Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Nope no noticeable price drop looking at it just a lot of empty rooms

I did the 07 TA too (which was fab). Done mainly TA's since to be fair as they are just such good value cruises.

Typical! Never mind at least it means you get to fingers crossed do 2019!

Woohooo! We're all set on this one!

We are 5 people
2 adults and 3 kids (14, 13, 11 at the time of sailing)

Booked, Gold, WBTA 09/15/2019 cat 7A, 2A $2050 each, $393.74 taxes. No ins. no trans, no OBB.
This will be our third WBTA, we love New York.

A few prices in the last five years:
2014, WBTA 14 nights, $1200 each.
2016, WBTA 11 nights, $1485 each.
2019, WBTA 10 nights, $2050 each.
All catagory 7A.
If you convert the prices into a 10 night cruise, the increase in five years is almost 240%.
Can’t imagine in five years perhaps $5000 each? So one stateroom will be 5 digits!

Booked, Gold, WBTA 09/15/2019 cat 7A, 2A $2050 each, $393.74 taxes. No ins. no trans, no OBB.

All catagory 7A.
If you convert the prices into a 10 night cruise, the increase in five years is almost 240%.
Can’t imagine in five years perhaps $5000 each? So one stateroom will be 5 digits!

I would like to say that's insane but we all keep paying it! LOL!! So does that make us the insane ones??

All catagory 7A.
I know right?! We did the 2016 WBTA too. we booked it cat 9B with OBB and for 2 adults it was around $2400, but for 3 adults it was around $3300 so we decided to make my mom join us.
But this year i think for 2 adults in the same category we'll have to pay around $3400 or so. Oof

We are booked!! Cat 6A, 2 adults, $2100 pp plus $393.74 tax. Looking to re-shop this fall when we are cruising on the Wonder.
Hoping to visit Paris for a week prior to the cruise! Exciting!
And then maybe some baseball in NYC!!!

WooHoo we are officially booked. I got a little nervous this morning when I tried to book and every cabin i clicked on said it was no longer available. Luckily my TA emailed me at 7:15 with a cabin in the category we wanted and I went with it. Not the location we wanted but I figure when the booking chaos dies down maybe we can switch cabins.

Hello!! We were torn between the WBTA and the preceding 7-night British Isles. Booked the BI for myself, DH, and DD yesterday. And then on a whim booked the WBTA for myself and DH this morning! (DD was more interested in the BI itinerary, and can't take that much time away from work anyway). I haven't told DH yet -- 2019 is the year we both turn 60 so I felt something special was in order. Inside stateroom, which we've had on last couple of cruises and suited us fine. We like forward on Deck 6 for proximity to gym/spa/Quiet Cove. We are in an 11B, $1360/pp plus taxes. Hey, we have to get home somehow amiright???

Does anyone know why most (almost all) of the starboard side (Front/MidShip) staterooms show as unavailable online, but when you book through your TA (and they then call DCL), the rooms are actually available and able to be booked?

Does anyone know why most (almost all) of the starboard side (Front/MidShip) staterooms show as unavailable online, but when you book through your TA (and they then call DCL), the rooms are actually available and able to be booked?

I would assume that they allocate set rooms to TA's possibly and those are the starboard ones?? Weird though.

I too went for inside deck 6 and got a lovely sideways cabin so very happy.

We booked! Tom and Bobbi, retired, Platinum from NJ. Want to visit Normandy Beaches and cemeteries before embarkation. If anyone can recommend a tour company that would do that, please mention. Would be OK if it includes Paris.

We booked on Gold day (I work midnights so I never know what the actual day is)!!! So excited for this. When I got the quote, I thought the price wasn't bad considering what we paid for our Alaskan cruise last year. My initial airfare search though made me say no way we could do this, but further looking and found it really isn't that bad if we fly out of NY (we live in Delaware) so have to figure the logistics out though.

OK so I went back through my quote and they were just as scary! This one is about $600 more than 2017 and is less nights! I have got it booked but we shall see if I still with it.

DS was just looking at the postcards from last year's WBTA, gismo!...and we had another giggle over the Transporter Bridge snap. ;)

We have also booked (though, as you say...it's still a "hmm" one). I couldn't resist as Dover is just so easy to get to.

It will be me, DS (11) and - POSSIBLY - DH. He couldn't summon up the courage to come last year...but I'm going to keep working on him! The fact that all the ports are in English-speaking countries DOES appeal to him, lol.

I booked this trip this morning! Cat 7A, room 7128 (never had a navigator's verandah) just me and DH on this trip. we'll be celebrating my birthday and our anniversary. Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next 473 days! Michele and Steve

DS was just looking at the postcards from last year's WBTA, gismo!...and we had another giggle over the Transporter Bridge snap. ;)

We have also booked (though, as you say...it's still a "hmm" one). I couldn't resist as Dover is just so easy to get to.

Ha ha I love it. Glad you enjoyed the "postcard". I keep looking at other options on this one

OK so I've made a decision and its that I wont be joining you guys on this cruise. The price to get to Dover is so high and I found a good price using Virgin Holidays for a Halloween 4 night on the Dream and 7 nights Disney. It means I get to see the Dream as never done it and also that I get to go to Castaway again. I'm sure this is going to be an amazing cruise but I can't justify the costs compared to the deal I've managed to get.

OK so I've made a decision and its that I wont be joining you guys on this cruise. The price to get to Dover is so high and I found a good price using Virgin Holidays for a Halloween 4 night on the Dream and 7 nights Disney. It means I get to see the Dream as never done it and also that I get to go to Castaway again. I'm sure this is going to be an amazing cruise but I can't justify the costs compared to the deal I've managed to get.

Ooh, a Halloween cruise does sound fab. Have a wonderful time! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts