Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Hello everyone! Just checking in. It's been a while since I've been on these boards. Real life gets in the way sometimes! We took a 5 day inexpensive cruise out of Jacksonville a few weeks ago. Needless to say, there is definitely a "Disney Difference" that we were missing. It wasn't horrible, and I'd go again, it was just "different". But for $300 each, who can pass that up? Anyway, we did book our airfare last week! We will fly from Charleston, WV to JFK, then JFK to Gatwick. We leave on 9/11 arrive on 9/12. It's on Norwegian Air leaving JFK at 11pm. I think, before taxes, baggage etc, just under $200 each. It was WAY less expensive that what DCL was asking. We will use DCL transfers and hotel in London though. I hope everyone is well and has an amazing holiday season! (if I don't get back here!)

Hello everyone! Just checking in. It's been a while since I've been on these boards. Real life gets in the way sometimes! We took a 5 day inexpensive cruise out of Jacksonville a few weeks ago. Needless to say, there is definitely a "Disney Difference" that we were missing. It wasn't horrible, and I'd go again, it was just "different". But for $300 each, who can pass that up? Anyway, we did book our airfare last week! We will fly from Charleston, WV to JFK, then JFK to Gatwick. We leave on 9/11 arrive on 9/12. It's on Norwegian Air leaving JFK at 11pm. I think, before taxes, baggage etc, just under $200 each. It was WAY less expensive that what DCL was asking. We will use DCL transfers and hotel in London though. I hope everyone is well and has an amazing holiday season! (if I don't get back here!)
WOW! Great price!
Enjoy your great holiday season, too!

My husband and I just booked this cruise, a few weeks ago. We are interested in participating in a fish extender on this cruise. It will be our second TA. Is there a link for the fish extender or whom do we message?
Thanks!

So glad to have you with us. I posted earlier that I'd be glad to gather names for Fish Extender group.

I'm so sorry to take so long to get back to you, just back from the 14 night eastbound Panama Canal and it's taking me a while to get back to normal life.

Anyone interested in joining our Fish Extender group, please post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com. Feel free to give as much information as you care to share. I'll post the list soon, but here's the general outline.

Disboard name, Stateroom #, Adult's name & favorite character, Child's name, age, & favorite character, Special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.)

It's always a lot of fun sharing the pixie dust, especially on an extended cruise. I look forward to sailing with you.

Hello all. New to these boards (lurker though). We are planning on being on this cruise. Our plans right now....fly from Newark, NJ to Rome, Italy. Spend at least 10 days in Italy and then fly from Rome to London. And this is where I am stumped. We do not intend to do any sightseeing in London....we just want to do an overnight and then take Disney transport to Dover for the TA Cruise. The DCL website has a number of hotels they have transport from to the port. Would we be better off at the hotel at Heathrow? I got a little confused from others talking about Gatlin. Have never been across the pond and don't want to make a mistake regarding airports....
Also, when docking in NYC, does Disney have a shuttle that goes to Newark airport? Our plan is to do one of those stay and fly/cruise hotel stays near Newark airport where you stay one night and are allowed to park your car in their lot for free for up to two weeks and minimal charges for additional days...plus they give you a free round trip shuttle to the airport.
Thanks in advance.

Hello all. New to these boards (lurker though). We are planning on being on this cruise. Our plans right now....fly from Newark, NJ to Rome, Italy. Spend at least 10 days in Italy and then fly from Rome to London. And this is where I am stumped. We do not intend to do any sightseeing in London....we just want to do an overnight and then take Disney transport to Dover for the TA Cruise. The DCL website has a number of hotels they have transport from to the port. Would we be better off at the hotel at Heathrow? I got a little confused from others talking about Gatlin. Have never been across the pond and don't want to make a mistake regarding airports....
Also, when docking in NYC, does Disney have a shuttle that goes to Newark airport? Our plan is to do one of those stay and fly/cruise hotel stays near Newark airport where you stay one night and are allowed to park your car in their lot for free for up to two weeks and minimal charges for additional days...plus they give you a free round trip shuttle to the airport.
Thanks in advance.
Hi! The only answer I know is that Disney does not have a shuttle to Newark airport.

Hey everyone! My DH and I are on this cruise. It's our "yeah! we've reached empty nest cruise". We haven't been on a Disney cruise in a while. We moved and were no longer driving distance to Port Canaveral and the prices have gone up sooo much! We are Platinum. Excited. I've always wanted to do a TA cruise. Anyone else here done one? How are the at sea days? Lots of activity or should I plan on lots of reading? Will it be warm enough to be on deck in bathing suits? Excited to be here.

You will love the TA cruise. If you’re up to everything Disney is planning, you don’t need a book or a E-reader, so much to do.
About the bathing suits, you never know, out last TA in 2016 it wasn't much bathing suit weather after Madeira but last year the weather in Europe was hot till mid September.

I agree about having a lot to do on board. I usually have some books, Just in case, but I never finish all of them. I do like to read on my balcony. There is lots to do. I remember some sort of classic movie list, and I enjoyed some of those selections.

We have done two TA, both eastbound, this is our first west bound, do not know about swimming.

Have you been tracking what is happening with Norwegian Air?

Thanks in advance.
We are staying at a hotel at Heathrow and then doing the DCL transfer.

So glad to have you with us. I posted earlier that I'd be glad to gather names for Fish Extender group.

I'm so sorry to take so long to get back to you, just back from the 14 night eastbound Panama Canal and it's taking me a while to get back to normal life.

Anyone interested in joining our Fish Extender group, please post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com. Feel free to give as much information as you care to share. I'll post the list soon, but here's the general outline.

Disboard name, Stateroom #, Adult's name & favorite character, Child's name, age, & favorite character, Special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.)

It's always a lot of fun sharing the pixie dust, especially on an extended cruise. I look forward to sailing with you.
I will email you.

Hello. I am checking to see if you received my email about FE.

Hi! The only answer I know is that Disney does not have a shuttle to Newark airport.

We are staying at a hotel at Heathrow and then doing the DCL transfer.

Thank you both. Will figure out the NYC logistics. And will opt to stay at a hotel at Heathrow...will be flying in from Rome after we do our Italy self-tour. We are collecting summaries from friends that have been there and will be planning our own trip/tours. It will be a learning experience.

I just finally got us booked on this cruise. We are using a placeholder and opted for ocean view instead of veranda. We usually love a veranda but am not too sure about having one in the North Atlantic. Plus the cost was a lot more. Plan on enjoying the Magic itself instead of spending so much time on the veranda anyway. I can sit on a deck chair instead. Hope we don’t regret Oceanview.

Thanks again.

Just got onboard the WBTA group here. Airfare was reasonable so we booked a few weeks ago. Empty nesters from Los Angeles. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I already joined a FE exchange thru another group but if you can send me your final list, maybe some pixie dust will appear! Am I crazy to already (mentally) start my packing and FE gift list? I’m determined to fit everything in one suitcase and carryon. We’re staying next to the Walt and Mickey suites so if anyone here is staying there, hi neighbors!

Hello everyone!
I just book DH and myself on this cruise yesterday! When we step on board, it will be our 16th DCL cruise (we'll be on a Southern this January) and our 5th WBTA. We were on the '07, '10, '14 and '17. I'm excited to be sailing out of somewhere new. We've made some lifelong friends on our previous cruises and am hoping we'll add to our friendships on this trip.

We'd be interested in onboard activities like a fish extender exchange, room tours, a poker run, scavenger hunt or any other fun activities.

Glad to be coming aboard with you all!!

Lisa Marie
Hi,
I'm gathering names for a Fish Extender group. Please send me your stateroom number, names, and one favorite character and I'll update the list.

Always glad to see such seasoned cruisers!

My husband and I just booked this cruise, a few weeks ago. We are interested in participating in a fish extender on this cruise. It will be our second TA. Is there a link for the fish extender or whom do we message?
Thanks!
Hi,
Yes, there is a FE group. Please post here your stateroom number, names, and a favorite character, if you wish. You can also email me at lbolt123@gmail.com.

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. We did the EBPC in November and I have not been checking here as closely as I should.

Hi,
Yes, there is a FE group. Please post here your stateroom number, names, and a favorite character, if you wish. You can also email me at lbolt123@gmail.com.

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. We did the EBPC in November and I have not been checking here as closely as I should.
I sent our information in an email to you about two weeks ago. Resent it again. Let me know if you don't receive it; I'll send it in a pm. Looking forward to this cruise.

I apologize. I don't remember an earlier email. Here's the list.

Attachments

• Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC.pdf
    187.4 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!