Disney Magic Kingdoms

Hi there!
Been playing DMK for several months but just discovered this forum. It's amazing! I'm really excited by seeing so many people taking time to comment and share advices.

I have a question. Do you guys play DMK on your phone, or a tablet? I play it on my phone (Android) and I really struggle with the game continuously re-loading if I perform any other task in the phone. Every time I send the game to the "background", even if it's just to answer a text message, I need to start all over the "Loading" screen.

This startup process takes more time after each update, right now I need to wait about 2 minutes prior to playing the game. It doesn't sound like a huge amount of time, but for events like the one we have for Snow White, entering the game each hour and having to wait those 2 minutes is a real pain.

I guess there's no solution for this "reset" that happens to the game always I open another app, but I would like to read your comments.

Thank you! Regards from the north of Mexico :earsboy:

I play on a Galaxy S7 Edge and have this exact problem. I've looked into rooting my phone to fix app prioritization so the OS won't restart the game, but it wasn't worth the effort.

I wish there was an easy fix.

Hi there!
Been playing DMK for several months but just discovered this forum. It's amazing! I'm really excited by seeing so many people taking time to comment and share advices.

I have a question. Do you guys play DMK on your phone, or a tablet? I play it on my phone (Android) and I really struggle with the game continuously re-loading if I perform any other task in the phone. Every time I send the game to the "background", even if it's just to answer a text message, I need to start all over the "Loading" screen.

This startup process takes more time after each update, right now I need to wait about 2 minutes prior to playing the game. It doesn't sound like a huge amount of time, but for events like the one we have for Snow White, entering the game each hour and having to wait those 2 minutes is a real pain.

I guess there's no solution for this "reset" that happens to the game always I open another app, but I would like to read your comments.

I’m on an iPhone 6. I’ve been playing from the beginning and this never used to be a problem. I’m not sure how long it’s been going on but it feels like probably six months or so. It sucks, it’s bad programming, it’s unnecessary and it makes me hate Gameloft a whole lot.

They've been adding so much land the last few updates that they should probably take a long break from adding land so they can optimize the game. :-)

So Shere Khan is officially by far the biggest a****le in the game (outside of Gameloft themselves). They’ve taken one of my favourite animated films and made it so I never want to watch it again. Was that your goal Disney??? Makes no sense to me. Months of trying to level up and this is only where I’m at. That last item I’m waiting on...I haven’t had a single drop in a week and a half. I’ve got way better odds playing actual cash in Vegas. It’s boring and a lazy way to create gameplay. Donald Duck was a Prince in comparison. Thanks for making me hate one of Disney’s most beloved films.

Attachments

• 68789DCE-9CC7-46A0-9C2D-C8AE77B5342E.png
    68789DCE-9CC7-46A0-9C2D-C8AE77B5342E.png
    766.5 KB · Views: 17

They've been adding so much land the last few updates that they should probably take a long break from adding land so they can optimize the game. :-)
If they take a break from adding content, how will the interns make money for next semester's books?

If they take a break from adding content, how will the interns make money for next semester's books?
Not a break from new content, just from new land, as they did early this year or late last year for several updates and had everyone going crazy about not enough land.

What was today's gift? I got the 1 magic and then nothing.

And I know it wasn't Grumpy or the boards would have exploded. :lmao:

Hi there!

I play on my iPhone

Bah! My computer crashed overnight. So when I got everything restarted all the character timers in my Windows game hadn't advanced. So I was supposed to Welcome Bashful this morning, but Alice is still upgrading for 5 hrs (out of the 8 she started with).

In my IOS game I'm waiting for Snow White Scary Adventures to finish in 70min.

Not a break from new content, just from new land, as they did early this year or late last year for several updates and had everyone going crazy about not enough land.
There's actually plenty of room for everything to fit right now. I opened up that new space near It's a Small World and the lot is empty.

There's actually plenty of room for everything to fit right now. I opened up that new space near It's a Small World and the lot is empty.
I agree. There was then too, but that didn't stop the complaints. The funny part was simply that they kept saying they weren't adding more land for the purpose of "optimizing" the game, and yet the game continued to have numerous issues and glitches.

I agree. There was then too, but that didn't stop the complaints. The funny part was simply that they kept saying they weren't adding more land for the purpose of "optimizing" the game, and yet the game continued to have numerous issues and glitches.
Ah yes, the good ol' days. We cannot expand the board because we are in the process of optimizing the game. Which basically meant that they were not optimizing the game. It's difficult to believe that a game like this continually has so many glitches with each new update. It's as if they are rushing things out for the sake of trying to make money with new content. There MUST be far bigger and more detailed games than this one, with many more moving parts, that do not crash as frequently as this one. Or that has so many errors with the latest release. And you people wonder why I'm convinced that Gameloft has handed this game over to their interns.

I play on a Galaxy S7 Edge and have this exact problem. I've looked into rooting my phone to fix app prioritization so the OS won't restart the game, but it wasn't worth the effort.

I wish there was an easy fix.
I play on the plain S7 and have a similar issue. The game doesn't reboot, but does visibly slow down. I can see the animations move almost pixel by pixel.

I had a free few minutes, so I decided to take stats on the gambling game on an alternate device. I already had a few of the items from the free drops, so I wasn't testing to the full amount from 0.

Owls: Average: 1.08 per chest, would take 56 total chests if starting from 0 (55.56)
Hats: Average: 0.74 per chest, would take 55 total chests if starting from 0 (54.05)

With what I already had, it would have taken 49 chests and cost 735 gems for me to max out (i.e. not from 0). The hats increased once I had all the owls, up to a 1.63 average.

I was just curious, but maybe somebody will find these numbers useful if considering going for it. As for me, I am back to low single digits of each, though I may do another run-through tomorrow if I have time.
I had a few minutes and decided to do a few more test rounds opening chests to get Grumpy, a total of five now involving opening 232 chests. Today I started at 8 owls and 3 hats. The numbers are actually a little better than I originally posted as I edited the calculation to be a little more accurate.

Owls: Overall Average: 1.31 per chest, would take 46 total chests if starting from 0 (45.96)
Hats: Overall Average: 0.77 per chest, would take 52 total chests if starting from 0 (61.68)

So on average, starting from zero of each, you would need 52 chests, or a total of 780 gems.

The five total tests have had very similar results in my opinion, and they've only varied within a range of 60 gems, so there doesn't seem to be a big deviation from the average.

And, with hundreds of chests now opened, zero chests have resulted in Grumpy himself. If they had simply offered him for 750 gems rather than this stupid system, I probably would have grumbled and already purchased him. Instead, I still refuse to play their gambling game, other than these tests.

So Shere Khan likes to show up in my park every now and then, just wanders around. I obviously can't click on him because I haven't welcomed him yet. It's weird and I'm assuming a glitch?

Welcoming Bashful as I type.

So that's one confirmed Grumpy...I've been doing the two device trick a long time and still nothing.

I can't wrap my head around the 2-device trick... I've read the instructions a dozen times, too. It's crazy at my work this time of year, though. That's the other gripe I have - I work full-time AND have a 2-year old toddler. Like - I don't have time to open my phone every 1-2 hours. And when I get home, my son wants to play and run around before it's bath and bedtime. And my job is 9am to 6pm, so it's not like when I get home I can devote all my attention to the game. I want to be with my kid as much as possible - same with my husband. Who unlocked Grumpy thru a chest. Which, based off the past few pages of this thread, really is a 1 in a million. Go. Figure.

Furthermore, all of the tokens for the dwarfs are starting to blend together. Thank goodness for the Go Home feature... Because all these guys will be off to home once the event is done!

I play on the plain S7 and have a similar issue. The game doesn't reboot, but does visibly slow down. I can see the animations move almost pixel by pixel.

I've got the S8+ and have no problems at all. The game runs great and battery life is fantastic! I realise this doesn't help you... :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter