Disney Magic Kingdoms

Ha, I was looking at my consecutive days (531) the other day and was trying to remember when they turned this feature on that showed this?
I think it had always been there (or at least added quite some time ago). I just never bothered looking at it before.

According to their site: "Create the Disney Park of your dreams in the most magical place on mobile!" :rotfl2: I'll think about that as I continue to toss my decorations, remove attractions and concessions, and move everything left around in an effort to conserve space.

Your making the exact point that I have made on more than one occasion. That said, others (see below) will argue that this point is wrong.

The point that everyone who incessantly whines about space and "why aren't we getting more land with this update" forgets is that the basic idea of the game has never changed. It is still very much a "build your own theme park" premise. Disneyland also bills itself as the most magically place on earth and they too are out of space. Building your own theme park doesn't mean packing every piece of crap in your inventory into your park. No Disney theme park has "every" attraction in it. Not one. And at some point way (way) in the future, every plot of land will be open, and then what? The game ends because we have no where to add new buildings? Truthfully, just put your Incredibles, Wall-E, Peter Pan, Bambi, and Alice in Wonderland attractions away. We don't need them right now. At this point, three years later, I really don't care what my park looks like. I open the game, clear what I have to, and close up the game. I don't scroll through my park to admire my handiwork. I have no reason to keep the game open any longer than I have to.

Well we can both agree to disagree on this point!

While I understand and agree with parts of what you are saying, I think your are vastly understating and misrepresenting others. Do we need to have all attractions / stands / attractions out at all times? Of course not. That said, I think us whiners, have a valid argument that they should at-least open up enough land to accommodate what ever attractions (not stands or decorations) are added. That Design your own Park aspect WAS a bigger aspect of the game when it first came out. I’d say for close to the first 2 years, while we might not have had enough land for EVERYTHING decorations and stands, we almost always had more than enough land for the attractions. That has obviously changed over the last year to year and a half. Now that doesn’t mean that things can’t or didn’t change, they obviously have. Maybe not as much as I think, but at the same time more than you think.

As far as your point about land, come on @supernova, you really don’t buy that 🤬 do you?
Are you really saying that the two large land expansion, the BTMRR expansion, which I believe, came out close to two years ago were both intended to have more than half of that land still locked 2 years later? I think there are still 12(?) plots of land unopened. And don’t even get me started on their incompetent rational on how they’ve opened that land over that time,:rotfl: Obviously things have changed and after three years things obviously would and should, but whether that it was game focus, resource issues, or something else, the focus and other aspects of this game have changed.

Your making the exact point that I have made on more than one occasion. That said, others (see below) will argue that this point is wrong.

Well we can both agree to disagree on this point!

While I understand and agree with parts of what you are saying, I think your are vastly understating and misrepresenting others. Do we need to have all attractions / stands / attractions out at all times? Of course not. That said, I think us whiners, have a valid argument that they should at-least open up enough land to accommodate what ever attractions (not stands or decorations) are added. That Design your own Park aspect WAS a bigger aspect of the game when it first came out. I’d say for close to the first 2 years, while we might not have had enough land for EVERYTHING decorations and stands, we almost always had more than enough land for the attractions. That has obviously changed over the last year to year and a half. Now that doesn’t mean that things can’t or didn’t change, they obviously have. Maybe not as much as I think, but at the same time more than you think.

As far as your point about land, come on @supernova, you really don’t buy that 🤬 do you?
Are you really saying that the two large land expansion, the BTMRR expansion, which I believe, came out close to two years ago were both intended to have more than half of that land still locked 2 years later? I think there are still 12(?) plots of land unopened. And don’t even get me started on their incompetent rational on how they’ve opened that land over that time,:rotfl: Obviously things have changed and after three years things obviously would and should, but whether that it was game focus, resource issues, or something else, the focus and other aspects of this game have changed.
I personally don't mind the lack of land. I don't need all of my buildings out. Never saw either Wreck it Ralph film, so do I really need to have Buzztube or the Internet in my park? Of course not. I don't even need any of the Princess and the Frog buildings either right now. Put all of that junk away and I'd have a more spacious layout for my park. But at the end of the day, layout has zero impact on the game. Never did. Even back in the day when we were asked to build two lanterns as one of the tasks early on. I don't bother stressing over space or park layout. But then for me, the game was never really about that. that hasn't changed.

