Disney Magic Kingdoms

I need 2 more jafar staffs!!! Only 24 hours left!! I'm afraid I won't get him because of the horrible drop rate I've been having. I was not able to get a single staff yesterday and I stayed on top of it! This is going to upset me!
Along with all of the glitches that I've been having this past week. I would send out all of my characters and when I would log back in all of my event related tasks just started when all of my normal tasks were finished or started when I sent them out like they were supposed to.

Keep trying!! Sending you good luck so you can get those last two staffs!

Finally got the last hat for Jafar! Welcoming him now. I have 21,000 EC left. Any suggestions on what I should do? All of ther Aladdin characters are Level 6 and above. Jafar will be Level 1 of course. Should I just save it and take the gems or try to level up characters? Thanks for the help!

I would go gems you will have forever to level up if it takes forever. No rush and its free gems.

I just hit 50,000EC! I've made it quite a ways since yesterday... I think early in the day I calculated 31k left after welcoming Jafar?

Also, who else didn't notice that Genie isn't able to gather magic lamps this whole event? It makes sense now that I think about it....

On a 100% unrelated to anything front, am I the only person bothered by the fact that all the characters appear alphabetically when waiting to be assigned quests except for Mrs. Incredible? After contemplating for some time I realized she is alphabetized as "Elastigirl", but it still annoys me that only she is not alphabetized by her name as it appears on-screen. I realize this is not the world's biggest problem, but still!

You're not alone. This has bugged the crap out of me ever since I figured that out.

On a 100% unrelated to anything front, am I the only person bothered by the fact that all the characters appear alphabetically when waiting to be assigned quests except for Mrs. Incredible? After contemplating for some time I realized she is alphabetized as "Elastigirl", but it still annoys me that only she is not alphabetized by her name as it appears on-screen. I realize this is not the world's biggest problem, but still!

For the longest time, I thought she was under Helen. LOL

It was thinking it must be Helen and then realizing that couldn't possibly be right once I welcomed EVE that nearly sent me off the deep end!

Silent reader of the thread.
I usually ignore my happiness level. But I kept it at Ecstatic yesterday and got better drop rate for Jafar's earhat (his staff wasn't a big problem for me). I started to welcome him just now.

Not so much a glitch as an odd quirk, but has anyone had any issues with their lion king parade float not saving from the previous parade?
When they rolled out the update that would save the floats that you previously used, I had been using zootopia, sleeping beauty, and lion king. I swapped lion king for Aladdin once the event went live, and ever since, it has saved all 3 floats, but when I went to swap sleeping beauty for lion king, it won't save lion king. It only saves the 2 floats, and I have to add lion king back in each time I run my parade.

Not so much a glitch as an odd quirk, but has anyone had any issues with their lion king parade float not saving from the previous parade?
When they rolled out the update that would save the floats that you previously used, I had been using zootopia, sleeping beauty, and lion king. I swapped lion king for Aladdin once the event went live, and ever since, it has saved all 3 floats, but when I went to swap sleeping beauty for lion king, it won't save lion king. It only saves the 2 floats, and I have to add lion king back in each time I run my parade.
I had a strange experience with parades recently too. I've been running the Aladdin float and the Mickey float through the even and I haven't changed/swapped floats. A couple days ago I paid my magic and sent the parade on its way but only Mickey was running. I thought maybe I'd accidentally removed Aladdin. However, when I was able to run another parade, there was Aladdin and Mickey still saved in their slots.

The "A Whole New World" Event ends in about 5 hours. This is my first "Event".

What happens to the Event currency when it ends? Is it gone and worthless?

What is the BEST thing to be spending it on?!? Should I spend all I can right before it ends?

(My two options right now are the "Snake-in-a-Basket" decoration and "Royal Elephant Throne". ) Are these good to stack up for Merlin's Cauldron maybe?

The "A Whole New World" Event ends in about 5 hours. This is my first "Event".

What happens to the Event currency when it ends? Is it gone and worthless?

What is the BEST thing to be spending it on?!? Should I spend all I can right before it ends?

(My two options right now are the "Snake-in-a-Basket" decoration and "Royal Elephant Throne". ) Are these good to stack up for Merlin's Cauldron maybe?

Don't spend your event currency (EC) on that! At the end, they will convert ever 2,000 of your event currency to the Pink diamond shaped gems! They're worth a lot, so save your event currency! Send Jessie and goofy on their 6 minute tasks as much as possible, they have THE BEST rate for gaining event currency. :-)

And I just hit 58k in currency.... hoping for 65k maybe? 70k???? Wish I could get that 80, but it's probably not statistically possible.

Oh thank you! That's good to know!
After buying a few more snakes and thrones, I'm glad I consulted this thread! I knew I could count on you all!
Allright, off to get Jessie and Goofy really busy!
Any particular buildings I should have? I did get far enough to add the fountain and the Cave of Wonders by moving out the RC Racers, Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel, and the Tower of Terror just for during the Event. Am I on the right track there?

Should I add the "Abu Balloon Stand" while the Event is still on?

Considering it's so ridiculously difficult to see what a character is doing after you've sent them on a mission, AND the character book is seemingly useless after you upgrade your characters to Level 10..... The developers should make the character book into a link to the missions that our characters are on! Do you know how many times I've wanted to find a character to spend gems to finish their quest early? Gameloft should definitely consider this as a marketing strategy to implement ease of gameplay and they'll reap the rewards.
Another thing I wish those interns would get on is adding a countdown clock to the tasks for each token. For instance, if I need a Jafar staff, I click on the item and it currently shows which characters/tasks are currently being used. At that point, the "4 hour" piece should disappear, and it should be replaced with a countdown clock so that we can tell how much longer the character is engaged in that quest. That'll solve us from having to click multiple times to see it on the actual game screen. Should be a no-brainer. I mean honestly, who is running the internship program over there at Gameloft?

Oh, that wonderful feeling, when you open up a platinum chest and find out your third gift is..... more useless magic :( I should have done the airplane mode trick. I think this is twice in a row I've just got useless magic.
You're making me feel a bit better about the planter my last platinum chest gave me.

Should I add the "Abu Balloon Stand" while the Event is still on?
At least the balloon stand will continue to produce magic once the event is over. Although maybe not enough to matter. Depends on what you feel you will need most. Not sure if this new Jungle Book addition to the storyline will include gem characters or not. Or if the gems you receive through converting your event currency will make much of a difference. Remember that it is 2,000 for each gem.

Has anyone checked what these are worth at Merlin's Cauldron? Gems are nice, but I purchased Golden Zephyr right before the Lion King event started and had already purchased Jumping Jellyfish when the Cauldron was introduced, so I'm down to 5k Elixirs after playing for another 2 months. Gems can be eared through parades and ads, so Elixirs are the real prize if you're looking to complete the Character sets.

How much to just buy him? Even if you get one more staff, you can buy him for gems tomorrow. Certainly cheaper than buying him for $15 like they are offering!
I got him luckily and I'm not one for spending gems unless I have to like with event characters that you have to buy with gems. I never ever put real money into the game so gems are scarce. Plus I only had 5 after buying iago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!