Disney Magic Kingdoms

So I actually like the idea of a mini event - it is something else to do inbetween major events and this was something different vs a regular tapper event

Having said that, the execution of this one is just silly as unless you have *both* of the 'munks Lunar outfits then you are just limited to getting the two bags of fertilizer every two hours (via Mickey and Woody) so in effect it is the same as an every 2 hour taper event

So I actually like the idea of a mini event - it is something else to do inbetween major events and this was something different vs a regular tapper event

Having said that, the execution of this one is just silly as unless you have *both* of the 'munks Lunar outfits then you are just limited to getting the two bags of fertilizer every two hours (via Mickey and Woody) so in effect it is the same as an every 2 hour taper event
So 120 gems and sleepless nights to win a sapphire chest and at most 50 gems. This in addition to tokens which require 35 6 hour quests with an epic class probability. This game is becoming an exercise in click bait.

So 120 gems and sleepless nights to win a sapphire chest and at most 50 gems. This in addition to tokens which require 35 6 hour quests with an epic class probability. This game is becoming an exercise in click bait.

This is also probably the toughest event they ever had as far as progression rewards go. Unless I wait to start a few days after a mini-event starts I can usually get to the final progression reward relatively easily. That’s not the case for this one.

A 15 day event with the top progression reward. (Lunar Baloon Lantern) set at 150 Vine cages means you need to collect 10 a day. If you want to get that reward it almost forces you to purchase the Lunar outfits. Without them, the best you can do is collect 12 cages a day. So best case senario is your able to collect 180 cages is you forgo sleep and the Lunar outfits.

This is also probably the toughest event they ever had as far as progression rewards go. Unless I wait to start a few days after a mini-event starts I can usually get to the final progression reward relatively easily. That’s not the case for this one.

A 15 day event with the top progression reward. (Lunar Baloon Lantern) set at 150 Vine cages means you need to collect 10 a day. If you want to get that reward it almost forces you to purchase the Lunar outfits. Without them, the best you can do is collect 12 cages a day. So best case senario is your able to collect 180 cages is you forgo sleep and the Lunar outfits.

Good point - and I contemplated getting a lunar outfit - until she realized you needed both 'Munks outfits for the fertilizer. That is a bit much. Definitely should have had more characters on the fertilizer and/or have it be only 1 hour events

Yep. I might have played along to get the final reward but since it's not really possible I don't see the point. Really awful event IMHO.

Good point - and I contemplated getting a lunar outfit - until she realized you needed both 'Munks outfits for the fertilizer. That is a bit much. Definitely should have had more characters on the fertilizer and/or have it be only 1 hour events

That’s also a good point. The discrepancies between the bag and rope is bad enough as is, but to add the 2h to the undermanned bag is a joke. There is no way this wasn’t an intentional decision, but still doesn’t make any sense.

I'd really like to get inside the interns heads and see what makes them tick. (CORRECTION: No I don't :rotfl2:) Why would that take what is probably considered the most unpopular part of an event, the vine cage (or equivalent), and make it a 15 day mini-event?

I’ve always felt it’s the vine cage aspect of events that gets me sick/tired of the event more than the lengh if the event does. If they just let characters collect those items instead and just double/tripled the job times or number required, I think everyone would be happier.

Ok so mickey with lunar outfit still takes 2 hours to bag fertilizer. What good are these costumes anyway? I thought maybe i got something valuable from that chest not useless bellhop uniform

I totally missed the Mulan event when I was between decent phones, so I had high hopes for that legendary chest. Then I got Mickey's lunar outfit. :sad2:

I started playing right after BATB so I missed the Mulan event. I was also excited. Also got the dumb outfit lol

Wendy will finally be in my Kingdom tomorrow morning! And I’ll be able to level her to 2 right away.

I’ve given up on the event since it’s impossible to get the concession stand without Chip and Dale’s costumes, unless you want to forgo sleep. I’m just hoping to place well enough to get a few extra gems.

Wendy will finally be in my Kingdom tomorrow morning! And I’ll be able to level her to 2 right away.

I’ve given up on the event since it’s impossible to get the concession stand without Chip and Dale’s costumes, unless you want to forgo sleep. I’m just hoping to place well enough to get a few extra gems.
Congratulations. You'll really love the way she does nothing...

If a character doesnt earn tokens or happiness, in other words, useless, i have them sent home. this has led to me having 66 characters earning a paltry sum of stars and magic instead of wasting time clicking through them. i realize this is somewhat self inflicted by being an early user who has reached endgame content, but this has to be fixed. I dont care if its 12-24 hour tasks with a low chance of drops, at least make me feel like these characters serve some purpose.

I think I might be almost done playing. As far as characters go, once the Evil Queen is level 10 I think that'll be it for me.

Queen of Hearts - 40 Tokens until level 10
Evil Queen - 8 boxes until level 9
Shere Kahn - 4 tokens until level 6

I don't own all the premium characters, I haven't welcomed any new peter pan characters.

Downloaded the game on day 1. Level 50 character with 645 total days on the calendar. Sorry but grinding out tokens isn't fun. The story lines were the fun part. Paying 120 gems for 2 costumes for a CHANCE at a chest that really only benefits newer players - no thanks. Copious amounts of shelved characters in a story book that are obsolete. A main storyline that stalled once Small world opened. Time to find something else I feel.

I think I might be almost done playing. As far as characters go, once the Evil Queen is level 10 I think that'll be it for me.

I don't own all the premium characters, I haven't welcomed any new peter pan characters.

Downloaded the game on day 1. Level 50 character with 645 total days on the calendar. Sorry but grinding out tokens isn't fun. The story lines were the fun part. Paying 120 gems for 2 costumes for a CHANCE at a chest that really only benefits newer players - no thanks. Copious amounts of shelved characters in a story book that are obsolete. A main storyline that stalled once Small world opened. Time to find something else I feel.
I'm feeling the same way too. I've played every day since July 2016 but for several months now the game hasn't been much fun really, so I’ve stopped spending real money on it.

Feels like the developers have become lazy and too greedy. The recent main storyline expansions have been very poor. Few characters, with increasingly high magic costs and tediously high token requirements.

Unless something changes, I’ll be moving on once I’ve used up my existing gem stock. It’s a shame because this game has so much potential, if only the interns could be more inventive and put some real effort into developing a meaningful main storyline alongside the events.

If a character doesnt earn tokens or happiness, in other words, useless, i have them sent home. this has led to me having 66 characters earning a paltry sum of stars and magic instead of wasting time clicking through them. i realize this is somewhat self inflicted by being an early user who has reached endgame content, but this has to be fixed. I dont care if its 12-24 hour tasks with a low chance of drops, at least make me feel like these characters serve some purpose.

I also play Simpsons Tapped Out, and I wish Disney had done something similar to that game- instead of sending characters "home", you can send everyone at once (who isn't already working on a task) to do one, four, eight, twelve, or twenty-four hour tasks. The characters are still doing something, and you'll still see them around the town. I like the home feature in Magic Kingdoms as it's greatly reduced the amount of time I had to spend on it (I probably would have stopped playing by now if they hadn't done something), but it's sad having all these characters I've worked so hard for essentially boxed up.

I'm feeling the same way too. I've played every day since July 2016 but for several months now the game hasn't been much fun really, so I’ve stopped spending real money on it.

Feels like the developers have become lazy and too greedy. The recent main storyline expansions have been very poor. Few characters, with increasingly high magic costs and tediously high token requirements.

Unless something changes, I’ll be moving on once I’ve used up my existing gem stock. It’s a shame because this game has so much potential, if only the interns could be more inventive and put some real effort into developing a meaningful main storyline alongside the events.

I agree. Even the villain fights at the end of each new part of the storyline have been worthless. Early on they were utilized as a way to open up new areas, but that clearly went by the wayside even though we've still had to go through the motions with each storyline event. I'm assuming there will be no such thing with the Peter Pan update given that Hook is a premium character. And the magic and token requirements? Ridiculous. I'm not sure I'll have Wendy by the time the next event starts, and I'm still finishing up Jungle Book (still have Shere Kahn left, upgrading him to level 9 now).

I am in the same boat, when I first saw the game was coming I was really hoping for a Park Builder kind of paradigm.

I would like to see one where you get the magic kingdom to start, but you work towards opening up other parks. I want more control of the design as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!