Disney Magic Kingdoms

I purchased the two event bundles so welcomed the Magic Carpet. Sent Mickey on his 60 second quest and then his two hour quest and working on welcoming Aladdin but I have to sleep soon (it's 2am here and I waited especially to start the event)

It's hard to plan what I should send Mickey to do. I'm having him and Carpet currently get dustpans so I can at least start on Aladdin...

Anyone else experience any bugs at the start of the event?

I started playing 10 minutes after it started, Aladdin and the Carpet said they wouldn't be available for 5 1/2 hours and the chests I activated before bed and should have been ready also had the same amount of time left. I also went thru and sent out all the characters that collected event currency but none of the characters were able to collect Event items.

I restarted the app, about 15 minutes into the Event and everything was OK. Aladdin and the carpets available, chests ready, items collectable, etc. The upside is that after the restart all the characters I sent out on jobs to collect event currency, so I'm already have over 1,000 event coins collected :thumbsup2

Anyone else experience any bugs at the start of the event?

I started playing 10 minutes after it started, Aladdin and the Carpet said they wouldn't be available for 5 1/2 hours and the chests I activated before bed and should have been ready also had the same amount of time left. I also went thru and sent out all the characters that collected event currency but none of the characters were able to collect Event items.

I restarted the app, about 15 minutes into the Event and everything was OK. Aladdin and the carpets available, chests ready, items collectable, etc. The upside is that after the restart all the characters I sent out on jobs to collect event currency, so I'm already have over 1,000 event coins collected :thumbsup2

Nice!! Not a bad game bug to have I guess haha! I haven't had any bugs yet though on my end. Hopefully it stays that way for everyone throughout the event!

No bugs on my end. Actually, my game hasn't crashed since the update. But I don't want to jinx it!! Used gems and bought Carpet and the parade float. Mickey is off doing a 2hr thing. Changed Goofy into his Skeleton outfit so he can do all quests. And working on getting Aladdin. So far so good....

My game will freeze sometimes for about 10 seconds.

About 10 more minutes and Aladdin will be welcomed

Aladdin's first task is 60 minutes. Consider gifts for Genie.

He also only needs 1 lamp, 1 sword, 1 hat to go to Level 2.

Welcoming Aladdin now. The sand whirls feel quite painful at the moment, there are so few characters to gather the stuff for them. Not long 'til Abu joins the gang though.

Welcoming Aladdin now. The sand whirls feel quite painful at the moment, there are so few characters to gather the stuff for them. Not long 'til Abu joins the gang though.

Congrats on welcoming Aladdin, I should be welcoming mine in about a half hour.

Agree about the sand Whirls, crabs or whatever used in previous event. I always find that part of events the most annoying and tedious. I'd rather they get rid of them all together and make the lantern a 2 or 4 hour job or a 1 hour job that requires more. The fact that you have to devote so many characters just to collect the items needed for the sand whirls, take away much of the events enjoyment for me. They are not a challenge they are a task or a chore.

Last edited:
I agree. The crystal crabs were a pain and the sand whirls are just as bad haha. I just need one more broom so I can get a lamp, then I can start welcoming Aladdin. And thank goodness for Carpet being able to get some items as well. Only Jessie, Mickey, and Goofy can get items for the sand whirls for me at the moment.

I don't mind the sand swirls or the ones that take an hour, and then 10 seconds to turn into the token. I'm just setting and forgetting a character for an hour. I found the snowgies from the Frozen event, where it was 6 minutes to get bags and string waaaay more annoying.

Congrats on welcoming Aladdin, I should be welcoming mine in about a half hour.

Agree about the sand Whirls, crabs or whatever used in previous event. I always find that part of events the most annoying and tedious. I'd rather they get rid of them all together and make the lantern a 2 or 4 hour job or a 1 hour job that requires more. The fact that you have to devote so many characters just to collect the items needed for the sand whirls, take away much of the events enjoyment for me. They are not a challenge they are a task or a chore.
True, but they are much easier to deal with than the snowgies. Those almost did me in for the game, but the 'improvements' that they made for the other events have been a lot better.

After Aladdin and Carpet are both at level 2 and after unlocking Streets of Agrabah, Aladdin has a 4 hour quest "Go to the Streets of Agrabah" and then Jessie and Woody each have individual tasks that are 6 and 4 hours long.

I understand they do it for new players, but its SO frustrating how the sand whirls can only use the starting characters, and those are the same characters that need to get tokens for the aladdin characters! Like I have what feels like 100 characters and mickey and goofy are like the only ones who can get Aladdin tokens AND get sand whirl tokens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter