Disney Magic Kingdoms

During the event I was able to finish the Bride off at 10 and now she and the two Haunted Mansions are back in storage.

In other news:
Yzma - three potions away from 10
Gord - 18 hats away from 10

Lock - 7 (3 hats away from 8)
Shock - 4
Barrel - 7

Mandalorian - 6
Yoda Kid - 3
Kwiil - 5
Cara - 5
Not Lando - 5

For the most part, I'm only leveling characters up from these last two sets are they are all complete to level up. Slowing things down a bit maybe, but I don't care anymore.

Much to my shock, I have officially finished the event! (Got the Thanks for playing screen.) This is only the second event I've ever actually completed (Coco was the other), and only the third time I've gotten the final character (got Ian from Onward at the last moment but didn't complete the event tasks).

The Child ear hat drop rate is totally wonky for me. I’ve not had one drop for two days. I’ve been three ear hats away since Wednesday evening. I’ve had time to play and have been checking in during the day for the 4 or 6 hour missions. I’ve been trying to collect them ever since they were available as I hit the time wall for him a couple of days before he was available. I’ll purchase the missing ones tomorrow if I need to. Cara drop rates were were much better for me. How long is it to welcome him?

The Child ear hat drop rate is totally wonky for me. I’ve not had one drop for two days. I’ve been three ear hats away since Wednesday evening. I’ve had time to play and have been checking in during the day for the 4 or 6 hour missions. I’ve been trying to collect them ever since they were available as I hit the time wall for him a couple of days before he was available. I’ll purchase the missing ones tomorrow if I need to. Cara drop rates were were much better for me. How long is it to welcome him?

I believe it was 4 hours? It you look at his welcome screen it should say.

During the event I was able to finish the Bride off at 10 and now she and the two Haunted Mansions are back in storage.

In other news:
Yzma - three potions away from 10
Gord - 18 hats away from 10

Lock - 7 (3 hats away from 8)
Shock - 4
Barrel - 7

Mandalorian - 6
Yoda Kid - 3
Kwiil - 5
Cara - 5
Not Lando - 5

For the most part, I'm only leveling characters up from these last two sets are they are all complete to level up. Slowing things down a bit maybe, but I don't care anymore.

Looks like you had a good lead on me for TENG and Gord. I did really decrease my play for a week or two after those events. Think I might be doing the same after this one.

Kuzco - READY TO MAX
Kronk - READY TO MAX
Yzma - 8
Gord - 8

Bride - 9
Lock - 7
Shock - 5
Barrel - 7

Mando - 6
The Child - 2 (should be ready for 3 before event ends)
Kuiil - 4
Cara Dune - 5
Apollo Creed -5

I really hope this is the last event for awhile, I’d really like to complete about half of these characters before the next one. That said, I have a feeling they’ll be giving us something around Christmas.

Well there’s a little over 14 hrs to go and I only have 1/8 hover prams and 2/8 hats for baby yoda. Really not looking likely but hopefully I can collect some more pieces to make the gem cost a lot lower.
Luckily I work night shift so I will be awake to check the game.

Ugh. I haven't been able to pay attention to the game this week and I'm not even to the point of gathering the child's items. I didn't even realize it was going to end today til last night, but I didn't have Cara at 4 to do her 12 hr task, (had just leveled her to 3), so I knew I wouldn't be able to finish.

❓ Did they end up offering the final character after it ended last time? I actually have a gift card I'd be willing to use if they offer the child up for purchase, but they haven't offered yet with less than 4 hours remaining.

The difference in drop rates between players just floors me. I’m reading how easy The Child has been for you and I’m on the struggle bus over here. For example, Mickey has been sent in his 12 hour task twice a day for the past 4 days and he has never dropped a token for me. Not sure if he was like that for everyone but just an observation that is completely ridiculous.

❓ Anyone know how many gems it would cost to buy the child's tokens if I managed to get him unlocked before time?

❓ Anyone know how many gems it would cost to buy the child's tokens if I managed to get him unlocked before time?

I think each ear hat was something like 47 gems, but I finally got my last one this morning, so I can't check. Please check the special offers tab on the upper right, because I am pretty sure he is available to just purchase if you are too far away with gems/tokens. Should be this bundle
  • The Child Bundle: $14.99(The Child +2 Concession Chests)

It's easy to miss the pop up with the offer sometimes. I can't remember when it popped up for me, but Cara may need to be level 4 already for it to be available.

*edited to add: The ability to purchase the bundle will disappear when the event ends, so if you are going to buy it, make sure you do it before event end. After that, The Child will only be in chests.

I had terrible drop rates yesterday, but am finally welcoming The Child now, and don't care about not finishing the event after that.

I ended up getting everything in The Mandolorian event, but the Child's Pram tokens took me until the last day to get them.

Nice thing about the event, though, was that I picked up 400K in magic, and got through the Mowgli welcome and into the Bagheera welcome.

For the first time in quite some time I did not finish an event. I was doing well and hit all of the time walls. But I went almost 3 full days with no ear hat drops for the Child even though I had everyone possible concentrating solely on the ear hats. I did end up getting the Child but it wasn't until about 6 hours before the end of the event so I could not complete the final tasks. Not a big deal but it does suck a little that you can do everything right and still be in danger of not welcoming the final character.

As far as Cara's ear hats, I don't know if this was the case for everyone, but I know having the Razor Crest helped a ton. I'd be willing to bet close to half of my hats for her came from that. I do wonder how long it would have taken otherwise. You shouldn't have to buy a premium item to finish an event though, imho. I was lucky to have had the gems available.

I had all of the previous Star Wars characters and thought that would be a huge advantage. Those of us that had them had many more token quest options, so it should be easy, right? I ended up using gems to get Cara Dune leveled up for the 12 hour task, and used more gems to skip that task. Powered through child token quests until the end and still ended up using another 180 gems toward him- all in think I spent around 300 gems to get him, but I really wanted him. Glad I didn’t use gems on amber chests, since that was only a chance of getting the tokens. What a grind-
Not surprised to see how many people didn’t get him. My well hoarded stash of gems is depleted.

I had all of the previous Star Wars characters and thought that would be a huge advantage. Those of us that had them had many more token quest options, so it should be easy, right? I ended up using gems to get Cara Dune leveled up for the 12 hour task, and used more gems to skip that task. Powered through child token quests until the end and still ended up using another 180 gems toward him- all in think I spent around 300 gems to get him, but I really wanted him. Glad I didn’t use gems on amber chests, since that was only a chance of getting the tokens. What a grind-
Not surprised to see how many people didn’t get him. My well hoarded stash of gems is depleted.
But what is important to you is that you have him. I really wanted him also, but my drops were fair but very slow. I got him the next to last day.

Hahaha, this mini event started 10 min ago and my leader already has 19 blurrgs. At 5 every 2 hours. They must REALLY want that plush stand!

ETA -in the time it took me to post that, they jumped up to 45. Hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter