Disney Magic Kingdoms

So Shere Khan likes to show up in my park every now and then, just wanders around. I obviously can't click on him because I haven't welcomed him yet. It's weird and I'm assuming a glitch?

Welcoming Bashful as I type.
The villains often do that as you get closer to facing them or welcoming them.

I had a few minutes and decided to do a few more test rounds opening chests to get Grumpy, a total of five now involving opening 232 chests. Today I started at 8 owls and 3 hats. The numbers are actually a little better than I originally posted as I edited the calculation to be a little more accurate.

Owls: Overall Average: 1.31 per chest, would take 46 total chests if starting from 0 (45.96)
Hats: Overall Average: 0.77 per chest, would take 52 total chests if starting from 0 (61.68)

So on average, starting from zero of each, you would need 52 chests, or a total of 780 gems.

The five total tests have had very similar results in my opinion, and they've only varied within a range of 60 gems, so there doesn't seem to be a big deviation from the average.

And, with hundreds of chests now opened, zero chests have resulted in Grumpy himself. If they had simply offered him for 750 gems rather than this stupid system, I probably would have grumbled and already purchased him. Instead, I still refuse to play their gambling game, other than these tests.
So now what happens after you collect all of the owls? Do the odds on the hats increase? Or do we get more benches and currency?

So now what happens after you collect all of the owls? Do the odds on the hats increase? Or do we get more benches and currency?
The output of the hats absolutely increases once you have all the owls. The 0.77 hats per chest average is the overall average from zero to forty, including both while owls are available and once they all been obtained. Before the owls are all obtained, the hat average is actually more like 0.61 per chest, while it jumps to around 1.6-1.8 per chest after all the owls have been obtained. It took me 7.2 additional chests on average to get all the hats once I had gotten all the owls.

Hi there!
Been playing DMK for several months but just discovered this forum. It's amazing! I'm really excited by seeing so many people taking time to comment and share advices.

I have a question. Do you guys play DMK on your phone, or a tablet? I play it on my phone (Android) and I really struggle with the game continuously re-loading if I perform any other task in the phone. Every time I send the game to the "background", even if it's just to answer a text message, I need to start all over the "Loading" screen.

This startup process takes more time after each update, right now I need to wait about 2 minutes prior to playing the game. It doesn't sound like a huge amount of time, but for events like the one we have for Snow White, entering the game each hour and having to wait those 2 minutes is a real pain.

I guess there's no solution for this "reset" that happens to the game always I open another app, but I would like to read your comments.

Thank you! Regards from the north of Mexico :earsboy:
Welcome!!!! I play on my tablet. It kept crashing on my phone so I gave up on that device.

Trade you!! It doesn't feel right that I use the air conditioner in December.
We have about 5 inches of snow here and it is still coming down. My boyfriend's brother got a snow day today and my boyfriend got his school (and my old school) canceled after 3pm, he had his last final at 7pm too and now it was rescheduled. Of my 4 years going there, I have never had a final exam day get canceled. Would love to be in warmer weather right now but at least it finally feels like Christmas!

I mean, don't get me wrong. I think it's adorable when my friends post those endless pictures on social media with flower headbands and puppy dog ears. They are so original! I wish my grownup phone did that.

You can do that on your grownup phone too.... Snapchat !

We have about 5 inches of snow here and it is still coming down. My boyfriend's brother got a snow day today and my boyfriend got his school (and my old school) canceled after 3pm, he had his last final at 7pm too and now it was rescheduled. Of my 4 years going there, I have never had a final exam day get canceled. Would love to be in warmer weather right now but at least it finally feels like Christmas!

Agreed ! Got a few inches here in Ohio so far.. expecting 3-5. Once Christmas is over I’m ready for 75 degrees again lol

Build a snowman that looks like Grumpy for me. That's probably the only Grumpy I will get before Christmas since it doesn't look very likely on my game.

Seeing as how it's now hard to get enough event currency to trade for gems (that they are also trying to get us to spend), what level are you getting your characters to? Asking since I now have the Snow White prompt with 3.5 days to wait until she becomes available.

Also, what do you all think about trading 750-800 gems in return for Grumpy? Just curious on that one. ;)

Seeing as how it's now hard to get enough event currency to trade for gems (that they are also trying to get us to spend), what level are you getting your characters to? Asking since I now have the Snow White prompt with 3.5 days to wait until she becomes available.

Also, what do you all think about trading 750-800 gems in return for Grumpy? Just curious on that one. ;)
Well to get more gems out of it, I tend to only level characters up when I absolutely need to. (especially with how many gems they want us to use now for Grumpy, makes me worried for how many gems we will need in the future).

As for trading in gems for Grumpy, I think only used about 200. I think it is your call, depending on how many gems you have total and if you're feeling lucky (lol).

As for trading in gems for Grumpy, I think only used about 200. I think it is your call, depending on how many gems you have total and if you're feeling lucky (lol).
Curious about the math on this one? Grumpy would need a minimum of at least 15 chests for owls (at 4 max per chest) and 14 chests for hats (at 3 max per chest), for a mathematical minimum of 435 gems, and that would be getting 4 owls or 3 hats in every single chest, of which happened to me maybe 1 out of maybe 40-50 chests out of hundreds of chests opened. Of course, minus the like 4 free chests we've gotten so far? So maybe a minimum of 400 gems in an absolute perfect scenario...

Curious about the math on this one? Grumpy would need a minimum of at least 15 chests for owls (at 4 max per chest) and 14 chests for hats (at 3 max per chest), for a mathematical minimum of 435 gems, and that would be getting 4 owls or 3 hats in every single chest, of which happened to me maybe 1 out of maybe 40-50 chests out of hundreds of chests opened. Of course, minus the like 4 free chests we've gotten so far? So maybe a minimum of 400 gems in an absolute perfect scenario...
I do not have Grumpy, I just wanted to be closer to obtaining him. I wasn't saying in terms of getting Grumpy because that's quite ridiculous unless you have a ton of gems to spare.

I do not have Grumpy, I just wanted to be closer to obtaining him. I wasn't saying in terms of getting Grumpy because that's quite ridiculous unless you have a ton of gems to spare.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood then. Just trying to paint an accurate picture of what it actually takes to get him so everyone knows that they're getting into if they decide to do it. :-)

I usually like to level my event characters as high as possible. I figure at most it will cost me 20K event currency which will cost me less than 10 gems. So basically, it costs me less than 10 gems to get some combination of 6-8 extra levels. Well worth that cost for me.

I’ve got Doc, Sneezy and Dopey at level 6 and Bashful at level 4. I’ve got the first 3 ready for level 7 and they’ll only cost 400, 1100 and 450 EC to level. So, leveling those 3 only cost 2K, or 1 gem, if I fall short of 80K at the end.

Don’t like the idea of possibly spending 750-800, but probably will. I’ve got every character in the game and and would hate missing one after this event. Not in a rush for Grumpy though. I’ll wait for awhile before probably pulling the trigger.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood then. Just trying to paint an accurate picture of what it actually takes to get him so everyone knows that they're getting into if they decide to do it. :-)
That's alright, sorry if I wasn't clear. I currently have 37/60 owls and 17/40 ear hats

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter