Disney Magic Kingdoms

I understand they do it for new players, but its SO frustrating how the sand whirls can only use the starting characters, and those are the same characters that need to get tokens for the aladdin characters! Like I have what feels like 100 characters and mickey and goofy are like the only ones who can get Aladdin tokens AND get sand whirl tokens.

Exactly, you stated it better than I did! The sand whirls mechanism is fine, but using all the starting/same characters is the issue. It's frustrating having to send those characters out to collect items for the sand whirls when you could be sending them on jobs for other needed items. Give a few, of the many, non-event characters the broom and dust pan items. That's much better use than having to send all of those characters out on 6, 8 or 12 hour jobs, just to make it easier to collect event items and currency.

I understand they do it for new players, but its SO frustrating how the sand whirls can only use the starting characters, and those are the same characters that need to get tokens for the aladdin characters! Like I have what feels like 100 characters and mickey and goofy are like the only ones who can get Aladdin tokens AND get sand whirl tokens.

This post is SO true!!! haha

Also, I have a quick question! I got most of my characters at the level up stage before this event which has helped me out a ton, however, since most of (if not all) of the Aladdin quests/events will use the Aladdin currency, should I go ahead and unlock Sulley? I have more than enough magic to do so and he is just waiting for me to start his 8hr unlock. I know that most characters have at least one or two tasks they can do to get currency for the Aladdin event so that's why I'm wondering if I should just unlock Sulley now. (Plus it will keep my Main Story moving along as well) Thanks for the help!

Also, I have a quick question! I got most of my characters at the level up stage before this event which has helped me out a ton, however, since most of (if not all) of the Aladdin quests/events will use the Aladdin currency, should I go ahead and unlock Sulley? I have more than enough magic to do so and he is just waiting for me to start his 8hr unlock. I know that most characters have at least one or two tasks they can do to get currency for the Aladdin event so that's why I'm wondering if I should just unlock Sulley now. (Plus it will keep my Main Story moving along as well) Thanks for the help!
I think you actually should welcome him, just make sure you won't get the tokens for a character in the time you are welcoming him, bc then you'll have to wait or spend gems on freeing your character book.

My biggest frustration so far: Carpet's tokens. His ears can only be gathered via Aladdin and silver chests. His tassels are only gathered by a 4hr joint task with Goofy & Mickey - two of the few that can work on brooms and dust pans for the sand whirls, or by a bronze chest. I feel like this is a repeat of the frustration with Zazu's ears - seemed like Timon and Pumbaa were the only ones that could gather those early on and they were always headed off on mandatory quests. But I think their tasks for his ears were separate, not joint, and no where near 4 hrs! And nobody new is going to help with Carpet's tassels until Jasmine! He's helpful sure, but he shouldn't be so impossible to level up!

My biggest frustration so far: Carpet's tokens. His ears can only be gathered via Aladdin and silver chests. His tassels are only gathered by a 4hr joint task with Goofy & Mickey - two of the few that can work on brooms and dust pans for the sand whirls, or by a bronze chest. I feel like this is a repeat of the frustration with Zazu's ears - seemed like Timon and Pumbaa were the only ones that could gather those early on and they were always headed off on mandatory quests. But I think their tasks for his ears were separate, not joint, and no where near 4 hrs! And nobody new is going to help with Carpet's tassels until Jasmine! He's helpful sure, but he shouldn't be so impossible to level up!

My biggest frustration so far is that I still don't have the update and I can't play!

My biggest frustration so far is that I still don't have the update and I can't play!
:-O Oh no! That's super frustrating! I hope you get the update soon! I could see my update on the app store before the game told me it was there, but I had to wait to get home to update since it required WiFi and wouldn't update via my data plan due to the size of the update.

Sulley does help with event currency, so I would go ahead and welcome him. His ears aren't available in chests, just the common laugh canisters, and his drawings. Neither of which will take too long to gather.

:-O Oh no! That's super frustrating! I hope you get the update soon! I could see my update on the app store before the game told me it was there, but I had to wait to get home to update since it required WiFi and wouldn't update via my data plan due to the size of the update.
I just feel so left out.

Don't know if it has been said, but the Streets of Agrabah is 750 event currency and there's a Golden Scarab tap task of 20. The streets take up quite some space :sad2:

Have you tried restarting your phone/tablet to see if the update would appear then? It doesn't seem right that they would start an event without rolling out the update to all devices...
I have restarted the game cleared cookies restarted my computer and swung the cat around over my head! lol but I still don't have the update. I also put in a ticket with customer support but my experience with them is less that helpful.

No bugs on my end. Actually, my game hasn't crashed since the update. But I don't want to jinx it!! Used gems and bought Carpet and the parade float. Mickey is off doing a 2hr thing. Changed Goofy into his Skeleton outfit so he can do all quests. And working on getting Aladdin. So far so good....
Thanks for mentioning Goofys costume... I had no idea. I keep changing back to classic because it bugs me lol

Sulley does help with event currency, so I would go ahead and welcome him. His ears aren't available in chests, just the common laugh canisters, and his drawings. Neither of which will take too long to gather.

Ok thanks guys! I will unlock Sulley tonight before bed since it is a 8 hr job!

It didn't appear as though the DMK Wiki had the walkthrough for the game up. I'm in the process of building the streets of Agrabah and I'm curious what comes next? It's supposed to get done right around midnight my time and I'm deciding if I want to be up that late.

One of the changes I really like from the update is that it remembers and auto selects the last group of floats you chose. It also moved all of the purchase with gem floats to the end. Can't tell you how many times I almost accidently purchased a float the old way.

Also, anyone else finding it harder to find chest, since they added the land in the update before this one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts