Disney Magic Kingdoms

Not sure what they would do for Halloween because we already had The Nightmare Before Christmas (NBC). Too bad Corpse Bride isn't Disney because those would be awesome characters to have. That leaves us with the most common, Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown which seem very unlikely to happen. Knowing them, they will pull something out to get some more money out of people.
I would just be happy if they wouldn't have another NBC event. I started playing at the very end of the event so I had only got jack skellington. But I want those other characters because they are useful in other events. And I'm sure not buying them when they come into platinum chests!

so based on what I read previously.... this firecracker mini event... I should wait to start it? lol I have no problem waiting until tonight or tomorrow :) Also popped up the legendary chest for Mulan for $9.99... yeah no lol

I wasn't playing the game when the Mulan event happened, and I don't have any experience with legendary chests yet. Do the events ever repeat? Or is this my only chance to collect any of those characters? Asking the experts! :)

I wasn't playing the game when the Mulan event happened, and I don't have any experience with legendary chests yet. Do the events ever repeat? Or is this my only chance to collect any of those characters? Asking the experts! :)

No events have repeated yet. Legendary Chests have been the only way to get event characters.

Well, speaking from someone who missed MOST of the original Incredibles Event - I only got Helen, Dash, and barely picked up Violet before it ended; then spent probably . . . . (were the enchanted chests 60 a piece?), I ended up getting Mr. Incredible, Frozone, Syndrome, the Omnidroid City, and the Incredible House all from Platinum chests... I probably spent 500+ gems with the missed chests. Since then, I haven't missed an Event character or attraction, period. LOL.

Does anybody else feel a little like Pokémon syndrome? Even though I never played that game, I feel like I gotta catch 'em all! :P I think what has kept me going is the interactions that will hopefully take place between the characters of each storyline..... just recently, Aladdin was telling Carpet that they should go to the bizarre to have a fez stitched onto Carpet...... it's little quests like that which make the game more interesting. What if Carpet was being sewn by, say, Sally from NBC? Fauna/Flora/Merryweather? They all live in the same kingdom and they don't interact very much.... lots of possibilities to do those types of things.

Ok...expert opinion needed! I also was not playing when Mulan was going on. Should I cave and buy a legendary chest with hopes of getting a character for 60 gems?? I got a good amount of gems from the leftover Aladdin EC so I have enough to buy a legendary chest. Should I go for it? Haha

Ok...expert opinion needed! I also was not playing when Mulan was going on. Should I cave and buy a legendary chest with hopes of getting a character for 60 gems?? I got a good amount of gems from the leftover Aladdin EC so I have enough to buy a legendary chest. Should I go for it? Haha

That is totally up to you... I have been playing a few months and Lion King was my first event. I really wanted The Incredible's characters so I used gems I had earned in the game to buy 2 chests and all I got was one attraction. And then Aladdin started soon after and I didn't have enough gems to buy both the premium characters or the Cave. It's very much a lottery when opening Legendary chests so you need to decide if you want to take a chance with either gems or money.

The events to get the Mulan characters has not repeated, but since I've been playing for about 4 months, this is I think the 2nd time Mulan has been offered in the Legendary chests. But with anything all this is subject to change based on the game.

That is totally up to you... I have been playing a few months and Lion King was my first event. I really wanted The Incredible's characters so I used gems I had earned in the game to buy 2 chests and all I got was one attraction. And then Aladdin started soon after and I didn't have enough gems to buy both the premium characters or the Cave. It's very much a lottery when opening Legendary chests so you need to decide if you want to take a chance with either gems or money.

I went for it and got Li Shang! It will be nice to just have another character. Hopefully I can do well with the firecrackers and keep leveling up other characters to get more gems!

Last edited:
Can't remember what has been said... can we do the airplane mode trick to guarantee what we get from a 60-gem legendary chest?
I've never tried the trick yet myself, but if I could know I was going to get something I really wanted, I wouldn't mind spending the gems.

so based on what I read previously.... this firecracker mini event... I should wait to start it? lol I have no problem waiting until tonight or tomorrow :) Also popped up the legendary chest for Mulan for $9.99... yeah no lol
I don't know that it really matters for this mini-event. There are prizes based on how many firecrackers you collect (regardless of where you place on the leaderboard) and the leaderboard gives gems (max 25) and magic. So nothing really exclusive; the gems would be helpful, but given that the max is 25, I'm not sure it's worth worry about the board.

Can't remember what has been said... can we do the airplane mode trick to guarantee what we get from a 60-gem legendary chest?
I've never tried the trick yet myself, but if I could know I was going to get something I really wanted, I wouldn't mind spending the gems.
I'm afraid I'll mess up and make it worse haha. I just stay away from the airplane mode trick. Maybe one day though. Who knows haha

I don't know that it really matters for this mini-event. There are prizes based on how many firecrackers you collect (regardless of where you place on the leaderboard) and the leaderboard gives gems (max 25) and magic. So nothing really exclusive; the gems would be helpful, but given that the max is 25, I'm not sure it's worth worry about the board.

Well I am new so the 25 Gems would be a huge help LOL

I'm currently experiencing what I assume is a glitch. For some reason my characters are collecting items for characters who are ready to level up? I've collected items for Aurora, Jasmine, Cinderella, Daisy, Belle despite them not needing any further items. Also all my parade floats are collecting items again? Anyone else experiencing this? Very odd.

I'm a little behind in the main story line. I'm still trying to welcome Mowgli. I only needs his hats. I'm thinking about buying Flash but can't decide if I should just get some using gems or buy the bundle with the Racetrack as I know there are tasks involving it and I've had no luck with Platnium Chests.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the bundle. I bought flash with the gems I had on hand. I've now opened over 50 platinum chests and still can't get the zootopia racetrack. With the amount of gems I've spent, based on their conversion rate, I would have spent more than $40 in real money on a chance at an attraction that I still haven't gotten!!! :mad: I could have spent the $10 and saved myself months of aggravation. The only upside is that most of my gems have come from parades and leveling up characters so I haven't spent real money yet.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the bundle. I bought flash with the gems I had on hand. I've now opened over 50 platinum chests and still can't get the zootopia racetrack. With the amount of gems I've spent, based on their conversion rate, I would have spent more than $40 in real money on a chance at an attraction that I still haven't gotten!!! :mad: I could have spent the $10 and saved myself months of aggravation. The only upside is that most of my gems have come from parades and leveling up characters so I haven't spent real money yet.

I caved and bought the bundle this morning. I opened so many platinum chests and no racetrack so I decided to get it. I love Flash and it came with 120 gems too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter