Disney Magic November 10th, 2019 Very MerryTime Cruise

Hi! My name is Amélie and I'll be cruising with my DH and DS. Looking forward to seeing you on board! 😁 This will be our 4th Disney cruise but our last one was several years ago and my memory ain't what it used to be... I have a few questions for you experienced cruisers...

- Does anyone know what night we can expect semi-formal night to be? Trying to figure best night for Palo... would have preferred brunch but that's my bad for waiting too long.

- What about the Broadway style shows? Do we expect them to be on the first three days?

- Also, I can't remember when we can expect our stateroom number to be confirmed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! My name is Amélie and I'll be cruising with my DH and DS. Looking forward to seeing you on board! 😁 This will be our 4th Disney cruise but our last one was several years ago and my memory ain't what it used to be... I have a few questions for you experienced cruisers...

- Does anyone know what night we can expect semi-formal night to be? Trying to figure best night for Palo... would have preferred brunch but that's my bad for waiting too long.

- What about the Broadway style shows? Do we expect them to be on the first three days?

- Also, I can't remember when we can expect our stateroom number to be confirmed?

Thanks in advance!
First let me start with a formal
Welcome aboard sourberry family!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
The optional semi formal is on the second night for the Captains Gala. That is the night I will be wearing my Belle gown and my husband will be wearing his tux all made up to look like Beasts formal attire.
And as for Palo I am guessing you were not able to secure brunch reservation during your online check in. If you still would prefer brunch over dinner, I would suggest going to the switch and reservations area for dining reservations and rotational dining once you board on the 10th. We will receive a special Navigator at check in that will tell us where we can go for dining changes, princess meet and greet tickets, and other things like that once we board. Most of these will say they don't open until 1 or later, but that does not stop people from lining up hoping to get one of the limited tickets or spots held back for embarkation day. So if you don't want to wait in a long line, think about going early. If you want something to eat, there is no rule that the food has to stay on the pool deck or in the dining room have your husband make a food run.
As for everything else, here is a copy of the Navigator for this cruise from last year. They had one more day than we do, but since it was a port of call, everything is basically the same. https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...e-from-new-york-to-san-juan-november-24-2018/
Finally, if you are on a guarantee cabin, from what I have been told, they say at least by the last 30 days. However, I have sailed with people that found out when we got to the port. I know that doesn't help, but at least you know the realistic possibilities.
I hope this helps. I would also suggest to bring you back up to cruise ready speed, take some time to read all 6 pages of this thread. I have given about 33 tips to get you ready for the cruise so far, and I have 9 more to go.
If you have anymore questions, let me know.
Have a great week,
Tink

First let me start with a formal
Welcome aboard sourberry family!
The optional semi formal is on the second night for the Captains Gala. That is the night I will be wearing my Belle gown and my husband will be wearing his tux all made up to look like Beasts formal attire.
And as for Palo I am guessing you were not able to secure brunch reservation during your online check in. If you still would prefer brunch over dinner, I would suggest going to the switch and reservations area for dining reservations and rotational dining once you board on the 10th. We will receive a special Navigator at check in that will tell us where we can go for dining changes, princess meet and greet tickets, and other things like that once we board. Most of these will say they don't open until 1 or later, but that does not stop people from lining up hoping to get one of the limited tickets or spots held back for embarkation day. So if you don't want to wait in a long line, think about going early. If you want something to eat, there is no rule that the food has to stay on the pool deck or in the dining room have your husband make a food run.
As for everything else, here is a copy of the Navigator for this cruise from last year. They had one more day than we do, but since it was a port of call, everything is basically the same. https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...e-from-new-york-to-san-juan-november-24-2018/
Finally, if you are on a guarantee cabin, from what I have been told, they say at least by the last 30 days. However, I have sailed with people that found out when we got to the port. I know that doesn't help, but at least you know the realistic possibilities.
I hope this helps. I would also suggest to bring you back up to cruise ready speed, take some time to read all 6 pages of this thread. I have given about 33 tips to get you ready for the cruise so far, and I have 9 more to go.
If you have anymore questions, let me know.
Have a great week,
Tink

Thank you for your warm greeting and quick reply Tink! I appreciate all your DCL wisdom! I'll be on the lookout for your beautiful costumes on semi-formal night! ✨

Happy Monday everyone!
We only have 9 Mondays until our sail away party!
We are in the Single Digits.

This weeks Forget Me Not's are more of a what to forget type of thing.
I know that some of the items I will be listing today are going to seem like a, "Well that is obvious" kind of thing, but keep in mind that items on this list (and the ones on the complete list I will provide a link to at the bottom of this post) are similar to warning labels on items such as, " Do not use this blow drier while in the bath", "Do not climb on the railings" or even " Do not drink this poison, it may be hazardous to your health". These warnings and guidelines have to be added in print (be it on our cruise contract or the side rails of the boat) because someone out there already tried what we are being warned against. So, all though it may seem common sense to us, (unfortunately) not everyone has common sense. Also, I put in a few that are just down right entertaining (but on the forbidden list just the same).

Items that are not allowed on board:
- No weapons of any kind (shucks, I can not bring my loaded lazer cat.....SNL fans hopefully are laughing)
- Any pet aside from a service animal (see above)
- Realistic looking toy weapons
- Any non prescribed controlled substance (medical marijuana is included in the not allowed list)
-Power tools and tool boxes (I am guessing Bob the Builder has to find new luggage)
- Sporting equipment (this includes snow skis / poles, and fishing gear - you must do all of your deep sea
fishing on excursions only. The excursion operator will provide all of your gear)
- Kites, balloons, and pools (yes, pools are listed as not to bring)
- Wagons
- Bicycle, skate board, or any foot wear with wheels (and I am sure that if Back to the Future had actually
gotten the time frame right for our scientific advancements, hover boards [real Marty McFly ones] would be a no no as well)
- Rice cookers or hot plates (sorry you have to suffer with Disney's wonderful food)
- irons
- candles
- game stations
- Homemade or precooked food
- Personal Fireworks (I think this may have already been covered in weapons. If not, I think it should be
based on how I have seen some people use them)
- Lighting strings (ie: Christmas lights)
- Liquid Oxygen
- Power strips, extension cords, and surge protectors
- Any non-magnetic door decoration (this is a personal add on from me. The reason being, is that I witnessed
a teen decorate her cabin door with duck tape, and her parents were stuck with the steep bill of replacing the
door as a result. Oh and by the way, as an answer to the question of why didn't I stop her, when we were
walking by, the door was already 90% covered.)

A more complete list can be found here.
It also has a list of exceptions to the list with restrictions.

Happy packing!

~Tink~

Thank you for your warm greeting and quick reply Tink! I appreciate all your DCL wisdom! I'll be on the lookout for your beautiful costumes on semi-formal night! ✨
I'll be easy to find. Boarding day, I'll be rolling in with my Donald outfit (maybe under my coat) with my Disney sailor hat and Minnie ears. My wheelchair has a set of Tink wings painted on the back. I'm hard to miss. Plus my hubby usually is dressed to match. I'll see you on board. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Just thought I'd share -
Only 68 days to go!
:mickeyjum :cool1::banana::jumping1::dancer::Pinkbounc:jumping3::stitch::simba::figment::ccat::tigger::sulley::goofy::dumbo::donald::maleficen:jumping2:
:jumping2::maleficen:donald::dumbo::sulley::ccat::simba::stitch::jumping3::Pinkbounc:dancer::jumping1::banana::cool1::mickeyjum:goofy::tigger::figment:
:mickeyjum:cool1::banana::jumping1::dancer::Pinkbounc:jumping3::stitch::simba::figment::ccat::tigger::sulley::goofy:
68 bouncing characters on the wall.

Last edited:
We are joining the group and cant wait to sail on the Magic. This is our 5th Disney Cruise. We cruise all the time, but Disney is our absolute favorite. We are celebrating our DD birthday this cruise.
We booked a GT cabin just a few days ago and got a great price. Heading down to the World in a few weeks to celebrate Halloween. Again, we LOVE Disney.

Arriving a day early in NYC and hoping to take the city on. Spending a day in San Juan afterwards hoping to catch sun and warm weather, prior to heading back north for the cold winter.

Any suggestions on hotels in NYC near time square? The one we typically stay in has no availability :(.

How about San Juan? I have reserved the Courtyard Isle Verde Beach, but can change if there is a better suggestion. We have been to San Juan many times, we like old town and also would like a beach.

Can't wait to hop aboard!!!!

We are joining the group and cant wait to sail on the Magic. This is our 5th Disney Cruise. We cruise all the time, but Disney is our absolute favorite. We are celebrating our DD birthday this cruise.
We booked a GT cabin just a few days ago and got a great price. Heading down to the World in a few weeks to celebrate Halloween. Again, we LOVE Disney.

Arriving a day early in NYC and hoping to take the city on. Spending a day in San Juan afterwards hoping to catch sun and warm weather, prior to heading back north for the cold winter.

Any suggestions on hotels in NYC near time square? The one we typically stay in has no availability :(.

How about San Juan? I have reserved the Courtyard Isle Verde Beach, but can change if there is a better suggestion. We have been to San Juan many times, we like old town and also would like a beach.

Can't wait to hop aboard!!!!
Welcome Aboard coldinerie!
We are staying at the Wolcott Hotel, West 31st Street, New York, NY. It is not far from all the action.
And a hotel we loved in Old San Juan if you want to give that area of town a try is Da House. The staff treated us like family and, the hotel itself was a cute little boutique style hotel with a pool on the roof that gives you a view of all of Old San Juan and the port.
Have fun at the worlds and we look forward to meeting you soon.
~Tink ~

Happy Monday everyone!!!

We are down to only 8 Mondays until our cruise. Who's packed?

Well, whether you are or aren't, the boat keeps getting closer, so we need to keep preparing ourselves.

In the effort to do so, this weeks Forget Me Not is Your Appetite!

🍰 popcorn:::mickeybar

As with most cruises, food is in abundance aboard the Magic, but this is Disney, so you know that there won't only be a lot of it, you know it will be good!

The eating starts as soon as you get on board. You have your choice of venues for your first vacation meal (and whether you have eaten already on that day, or on your journey to the boat, this is still your first vacation meal. What is so great about a vacation meals? No Calories of course!!!!!). A majority of the cruisers will head up to Cabana's for their first taste of Disney (which will be open from the time we board until about 3 PM). While up on the pool deck (not far from the Buffet), you will find Pinocchio's Pizzeria, Duck-In Diner and Daisy's De-Lites - where you will find just about anything you are looking for from healthy fast food choice with things like paninies, salads, and fruit to traditional comfort foods like hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, chicken, and pizza. If you save room for desserts, you will be able to find your frozen treats at Eye Scream! and probably some warm chocolate chip cookies (when put together make a yummy treat)!!

Your final option at this time is a sit down meal in one of the main dining rooms. I am not sure which one, but it will be listed on the Navigator you are given at check in, or you can ask any cast member.

You are going to want to give your body a chance to digest that lunch and go out and exploring the ship before dinner, because that is where we will get a grand 3 course meal (well not including the breads). No matter where you are assigned for dinner the first night, rest assured you will get a tummy full. And by the way, here are a few dining room tips: if you see more than one thing you are interested in, don't be afraid to ask to try both (but be warned you will get a full helping of each, and every waiter we have ever had was clearly raised in a 'clear your plate' type household); and, if you have an allergy that you have not previously notified Disney about, don't worry, you still can notify your server or the Matre de (another warning though. If your allergy is one that you can take medicine for, such as a dairy allergy, and you still want to have that food item, do not alert them about this allergy [for example, I am allergic to lactose and dairy solids, but I love ice cream and chocolate. Thankfully, I have medicine that I can take that allows me to have as much as I want of each of those unlike my fish oil allergy that makes any great surf and turf options a no go]). They will not let you order anything with that food item in it. On the other hand, if you can not take medicine for it, please do notify them straight away. I would also recommend asking to speak with the head chef in the Buffet, and Palo (if applicable).

If you haven't figured out where to go for dinner, Disney has a unique diner service plan. They have 3 main dining rooms, and you will get to eat in all 3 throughout you time on the boat (some more than once). How will you know which ones and when? On your Key to the World Card, you have a set of letters that denote the order of your dinner rotation. Before I can explain that however, I need to let you know the names of the dining rooms. First, you have Animator's Palate which is a showcase of characters and scenes from Disney and Disney Pixar films. Then there's Lumiere's named after the French candelabra from Disney's classic Beauty and the Beast. And finally Carioca's, named after Donald Duck's amigo in Disney's The Three Caballeros. So, when you find a letter combinations such as LAC it would stand for - Lumiere's, Animator's, Carioca's. Starting your rotation in Lumiere's.

The next morning will bring around more dining options (which will be repeated on all except for 2 of the remaining days). For breakfast, you can choose from room service (no charge, but tips are recommended), formal dining room, or buffet. Your Navigator will tell you the operating hours for each option. Then for lunch, all 3 of those options are available again, plus the 3 offerings up on the pool deck, and the Quiet Cove Cafe. Palo is offering brunch if you can get a reservation.

Then for dinner, we again are back to our rotational dining. You can also dine at the buffet, room service, pool deck, or Palo for dinner.

The only 2 days that will be different, will be Pirate Night and debarkation day. On Pirate Night, a late night buffet is added in up on the pool deck after the Pirate Deck Party at about 10:30. The other difference is our last morning on board (which we only have the option of formal dining room for breakfast- which will be in the same dining room you ate at the night before).

The best comparison that I can give to the dining experience that one may experience on a Disney cruise would be a dining day in the life of a Hobbit, who is used to Early Breakfast, and Breakfast, Early morning snack, second breakfast, mid morning snack, early brunch......you get the idea..... you will be fine. However, if you are not, you may want to pace yourself. I was once told a typical cruiser gains 5 pounds a day on a cruise. I have yet to experience that, but I can see how it would be possible - if any of the vacation food had calories!!!!!
But just to be safe they have installed 3 main sets of stairs - Forward, Aft, and Midship - I have been told if you stick to the stairs it helps with the calories that sneak through!

Have a great week.

~Tink~ Happy Monday everyone!!!20170124_205656.jpgpalo food13 (2).jpg

Hi everyone! My husband, and I along w/our son and daughter (5 and 3yo) will be cruising for the first time in November! Super excited and so thankful to have found this forum. There are so many amazing tips, i've had a blast scrolling through and learning so much already!

Two super quick things:
1. Soy milk on board?

my kiddos have allergies and drink soy milk- im happy to bring some on board w/us but curious if anyone knows if soy milk is offered on the ship. if so, i'll save the luggage space for other things!
2. Fish Extender
I'm curious about the whole Fish Extender idea and want to learn more- There are sooo many blog posts about it- curious if someone has a favorite disney cruise blog or cheat sheet or first hand experience w/some info about it they could share. Thanks so much in advance! :o)

Hi everyone! My husband, and I along w/our son and daughter (5 and 3yo) will be cruising for the first time in November! Super excited and so thankful to have found this forum. There are so many amazing tips, i've had a blast scrolling through and learning so much already!

Two super quick things:
1. Soy milk on board?

my kiddos have allergies and drink soy milk- im happy to bring some on board w/us but curious if anyone knows if soy milk is offered on the ship. if so, i'll save the luggage space for other things!
2. Fish Extender
I'm curious about the whole Fish Extender idea and want to learn more- There are sooo many blog posts about it- curious if someone has a favorite disney cruise blog or cheat sheet or first hand experience w/some info about it they could share. Thanks so much in advance! :o)
I am sorry for the delayed response. I have been out of town at a business training with my husband. I am on my way home right now and trying to type on my phone as he drives. That doesn't make it to easy for finding and adding the links I want to share. So when I get home, I promise a complete answer.
~Tink ~

Two super quick things:
1. Soy milk on board?

2. Fish Extender
As for the Soy Milk, that is not a normal item Disney would have, but you can reach out and request it. The time line for request is 3 months, so you would need to do that licety split. If they can not help, they typically will allow you to bring it with you.

As for the Fish Extender, I have a longer answer that I would like to type up that goes into good detail. To start however, let me share a YouTube video I made on the subject. You have to forgive the quality, and my emotion. It was one of my first videos, so I was still figuring things out such as lighting, and as for emotion, there are parts that I had to refilm several times because of things with in the FE community that have triggered such a response. I am sorry in advance for not being able to get through a filming without expressing it.

Go ahead and watch this, and then I will have a post filled with all of the excitement and ins and outs of doing and FE.

~Tink~

As I was looking for inspiration from previous answers to this question, I cam across 3 different ways that I had answered it, and I liked them all. So, here is a copy of all three. If I confused you more I am sorry. If I left you with more questions, please let me know, but I hope this helps.

-When planning and organizing an FE, this is the question / concern I hear the most. And I will be completely honest. I have experienced 1 or 2 negative nilly's who judge others based on how much they gave, spent, or effort they put in to the FE's, but in my opinion, those individuals lost sight of what the FE is all about. Taking part in an FE exchange (at least in my mind and heart) is the opportunity to be a part of the magic of Disney, and helping make someone's trip (usually a little one's) unforgettable. The opportunity to return to your cabin at some point during the cruise, and see that someone thought of you, and left a little bit of pixie dust behind for you is a feeling that is as close to Christmas morning as you can get (for adults and kids). And, as I have interpreted the FE exchange, the most important recipients are the kiddos because we all know that if our kids are happy, so are we. That is not to say that the adults don't matter. We do. We are the one's that are still kids at heart. And the actual kids, and the kids at heart, will be so excited to see something in their FE, that they really will not be focusing on how much they are getting.
So, no stress allowed! Just have fun!
-On our first FE experience, I had the same question. The person I turned told me to think of it as a Secret Santa, and left it at that. Still curious about all of the ins and outs, I began researching it. What I came up with was that the views / ideas for participating in an FE were as different as comparing the culture of the US to say that of Zimbabwe. As a result, I have come up with my own version of explanation.

Let me start by giving you examples of what others have done in the past, and what I have heard people are planning for this trip.
There are people who are planning / have planned to give 1 gift per cabin (thus they will / would be delivering it 1 time during the cruise), others who are giving 1 gift for the adults and then 1 gift for each kid (distributed through out the cruise), some are planning to give a cabin gift, and then 1 gift per person (adult and kids - to be delivered through out the cruise), and finally some that are planning a variety of gifts, one for each day.

Now, I know as you were reading that, you were probably thinking about how little time is actually left, and how you could do that much. That was not my intent. I just want to point out that the gift giving can be as varied and personalize as each individual (which goes along with my belief that everyone is their own individual. How boring would life be if we were all the same). So, what does this mean for you (and your family). First, you will need something to hang on the fish outside your cabin door (it does not have to be an official Fish Extender...It can be a bag, a stocking, or any other item you can collect gifts in), then I would suggest since your family makes up a good size fraction of the group, that each cabin creates / picks what it is going to give with out sharing the information with each other, then, choose what ever gift giving plan will fit best with your prep time, and leaves you the amount of time on the cruise that you want, to still be able to enjoy everything else. With 11 to 13 cabins, you can expect to spend 30 minutes to deliver 1 set of gifts (or make one round of deliveries). Once you have all that in mind, then figure out what gift/gifts will work best for you. You can hand craft a gift, but that is not required. You can also buy ready made items (something as small as items from the $1 store, to items you find on Etsy). The key, and most important part of the FE, is to add to the enjoyment of your cruise, not to add stress.

One final thought, just a suggestion actually. Our family likes to choose a theme around what type of gifts we will give. Such as a pirate theme, or a holiday theme, etc.

-As for gift giving, that is totally up to you. Things to consider when making that decision: how much space will you have in your luggage, what do you want to budget for the FE'S, and how much time do you want to spend delivering (with a group of 10 cabins, you can expect to spend about 15 minutes delivering each time ).
Different views I have heard through out our experience with FE'S include the following possibilities.
Some families choose to make / deliver 1 gift per family / cabin. They usually make something that the whole family will enjoy, or make something for the adults, and something for the kids, and deliver them at one time.
Others will choose to make family gifts, adult gifts and kid gifts. Then they spread out the delivery.
And still others plan gifts for every day.
Personally, we are planning a boarding day gift, a pirate day gift, and then about 3 other days worth of gifts. Keeping in mind that we all have to fly home after the cruise, all of our gifts will be compact, and most will be either consumable or very easily packed away.
I know I didn't directly answer your question, but I hope I helped. If not please don't be afraid to let me know, and I will try again.

If you have any more questions (such as history or something like that) just let me know. Or if you want me to add you to the list. Other than that I am glad to have you on board, and being out of sorts with our business trip I did forget a proper
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

~Tink~

Happy Monday Everyone!!! I can't believe we are down to only 7 Mondays!!!
With the trip drawing near, everyone should be thinking about packing soon. So, a good idea for today's Forget Me Not would be packing a boarding day bag.

If you have been searching the web to help you prepare for your cruise, I am sure you have seen someones (or a lot of someones) carry on bag list. So, the idea of a carry on bag probably is not a new idea to you. Even if that is true, I still wanted to remind everyone of a couple things because there are a few Very Important packing must knows for day 1.

Unfortunately, I do not know what the weather has in store for us on embarkation day. So, plan to be prepared. You will want to dress in layers in case of a chilly morning that burns off to become a beautiful afternoon. And, if your swimsuit is not one of your layers, and you are brave enough to take the plunge on the AquaDunk over the Hudson on a New York November afternoon, plan to pack it in your carry on bags along with some sunscreen! You don't need to worry about the towels, Disney has you covered. If you have your favorite monogrammed Disney beach towel, toss it into your checked bag to save you some room in the carry on.

There is a possibility that you will be eating a few meals before you see your bags again...that is considering the Hobbit meal plan I talked about in the appetite reminder. There also is a chance that you will not receive your bags prior to dinner, so toss what ever you will need for the first nights dinner in your carry on as well. Cabins with early dining, or those whose bags end up in the naughty room would be the ones most likely to encounter this. Our first nights dinner will be cruise casual (no shorts, swimsuits, flip flops, or tank tops please).

Speaking of the naughty room, items that would be best kept in your carry on instead of your checked bags would be questionable liquids...for example those that may be used to conceal prohibited alcohol. You are allowed one 6 pack of beer, or 2 bottles of wine per adult over the age of 21, and if you are bringing those items on board, you must carry them in your carry on bags. If you're interested in finding out what the naughty room looks like, you can ask for a tour instead of taking the risk. All of your fellow travelers would encourage you to place items like that or anything else that could break open and stain clothes in your carry on for safe gentle handling.

You are also going to want to make room for any valuables (such as jewelry or those top shelf top dollar FE's :rotfl2:) and all your medications (including a small first aid kit - bandaids, antiseptic wipes, cough drops, ginger gum or candies, and so on.
While I am thinking of a first aid kit, if you, or any family member, are prone to sea sickness, make sure to have what ever remedy you plan to use with you in your carry on bags. My son is especially susceptible, and begins to feel bad before we even set sail if he does not have his sea bands on.

Your are not going to want to forget to have your mobile device handy as well. First so that you can make sure to turn it on airplane mode to avoid any hefty charges, and second so that you can connect with family and friends with Disneys free app. Oh and unless you are bringing a camera, you will want to be able to start documenting your vacation and posting pics (before airplane mode of course) to make all your friends at home jealous!!!!

Ok, we have our changes of clothes, we have our sun screen and meds, we remembered our wine / beer, your appitite, and your phones or tablets, so what am I forgetting?????

Oh, I am forgetting the most important things, your family. I know they can't fit in your carry on bags, but all of their ID and boarding documents can. Even if you forget everything else, remember to keep all of your travel documents (printed cruise contract, passports, drivers license, and/or birth certificates) in your carry on bags. You will not be able to check-in or board the ship with out them. And I would think it would go with out saying that if you have your ID, you have your wallet, but I don't want you to forget anything. So, remember your wallet, and have a few singles in there to tip the porters when they take your bags.

That is it for this week. Happy planning, Happy packing!

Bonus this week - My first ever YouTube Video was about the Bare Necessities that you need to pack for a cruise. It cover pretty
much the same things as a carry on. Check it out HERE and don't forget to keep in mind that it was my first
video ever!

~Tink~

Hi friends! Hopping in. REALLY considering booking this cruise last-minute (which is totally against my personality - I'm a Type A planner) because of the great OGT deal. I'd be dragging along a willing DH and two DD - one 3.5, and one just-turned-1. Do you all think it's worth it? Is everything so booked up (Palo, excursions, etc.) that it wouldn't be worth it? Am I crazy for even dreaming about it?

Mousefan88, we did the same thing a few weeks ago. I have never seen a DC as expensive as this one. Booked at GTY inside. I had been watching the price for a few months, but when I saw this price a few weeks ago, booked on the spot. I am going to DW in 2 weeks for 3 days, paying MORE for 3 days in the world and I am staying in a value resort, basic food plan.

Unfortunately, Palo is booked and looks like the princess meetings are too. I understand if you get on board early, you can see what you can wrangle once on board. Hope you decide to come aboard, I don't think you will see DC this inexpensive again.

Hi friends! Hopping in. REALLY considering booking this cruise last-minute (which is totally against my personality - I'm a Type A planner) because of the great OGT deal. I'd be dragging along a willing DH and two DD - one 3.5, and one just-turned-1. Do you all think it's worth it? Is everything so booked up (Palo, excursions, etc.) that it wouldn't be worth it? Am I crazy for even dreaming about it?
Howdy MouseFan88,
Up until the cabins went on sale for the great prices, the boat was only about half full. So when we were all doing our online check ins, port arrivals and such where still early and princess tickets were still available. In the last two weeks, there have been a flood of people joining. I last heard that early dining was still available (which if you wanted that and couldn't get it now you most certainly would be able to make that adjustment on embarkation day with the dining concierge team), I have heard that Palo Brunch was out, but everyone is being limited to only one reservation, so I would believe they are holding those back for people to be able to book once on board, and I have not heard anything about Palo dinner being out. Those that are wanting Princess and Frozen tickets are being told that they can get them once on board, because a, Small, amount have been set aside for those that were unable to reserve them ahead of time. If you are not able to get tickets for these events, that does not mean that you will not get to see the princesses. They will still be out throughout the cruise, you would just have to watch the Navigator to know when and where. As far as excursions, everyone is still talking about them and looking for suggestions. I have not heard anyone say that they had wanted to do something and it was sold out.
I think as far as the cruise goes, it is a great deal. What I would make sure to look at before booking is flights and stays before the cruise in to New York, and then the after cruise. Are you going to fly out that day (check on flights - especially times) or are you going to stay a night (check and see about hotels). If the before and after is doable, than the things you're asking about can typically be taken care of once you board on the first day. They purposely hold some back for those that were not able to get them ahead of time.
I hope that helps.
~Tink~

Unfortunately, Palo is booked and looks like the princess meetings are too. I understand if you get on board early, you can see what you can wrangle once on board. Hope you decide to come aboard, I don't think you will see DC this inexpensive again.
Coldinerie were you trying to book a Palo Brunch or Dinner?
Everyone was being limited to one Brunch reservation and one Dinner reservation. So, there should still be some space available, even if it isn't at an ideal time. When you get on board. they will have a location for the dining concierge for those that want to make changes to their dining to go and take care of this. Typically they do not start until 1, but people will line up ahead of time. I know you will want to eat once on board, so the best game plan is to have on person get in line and the other go get food and bring it back down. The closer to the front of the line you are the better chance you have to getting what you want. Another suggestion is if you know someone who already has reservation and they would not mind having you added to their table, you can join their reservation even when there are no reservations left.
~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!