Overall, it's obviously not just you feeling the crunch of the minimal land available for our parks. But I don't see a point of complaining about it release after release after release. Nothing is going to change, so what's the point? Just play the game as we're given and make the most of it. Having to deal with things this way makes it more realistic anyway. EPCOT, for all of the space there, is razing buildings to add new attractions. Good by Horizons, hello Test Track. Energy has to go away to allow for Guardians. Hollywood Studios got rid of the entire back of the park to allow for Star Wars, and gave up Costuming offices to allow for Toy Story Land. Out with the old, in with the new. Pack away Ariel's Grotto to fit the new Ducktales Money building.

Last edited:
Quick check of the status of my characters, since it has been a while for me. Here is who I have left:

Sina - 10 (done)
Moana - 10 (done)
Maui - ready for 10
Hei Hei - 7
Tui - 10
Tala - ready for 10
Pua - ready for 10

Sultan - 10 (done)
Rajah - leveling to 6 now

Duck - ready for 8
Bunny - ready for 7

Hewey - ready for 2
Dewey - ready for 2
(keeping both of these guys maxed out until I welcome Louie to prevent possible overlap of tokens)

Ed - ready for 3
Shenzi - have all 25 skull tokens, so I'll spend the next few days collecting coins towards round 2
Bonzai - have all 15 skull tokens, but obviously missing the other five purple ear hats for now

Last edited:

I personally don't mind the lack of land. I don't need all of my buildings out. Never saw either Wreck it Ralph film, so do I really need to have Buzztube or the Internet in my park? Of course not. I don't even need any of the Princess and the Frog buildings either right now. Put all of that junk away and I'd have a more spacious layout for my park. But at the end of the day, layout has zero impact on the game. Never did. Even back in the day when we were asked to build two lanterns as one of the tasks early on. I don't bother stressing over space or park layout. But then for me, the game was never really about that. that hasn't changed.

Overall, it's obviously not just you feeling the crunch of the minimal land available for our parks. But I don't see a point of complaining about it release after release after release. Nothing is going to change, so what's the point? Just play the game as we're given and make the most of it. Having to deal with things this way makes it more realistic anyway. EPCOT, for all of the space there, is razing buildings to add new attractions. Good by Horizons, hello Test Track. Energy has to go away to allow for Guardians. Hollywood Studios got rid of the entire back of the park to allow for Star Wars, and gave up Costuming offices to allow for Toy Story Land. Out with the old, in with the new. Pack away Ariel's Grotto to fit the new Ducktales Money building.

And I think it’s great that the attractions are not an issue to you and you don’t mind not having all your buildings out. For me personally, I really don’t give a 🤬 about layout anymore. The interns sucked any enjoyment I may have gone not out of it long ago. At the same time, I also think it’s a valid talking point and argument that people want be able to “create their park” more the way they want to and change it up. As far as at the end of the day layout having zero impact on the game, that’s 🤬 . While you are correct it may not have a literal impact on the game, the ability to do so does have an impact on some players.

Again, much of my issue, and this is something we’ve debated about in the past, is the 2 large land expansions they did. If they had never done them, my points of argument would be much weaker. But the question is, why did they ever do them in the first place if they were not intending to open them. I don’t believe for a second that they made those two expansions with the idea that they wouldn’t open them for years and only open a plot of land every 4 or 5 months like they do now. Obviously something has changed since they added them.

And I think it’s great that the attractions are not an issue to you and you don’t mind not having all your buildings out. For me personally, I really don’t give a 🤬 about layout anymore. The interns sucked any enjoyment I may have gone not out of it long ago. At the same time, I also think it’s a valid talking point and argument that people want be able to “create their park” more the way they want to and change it up. As far as at the end of the day layout having zero impact on the game, that’s 🤬 . While you are correct it may not have a literal impact on the game, the ability to do so does have an impact on some players.
Exactly, but again, "creating their park" doesn't necessarily have to mean packing as much sh*t into a small space of land. If I really cared about what my park looked like it, I would eliminate most of my buildings to allow for space between attractions, with room to move around. As it is, I'm using the moving tool to get things as close to each other as possible. In reality, most attractions in Disney theme parks aren't placed in the middle of walkways, but along the perimeter. Imagine if they tried to construct a park with more of a carnival layout wit attractions placed around they did with the Mad Tea Party, Dumbo or the Flying Carpets? Because that's what they have us doing with the game.

Exactly, but again, "creating their park" doesn't necessarily have to mean packing as much sh*t into a small space of land. If I really cared about what my park looked like it, I would eliminate most of my buildings to allow for space between attractions, with room to move around. As it is, I'm using the moving tool to get things as close to each other as possible. In reality, most attractions in Disney theme parks aren't placed in the middle of walkways, but along the perimeter. Imagine if they tried to construct a park with more of a carnival layout wit attractions placed around they did with the Mad Tea Party, Dumbo or the Flying Carpets? Because that's what they have us doing with the game.

On that aspect I’m not disagreeing with you. Like we’ve both said, the “Build your own Magical Park!”, whether it ever existed or not, died a long time ago. I think we’re both are agreeing with each other more than it may look. I just took exception when you call players who enjoy or want to design their park whiners, because the game makes it less and less possible. Players like to, or want to, play this game differently.

I think we would probably both agree that things like decorations and to a lesser degree stands are worthless. The fact that they added Merlin’s Couldron, proved that by allowing us to make a worthless item have some value (elixir). Obviously they won’t remove them though since they suck to much money out of people with them.

I’ve got over 1,000 gems (I don’t pay a single penny, just haven’t used them on anything since Moana). Not going to buy Ed bc they all look alike and I don’t care even though I love this movie. They also really rigged this TC by not having the featured character available to buy with EC. I don’t have Frozone or half of the other Incredibles so I’m screwed when I run out of hot cocoa. At least in the past I could just keep running the one character for a few EC until the next day. I’ve also been super busy at work and some days have no time to check on the game. I doubt I can finish this, although I’ll at least try to get Banzai.

Man, we were all complaining about the blatant money grabbing before, and now they just made it worse. I play this game bc I love Disney and haven’t put any money towards it but I guess at some point I should just blow all my gems and be done with it and step away.

If you buy a level-up on a character with gems... (you know, when you don't have enough tokens yet and the button says buy instead of welcome?)... is it instant? Seems like it is but I couldn't remember.

I am thinking it is either a glitch (wouldn't surprise me these days) or it's an intentional stall tactic and they unlock with the next stage of the tower in 4-ish days.
There’s a message explaining it in the top right corner of the game (the “News” icon). Those drop through the purple tasks for each chapter. The tasks you see in the character book for the ears are the tasks that will be in the next two chapters, I believe.

Because the interns wanted to trick us into thinking we could welcome this character at any time... instead of at the end of the TC. Lol.

How’d I end up with 2 Banzai hats? I was so happy, having collected everything needed, needing only 5 more hats to welcome, but noticed that all the tasks (Timon and Pumbas) that claimed I could get hats from them were empty. Maybe it was a glitch in that I was never allowed to see the tasks. And maybe I was just lucky with a chest and didn’t notice? I dunno.

They said it wouldn’t be available immediately in the Live Stream but didn’t say how we would get it. I assume this means it’s going to be a leaderboard prize and we don’t get those during Tower Challenges.

So THATS why they prevent people not connected to the internet from even opening the tower! They don’t want any of us having even a slight remote chance of getting it. ...or, umm, they’re just trying to make it “fair” for everyone.

How’d I end up with 2 Banzai hats? I was so happy, having collected everything needed, needing only 5 more hats to welcome, but noticed that all the tasks (Timon and Pumbas) that claimed I could get hats from them were empty. Maybe it was a glitch in that I was never allowed to see the tasks. And maybe I was just lucky with a chest and didn’t notice? I dunno.

So THATS why they prevent people not connected to the internet from even opening the tower! They don’t want any of us having even a slight remote chance of getting it. ...or, umm, they’re just trying to make it “fair” for everyone.

No it’s not a glitch, it’s because the 🤬 interns, set it up to stop at 2 to prevent us from finishing and welcoming Banzai until later. My guess is we won’t be able to get him until chapter 3? They’ve really did a 🤬 job of letting us know that’s the case though. If this is/was their intention that’s fine, but it’s really deceptive that it still shows Pumba and Timon can collect them. Once again it’s their lack of attention to detail.

Edit: btw I’m not really as mad as I may appear to be with some of these posts. I just like to use the red censored emoji (my new favorite) at spots where I could swear if I wanted to. :rotfl:

I think the 🤬 interns have made me mad. While I have not played since day one I have played a long Time but only have Pumba in the Lion King group. I saw this as my chance at Timon and Nala but 15000 event points f that. New players are never going to get characters if this cost in event points continue. Maybe time to consider stop playing. Unhappy give people a fighting chance!

I think this game is on borrowed time. They are losing their minds on the Disney Magic Kingdoms subreddit. 15,000 and 5,000 EC for an old character and attraction? That is insane. On top of that they are using premium characters as featured in the TC. They seem to be trying to max out their profit before the game dies.

I think the 🤬 interns have made me mad. While I have not played since day one I have played a long Time but only have Pumba in the Lion King group. I saw this as my chance at Timon and Nala but 15000 event points f that. New players are never going to get characters if this cost in event points continue. Maybe time to consider stop playing. Unhappy give people a fighting chance!
I think this game is on borrowed time. They are losing their minds on the Disney Magic Kingdoms subreddit. 15,000 and 5,000 EC for an old character and attraction? That is insane. On top of that they are using premium characters as featured in the TC. They seem to be trying to max out their profit before the game dies.

If you don’t have a character that is available in the TC Event Shop it automatically forces you to pick between the older character(s) or the new one. Doesn’t really give you the option for both, unless you log in EVERY 2 hours and/or spend gems to speed up the process. To make matters worse, at least in the pass you had to have said character at a higher level, so even if you bought them with gems, cash or eventually in the event shop, they wouldn’t be usable in the event. Not sure if that’s still the case though.

It does feel like they are on borrowed time, but as long as they can bring in new players and get money out of them, they will be around for awhile.

My happiness is still out of whack. I still don't get enough tasks to make up for the speed I'm losing happiness. Managed to get to about halfway up the joyous level right after the update but have been slipping down again the last week or so.

No real interest in the hyenas but I do love the Duck triplets so at leas that part is fun.

Just started to welcome Banzai. We’ll see if I end up getting shenzi.
Wanted to start the welcome as well, but I'm in the middle of waiting for Louie. Plus I used all of my EC on the Shenzi ear hats, so I will have to wait until morning.

:rotfl: I just finished welcoming Dewey today and don’t even have anyitem for Louie yet. :rotfl:
No rush since this is all permanent content. The good news is that (I think) the first task for Dewey was just two hours, and then you can start welcomign Louie. Items for Louie are pretty long.

Louie is in my park, so I was finally able to level Hewey and Dewey to 2.

First up for Louie is a solo 12-hour task to review Scrooge's treasure map. Perhaps the Money Bin attraction isn't far behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!