at the Oakley Court in Windsor. We're thinking about getting a car to pick us up at the airport and take us to Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle before dropping us at the hotel. Thinking we'll then either get the DCL transport to Dover from Heathrow or get a car to drive us. See you all soon!!

Last edited:
I won't be long now!!! Getting very excited. For those that are from the NJ area....how are you getting from the port in NYC back to where you have your car? We will be parking off-site near Newark airport. I was thinking of getting to Penn Station and taking NJ transit train to Newark airport and then taking the shuttle to the parking area. Although Penn station is about 10 blocks from the port. Long walk....and taxi would be a fortune. I guess I could probably figure out how to use the subway. :oops:

I guess there is always Uber or Lyft. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate any feedback.

We often take a taxi or uber from the Port to Penn Station. It wasn't expensive. I cannot imagine trecking our luggage for 10 blocks. There is a taxi line across the street from when you exit the port.

I received my luggage tags in the mail today. Happy mail!! I also lined up my substitute at school so feeling pretty ready. Just dreading writing 8 days of sub plans.

I received my luggage tags in the mail today. Happy mail!! I also lined up my substitute at school so feeling pretty ready. Just dreading writing 8 days of sub plans.
Good for you! What do you teach? I taught math, high school and part time at University of Cincinnati, Blue Ash.

Good for you! What do you teach? I taught math, high school and part time at University of Cincinnati, Blue Ash.
I am teaching middle school language arts this year. I have taught it before, but not for a while. I've also taught middle school reading, but mostly middle school social studies.

We often take a taxi or uber from the Port to Penn Station. It wasn't expensive. I cannot imagine trecking our luggage for 10 blocks. There is a taxi line across the street from when you exit the port.
Thank you for this info. Still trying to figure out what we will do. We can actually take NJ transit from Penn Station and be very close to our home town.

Just got our luggage tags!!!
So close now........
Us too! So excited. I guess they don't do the cute spiral bound notebook any more. Happy with my room assignment too (was GTY oceanview). Midship. We always get Veranda, but was too expensive for this cruise. Stocking up on various motion sickness remedies: ginger gum, ginger candy, seabands for the wrists, prescription meclazine. Thinking of getting the patch behind the ear thing for hubby, as he is more sensitive to motion.

Us too! So excited. I guess they don't do the cute spiral bound notebook any more. Happy with my room assignment too (was GTY oceanview). Midship. We always get Veranda, but was too expensive for this cruise. Stocking up on various motion sickness remedies: ginger gum, ginger candy, seabands for the wrists, prescription meclazine. Thinking of getting the patch behind the ear thing for hubby, as he is more sensitive to motion.

This is actually our first cruise ever in an oceanview and not a verandah too! I didn't book opening day for this cruise we changed from a Bermuda cruise. I swear by my Bonine every night before bed and have not had any issues since starting this routine.
They don't send those big books any longer, they're saving paper, so they email all the information to you now.
One month from today we will be landing in London.......:yay:

One month from today, we leave for Paris.

Is anyone here interested in having a breakfast meet on the first sea day? I always ask, and usually some to participate! We meet outside Lumiere’s about 10 minutes before it opens, and get seated together. If the atrium is being used for Greets, then we meet by the side door.

Interested?

Have you thought about renting a car? We’ve reserved a car with Enterprise and they are going to pick us up at port. We’re actually doing this at all the ports this cruise.

I've been trying to decide whether to get a taxi to the ferry port and go over to Cobh or rent a car. I went to the Enterprise site but it said something about calling the rental office to arrange pick up at the pier. I have no clue how to call an international number. Did you call them or send an e-mail? I see that renting a manual transmission is much cheaper.....but it's been years since I've driven one, so will probably do automatic. Kinsale seems like a nice place to visit, but so does Cobh. I'm still undecided.

It looks like there is a train from Cobh to Cork very close to the port, which leaves every hour. I'm planning to just do that. From what I can tell, you can buy tickets in advance cheaper (for about 7 Euros), but you would be locked in to a specific time.

I've been trying to decide whether to get a taxi to the ferry port and go over to Cobh or rent a car. I went to the Enterprise site but it said something about calling the rental office to arrange pick up at the pier. I have no clue how to call an international number. Did you call them or send an e-mail? I see that renting a manual transmission is much cheaper.....but it's been years since I've driven one, so will probably do automatic. Kinsale seems like a nice place to visit, but so does Cobh. I'm still undecided.

It looks like there is a train from Cobh to Cork very close to the port, which leaves every hour. I'm planning to just do that. From what I can tell, you can buy tickets in advance cheaper (for about 7 Euros), but you would be locked in to a specific time.

I saw that too. I'm just worried about getting back to the ship on time. I'm hoping that DCL will step up and provide transportation options from this docking facility to the ferry that will transport you to Cobh. I cannot imagine how DCL got bumped from the Cobh pier. When we were on the Fantasy in September, we were the second cruise ship that had stopped in Tortoga in about a year (Fantasy had stopped there the week before)...they were still recovering from Wilma I think? There was a very organized taxi service....and the guy that took us to Cane beach asked what time we wanted to be picked up and was there at the designated time. Hoping to have the same thing in Ringaskiddy.

Oh my goodness! I haven’t stopped by almost since this thread started! Hi everyone, I’m pretty active on the FB groups. If you’re not on them, hi again! My name is Denise,DH and I are cruising. We live in South Fl. No kids this cruise. Our DD just graduated from Stetson University, Music Ed major and our son is starting his senior year in high school. This will be our 7th DCL cruise. We’re going to Dublin and Belfast before the cruise and straight to Dover for one night. Because, and I blame my self, I never heard of Disney providing air transportation, we booked with Norwegian. If you haven’t heard, they are having some major issues. So to be super safe, I booked with Aer Lingus for our flights to Ireland. This mistake is costing us $$$ but, better safe rather than look for flights last minute. Looking forward to this vacation!

I don't do facebook. But heard about the Norweigian and Iceland Air issues. That is so awful. Sorry about your stress. A 10 night cruise is going to be wonderful. Congrats on having the kiddos moving on up. It is a good feeling, right?

Oh my goodness! I haven’t stopped by almost since this thread started! Hi everyone, I’m pretty active on the FB groups. If you’re not on them, hi again! My name is Denise,DH and I are cruising. We live in South Fl. No kids this cruise. Our DD just graduated from Stetson University, Music Ed major and our son is starting his senior year in high school. This will be our 7th DCL cruise. We’re going to Dublin and Belfast before the cruise and straight to Dover for one night. Because, and I blame my self, I never heard of Disney providing air transportation, we booked with Norwegian. If you haven’t heard, they are having some major issues. So to be super safe, I booked with Aer Lingus for our flights to Ireland. This mistake is costing us $$$ but, better safe rather than look for flights last minute. Looking forward to this vacation!

We booked Norwegian Air to fly to London out of Miami and they switched out the airplane and put us on Privilege Air instead of their plane.
I was not happy to say the least.
Our son works for the airlines and we are now booked on Virigin Atlantic as stand by fliers, we should have done that from the beginning, but we grabbed a great deal from Norwegian $600 for both of us, should have known. Now I pray there are available seats for us, so we can fly Virgin instead.

Wow, this is getting so close! Our daughter will have a unit on different currencies in math class, and she will need to continue her studies while we are away. If anyone is interested in helping her obtain a coin from a different country, we would be grateful. We have plenty of USD, Euro and CAD. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!