Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

I've called Disney twice about this and they've denied having transportation from the Doubletree. Is there a special number that you called?
Did you ever get an answer about the transport to Dover? My T/A just booked this, $120 for two adults. We are staying at the DoubleTree, but you are not required to stay there in order to get on the bus.

I've been poking around, trying to find info on Ringsikiddy or whatever it is called. I found what looks to be an official site....I haven't had time to really check it over, but it looks like you can take a taxi or bus to the ferry (a few minutes away) and take it across to Cobh. It is only a few minutes to cross the harbor. I will try and post the link to the website.

Okay, I cannot post the link, but if you search Port of Cork dot ie you should come to something..I clicked on "Cruise and Ferries" in the middle of the page, then on the left hand side drop down menu I clicked on "tourism" and then "frequently asked questions". They sure didn't make it easy. I think my plan will be to get transportation to the ferry and spend some time in Cobh. Want to see the church on the top of the hill and try a local eatery.

And thank you for the Heathrow to London info. Appreciate it.

2017 was the first time the Magic landed in Portland. I remember there had been a problem near London around that time. There were dogs sniffing as we came back from excursions. As we left there was a ceremony, a band and cannon salute and finally bagpipes playing Amazing Grace.

View attachment 400027 View attachment 400028 View attachment 400029
We were at the same cruise!!! We have similar pictures :flower1:
There was a bombing in Manchester, at Ariana Grande's concert.
We are really excited to do now the WBTA. Counting the days!!!!

Did you ever get an answer about the transport to Dover? My T/A just booked this, $120 for two adults. We are staying at the DoubleTree, but you are not required to stay there in order to get on the bus.

I've been poking around, trying to find info on Ringsikiddy or whatever it is called. I found what looks to be an official site....I haven't had time to really check it over, but it looks like you can take a taxi or bus to the ferry (a few minutes away) and take it across to Cobh. It is only a few minutes to cross the harbor. I will try and post the link to the website.

Okay, I cannot post the link, but if you search Port of Cork dot ie you should come to something..I clicked on "Cruise and Ferries" in the middle of the page, then on the left hand side drop down menu I clicked on "tourism" and then "frequently asked questions". They sure didn't make it easy. I think my plan will be to get transportation to the ferry and spend some time in Cobh. Want to see the church on the top of the hill and try a local eatery.

And thank you for the Heathrow to London info. Appreciate it.
Yes, I was able to book it. I'm not sure what the problem was with the first two cm's I spoke with. Over the years after multiple trips to WDW and DCL....I have little faith in the information I get from CM's. We are doing a ship excursion to Blarney Castle out of Cork. After 21 DCL cruises I could count on one hand the number of ship excursions I've done, but we are doing this one.

All interested in Fish Extenders,
We have a new family! Here's the updated list. Anyone who would like to join, we still have room. The list will close Aug. 1 so all will have time to gather/make gifts.

Can't wait to sail with you!
Hello, I sent an email with our information in hopes of joining the Fish Extender. I’m a total rookie, so please forgive me. Thanks and looking forward to this awesome cruise.

To all Fish Extenders,
We have a new family! I've attached the updated list. One family is still waiting for a room assignment, but I've been assured they will participate. I'll send that along as soon as I have it.

I will close this list on August 1. I hope all of you are getting excited and having fun gathering/making your gifts. See ya real soon!

Attachments

• Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC as of 071119.pdf
    229 KB · Views: 27
I know there is another site where people communicate, but I need to know if anyone has a list of nightly themes--meaning formal, semi-formal, pirate?--does anyone have one? Thanks!

Hello,

We are already in the FE group. Stateroom 6147. I just wanted to make sure that I completed our information for the final list. It is 2 adults Tom and Robin. No children. Favorite characters are Tom(Wall-E) and Robin(Minnie). No special occasion but are really excited about our first TA crossing.

