Disney Magic Kingdoms

Seems like the solve the puzzle and then tweet or share (free social advertising) is always for events. I don't remember one for Zootopia, Chip and Dale, or others.
As far as I can remember back from the start of the game, they have always done the livestream/social advertising for timed events.
Chip and Dale didn't require one, as that was an actual update to the story (paltry as it was, at least it gave us something to do). I believe it's roughly every other set of characters they release are timed events to give us time to breathe and catch up until the next one.

Reminder for everyone: Starting around now (1-2 weeks before the next timed event) if you have characters to level up, try to fill up all of their token requirements to get you to the next level, but DON'T level them up!! This will give you a headstart on the event, as you won't be tying up characters you could be sending out for limited time character tokens on tokens you can work on after the event. It will also keep those tokens from dropping into your chests, so you have a better chance of getting the tokens you want.
If you have all of the tokens collected and still have a couple days before the event starts, level up a character or 2 with a low token requirement that you can fill back up in a day or so, OR level up a character from level 9 to 10. This will require no more tokens, will give you extra gems, and in the past, level 10 characters have often had a task to get tokens for the event.
If you have a character you are trying to welcome, go ahead, as they might be helpful for the upcoming events.

Sadly, I have to agree with you. I am not a fan of timed events... it just makes for lots of boring down time when they are over. And I don't like feeling like I have to play all the time or hurry up to finish. :(
To me, I've been bored with the Zootopia update. It's a nice update with some good characters, but I seem to only be excited during the events lately. Still working on welcoming Chief Bogo, which is taking forever because I only go into the game about twice a day lately. And the Lion King is my favorite Disney film, so I'm excited to welcome them in. I haven't looked in these forums much since people were complaining about Cars running over people in the game, but I imagine now people are complaining about lions being loose in the kingdom. We are a complain-y bunch here.

Getting chief bogo sucks! I have two ear hats and three badges left to go and most of the ones I have I got from the cauldron. I'm so sick of this!

Gameloft just posted they will do a livestream this Thursday for the next update. Really really hoping it's not an event! Have they done a livestream for just a regular update to the main storyline before? Seems like it's always been for an event. If it's for the main storyline, must be a big one to do a livestream.
I saw a screenshot posted in the comments of the chip & dale treehouse in Frontierland. If the rumors are true, that would support a livestream announcement for sure. Not gonna lie, I'll be watching on my lunch

To me, I've been bored with the Zootopia update. It's a nice update with some good characters, but I seem to only be excited during the events lately. Still working on welcoming Chief Bogo, which is taking forever because I only go into the game about twice a day lately. And the Lion King is my favorite Disney film, so I'm excited to welcome them in. I haven't looked in these forums much since people were complaining about Cars running over people in the game, but I imagine now people are complaining about lions being loose in the kingdom. We are a complain-y bunch here.
It's my favorite too! Just makes me sad it'll most likely be a timed event. I don't want to spend anymore real money on this game to get all the characters or buildings.

I saw a screenshot posted in the comments of the chip & dale treehouse in Frontierland. If the rumors are true, that would support a livestream announcement for sure. Not gonna lie, I'll be watching on my lunch
Wow, can you provide a link?

I would love it if they were to open Frontier Land :)

Maybe they are doing a live event to announce the new land being opened? Or maybe it is a timed event but they are actually adding on to the main storyline as well so we will have more than 1 thing to work on at a time? Just trying to brainstorm here because that photo looks legit to me. Or maybe it's just me hoping!

Do we know when this update will be yet? Trying to decide if I should level anyone up. Thanks

Still trying to welcome Chief Bogo. Despite trying for 5 days, I only have 4 Hats and 5 Badges. I haven't bought Flash yet. Is he worth the gems? I have plenty of gems so I'll have enough for the new event when it begins.

Flash has a four hour activity that might drop Judy ears, Nick ears, or Chief Bogo's badges. One other (60 min) tasks drops either Pawpsicles or carrot pens and can be a guest wish. I found he was helpful for all of the Zootopia characters, but mostly because his tasks were shorter than the other characters (e.g., you could start Flash three times in the amount of time it takes Chip to explore Donald's boat).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter