Disney Magic May 9th to 22nd, 2021 Eastbound Transatlantic

LySand

Mouseketeer
Welcome Aboard!
I'm starting a thread so we have a place to gather and share our excitement, ideas, experience, tips and plans!
I know it's early and there's a lot going on in our world right now but I think it's a good idea to plan something positive to look forward to!

We are from Ontario, Canada. It will be my husband and myself. We love cruising DCL and have done a transatlantic cruise with Disney before. I'm looking forward to spending some time in Barcelona after the cruise. It looks like an amazing city.
Lynn

We haven't officially jumped ship (yet) but are scheduled on this years TA leaving on May 11th. It ain't happening and we know it. But, I'm waiting for DCL to cancel and I'll take the 125% SBC which I will move to this cruise. We sail with our best friends so there will be four of us (maybe 5 depending on work). I'm happy that this TA has more ports so that's actually a plus for me.

Hi everyone! Myself and my two sons will be joining you all on this wonderful trip. We have a b2b scheduled as well. It should be a wonderful new beginning for us all! I started planning for it when the booking opened up but with the covid-19 I sort of paused just a bit. It's refreshing too see so many going & who is excited again! I'll soon pick up the pieces, as we all do, and begin to plan again. We were on the EBTA in 2019 and stayed a week in Barcelona afterwards. I can't say enough about Barcelona!!! Traveled different places but next to Athens, it is one of my favorite, "feels like home" cities. We can't wait!

Welcome aboard Toulou!
It's more than a year away but still exciting!
I'm hoping to spend a week post cruise in Barcelona. We were only there for one night before embarking on a wbta cruise and I've wanted to go back since then.
Maybe I can pick your brain re Barcelona! 🤔😁

I know how disappointing a cancelled cruise is.
We were booked on RCCL Oasis the Seas last May when a crane toppled on it and our transatlantic cruise was cancelled!
We scrambled to find a replacement and crossed the ocean with Holland America.
It all worked out and we sailed our same travel dates.
Cruising is a great way to cross the ocean!

we have moved our reservation from Panama Canal 2020 to this cruise for fear of Winter uptick of Covad-19 -- welcome aboard - we are thrilled over the AT SEA DAYS right off the bat as we are hoping to spend 2 days at WDW 1st so we can relax off the bat. We took a DCL Barcelona-based cruise in the past and loved the city

Did the TA in 2019. Booked for 2021. Room 7018. When we get off in Barcelona, we are going to travel through France, Italy and make our way to Switzerland. It's going to be a great trip!

Did the TA in 2019. Booked for 2021. Room 7018. When we get off in Barcelona, we are going to travel through France, Italy and make our way to Switzerland. It's going to be a great trip!
I am very jealous over the extended trip after the cruise - the wife and I will spend a day or two in Barcelona (we took a Disney Cruise in/out of there in 2018)

We were on the May 23rd 7-night Mediterranean. It was our 25th anniversary trip and, like so many others, was canceled because of COVID-19. We rebooked on this one! My husband Curt and I will be in 6082. Looking forward to it!

After the cruise, we’re planning on spending a few days in Barcelona and then going to Paris. I’m considering taking the Eurostar to the U.K. as well, but it might be too much for me to plan. We’ll see. God knows I’ve got plenty of time!

We were on the May 23rd 7-night Mediterranean. It was our 25th anniversary trip and, like so many others, was canceled because of COVID-19. We rebooked on this one! My husband Curt and I will be in 6082. Looking forward to it!

After the cruise, we’re planning on spending a few days in Barcelona and then going to Paris. I’m considering taking the Eurostar to the U.K. as well, but it might be too much for me to plan. We’ll see. God knows I’ve got plenty of time!
welcome to the cruise - we are in 6510 and are very excited - since we took a previous DCL out of Barcelona we are going to disembark and potentially jump on a train to Madrid for a day or two

We are booked on this cruise. We will be arriving in Miami a day or 2 before departure. Anyone have suggestions on places to stay? We don't have to be on the beach, but would like good accomodations and at a good price. It does not need to by 5 star, but also not a rundown place. Thanks in advance.

We are booked on this cruise. We will be arriving in Miami a day or 2 before departure. Anyone have suggestions on places to stay? We don't have to be on the beach, but would like good accomodations and at a good price. It does not need to by 5 star, but also not a rundown place. Thanks in advance.
I was very much looking forward to our stay at the Abae hotel on Miami Beach this year. They're not a chain though, so I don't know if they'll survive for next year..

Hello, Sorry I don't have a hotel suggestion, I will be looking for a Miami hotel as well, not much exposure to this part of Florida in the past. My husband and I are booked on this cruise with our now 17 year old daughter. She is worried about being in that 18-20ish age group, with no teen club and no sibling. We have read about the 1821 club but that seems very dependent on who else is on the cruise. Will your daughters be joining you on this cruise?

Hello, Sorry I don't have a hotel suggestion, I will be looking for a Miami hotel as well, not much exposure to this part of Florida in the past. My husband and I are booked on this cruise with our now 17 year old daughter. She is worried about being in that 18-20ish age group, with no teen club and no sibling. We have read about the 1821 club but that seems very dependent on who else is on the cruise. Will your daughters be joining you on this cruise?
I was part of the 1820 group on my last transatlantic cruise and there were over 40 people in the group! I heard from others that the transatlantic often has the largest amount of people out of all the cruises participate. I'm confidant that your daughter will find lots of people her age to hang out with! I'll be 23 on this cruise and am very sad that I can't be in the 1820 group anymore, I really liked it a lot.

Thank you so much for this feedback! I've shared this with my daughter and she feels better. It does make sense that this cruise will have more kids who have finished school for the year by May (college/university age). And hey, it's a Disney cruise....like you won't have fun? :):)

345 days and counting - this is the longest I have ever had DCL reservations and counting down - I am praying that the world is in a better place and this cruise goes off without a hitch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!