We are traveling through Europe for about 2 weeks ahead of time. We have made all of our arrangements but are having trouble booking train tickets. My wife is in a wheelchair so we cannot book on line. I have tried calling a few different numbers that have been sent as email responses from different train companies but have not been successful in obtaining tickets. We have decided that we will get tickets upon arrival to our destinations. Does anyone know if we can book wheelchair accessible tickets at the train stations? We will have a few days in each location and plan on getting the tickets as soon as we arrive in case there are any problems. Are there any other places to book train tickets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We have finalized our Paris/Normandy cemeteries day trip plans. It seems the Paris train station is huge and not particularly HA friendly. I use at least a cane. We will allow lots of time that morning. It’s my one reservation about the trip, but the one destination I really want to get to.

I got my transfers from London Doubletree to Dover yesterday, pre-paid my gratuities yesterday, and got our flight to London booked today. Everything is now booked and paid for. I just have to decide if we will do the photo package. We are still waiting on a room assignment. But, we are ready to go!

Last edited:
Hi All! Me, my wife and my oldest daughter are booked on this cruise. We are all excited. We have sailed on many DCL cruises since 1999. Our most memorable cruise was the 2008 east bound Panama Canal from LA to Florida. Hope to get to know a few of our fellow cruisers prior to our sailing. We arrive in London on September 13th. We are staying at the Waldorf Hilton for 2 nights. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip!

PS. That is me and my brother-in-law Jack on the Buzz Light year ride.

Hello everyone! We booked opening day but since it is getting close figured we would say “hi”.

@darthrugby I think your hotel is the one where we stayed after the Copenhagen to Dover in 2015. It is pretty nice and not too far from the main tourist area. We will make it to London for two days before the cruise and do DCL transfers to the ship. It looks like we are neighbors to @DadofThreeCrazies on the ship. Hope everyone is getting excited.

So excited!
Less than 2 months to go.......
Just need to book flight home from NYC, my son works for the airlines so I wait and watch where there are the most available seats.
Need to get our hop/hop off passes for London for Friday & Saturday.
It will be here before we know it!

I won't be long now!!! Getting very excited. For those that are from the NJ area....how are you getting from the port in NYC back to where you have your car? We will be parking off-site near Newark airport. I was thinking of getting to Penn Station and taking NJ transit train to Newark airport and then taking the shuttle to the parking area. Although Penn station is about 10 blocks from the port. Long walk....and taxi would be a fortune. I guess I could probably figure out how to use the subway. :oops:

I guess there is always Uber or Lyft. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate any feedback.

I got my stateroom assignment this week, so now it seems super real. I'm so excited, but a little nervous too. I have a lot to do before we go and I know the time will fly between now and then.

I got my transfers from London Doubletree to Dover yesterday, pre-paid my gratuities yesterday, and got our flight to London booked today. Everything is now booked and paid for. I just have to decide if we will do the photo package. We are still waiting on a room assignment. But, we are ready to go!
Did they give you a pick up time? I was told to call about 3 days prior.

They told me to be there around 9 and the bus would be there at 9:30.
Great. I will call and verify with them before I fly out on the 11th. It would be nice if they would send us an email with the official info on it.

To All Fish Extenders

Here's the list as of today. As you know, the close was Aug. 1. I did receive a request via email and that family has been added. Any new requests will go on the Pixie Dust list. One family is still waiting on a room assignment. I'm assured that they are still participating. I'll send it as soon as I have it.

If you'd like, I'll be on deck 4, port side, aft right after the mandatory safety meeting if anyone would like to meet. I do so look forward to spreading the magic with you. Just a little over a month to go. I hope all of you are excited and gathering/making your gifts.

As always, please post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com, if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC as of 080519 - Sheet1.pdf
    29.6 KB · Views: 23
To All Fish Extenders

Here's the list as of today. As you know, the close was Aug. 1. I did receive a request via email and that family has been added. Any new requests will go on the Pixie Dust list. One family is still waiting on a room assignment. I'm assured that they are still participating. I'll send it as soon as I have it.

If you'd like, I'll be on deck 4, port side, aft right after the mandatory safety meeting if anyone would like to meet. I do so look forward to spreading the magic with you. Just a little over a month to go. I hope all of you are excited and gathering/making your gifts.

As always, please post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com, if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for adding us to the list! Can’t wait for the trip and to be a part of the group :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!