Disney Magic Kingdoms

I don’t hate this in concept, the aspect of upgrading not just characters but attraction and lands could be a nice change of just grind for character tokens, but the execution is terrible. Especially for such a mediocre reward. After a point, Magic feels pretty useless, I can’t even think of when I would think “do I have enough magic for that?” and I’m “only” just over 10mil.

Without land expansion, the thrill levels require removing attractions to replace with decorations and concessions, which I don’t care how much a like eating a churro on a park bench, I’m not trading Gaston’s tavern and Astro orbiter in order to do it.

Also annoyed it’s going to be difficult to see which characters at home can collect useful tokens, trying to ignore the enchantments. I put out loads of concessions, stands etc but the number hasn’t changed on the thrill level - how do we complete the requests? Thought I just had to put them in my park. And do I need to only complete four of those green bars to do level 1? Just want to get rid of the quest
I've felt that what they need to do is show the token(s) that each character could be collecting for on their profile picture BEFORE we select them to put them back into the park only to learn that they drop balloons or balls. Waste of my damn time.

You have to place the items in the California Screaming area at this point for it to count. Four for Level 1.i got mine to level 2 by junking up my California Screaming area. But list that when I put them back to get ready for Nemo. So not going to do the Thrill area any more and mess up my Kingdom. As long as they don’t reduce the magic I generally get I just don’t see the need. Maybe for new players it will help.
Ah right, thanks. I don’t have enough stuff to put out, I sold all the decorations. Very annoying. Just waiting to fill one more request and then I can put my buildings back again!

I've felt that what they need to do is show the token(s) that each character could be collecting for on their profile picture BEFORE we select them to put them back into the park only to learn that they drop balloons or balls. Waste of my damn time.
I agree. At the moment I’m trying to memorise what the characters collect so I don’t have to return them, find out they only collect rubbish, and have to store them again

I don’t hate this in concept, the aspect of upgrading not just characters but attraction and lands could be a nice change of just grind for character tokens, but the execution is terrible. Especially for such a mediocre reward. After a point, Magic feels pretty useless, I can’t even think of when I would think “do I have enough magic for that?” and I’m “only” just over 10mil.

Without land expansion, the thrill levels require removing attractions to replace with decorations and concessions, which I don’t care how much a like eating a churro on a park bench, I’m not trading Gaston’s tavern and Astro orbiter in order to do it.
So you wouldn't trade Gaston's Tavern for a statue of Gaston? C'mon... you know you would.

Agreed that this whole convoluted process is total horse sh*t. Like the guys in white carrying brooms and dust bins walking behind the parade animals level of horse sh*t. 🐎🌰 🧹🚶

Why do I think we're getting more magic by just the attractions out than the extra magic we would earn through this enchantment nonsense?

Also really wish they would create a character tab that would place EVERY character that can still be leveled in it. Similar to the visiting home tab. It’s always a PITA when they rearrange character tabs with each update and usually place a group of characters we’re working on leveling from the top of the character window, to the bottom.
This would make leveling up characters so much easier.

Also really wish they would create a character tab that would place EVERY character that can still be leveled in it. Similar to the visiting home tab. It’s always a PITA when they rearrange character tabs with each update and usually place a group of characters we’re working on leveling from the top of the character window, to the bottom.
This would make leveling up characters so much easier.
And while they're at it ignoring all of our good suggestions, perhaps moving the "Send Home" option to the space directly below the final token-collecting task. Scrolling through Mickey's seemingly endless list of tasks that cannot be done without an attraction or costume is super frustrating. Red Mickey balloon, then "send home". The rest of the non-token tasks are completely useless at this point.

Don’t care that much about this event, and I love Finding Nemo. Think I’m just burned out on the game. I check maybe 2-3x a day. Still in it for the characters but could care less about these supposed updates they keep rolling out.

I’ve gotten back into Sim City buildit which I like because I can go at my own pace...right now I’m still grinding to open up land and storage but I can play as little or as much as I want and not have to worry about citizens happiness dropping 🙄

Not new by any stretch, but the dumbest is characters having duplicate timed tasks. Mickey has 4 2hr task, 3 2hr with each Minnie & Goofy, about half of which take place inside buildings and thus have no animation. And it’s present in most characters, especially the early ones. Any time spent to code those task was a complete waste of time.

Meanwhile I have 92 characters at home, serving no purpose whatsoever. Give me a 24 hr task with a 50/50 chance to drop a blueprint, anything to make these characters useful.

Why isn't the place tab for concessions, planters, scenery, etc organized in a logical manner. Should be able to sort so I can make sure I'm placing 50 benches without having to scroll for an hour looking for them.

Thursday starts for events always catch me off guard. For some reason events always feel like they should start on a Friday to me. So off course I sent out most of the characters that collect for Nemo and Bruce out on longer missions right before the event started. The good news is it doesn’t mater since I can’t welcome anyone for 11 hours anyways. :rotfl: So glad we can only level 1 character at a time.

We all know this is coming right? Hope you guys have been saving those precious blueprints, LOL... and this is only for the first two characters...

Nemo - Fish Tank Accessory Token
Submarine Voyage, 4h (level 3 enchantment)

Bruce - Dangerous Balloon Token
Crush's Coaster, 8h (level 2 enchantment)

Bruce - Bruce Ears Token
Crush's Coaster, 8h (level 4 enchantment)

We all know this is coming right? Hope you guys have been saving those precious blueprints, LOL... and this is only for the first two characters...

Nemo - Fish Tank Accessory Token
Submarine Voyage, 4h (level 3 enchantment)

Bruce - Dangerous Balloon Token
Crush's Coaster, 8h (level 2 enchantment)

Bruce - Bruce Ears Token
Crush's Coaster, 8h (level 4 enchantment)

So glad they simplified everything with the attraction enhancement feature so we can now spend all those resources and time enchanting those buildings to 2, 3, and 4. It’s so much less confusing than the previous system when buildings just had the items to begin with. :thumbsup2

Yeah, so I've been having some issues with the latest update. Or at least, the update/changes that are supposed to be there.

First, regarding the whole thrill zones/magic pedestals thing, how does that work? I see people posting screenshots of needing x number of decorations, concessions, and attractions, but how do you access that information? I try clicking/tapping on the magic pedestals, nothing happens.

Second, the Finding Marlin event doesn't seem to be working for me. I get this message:

I already have the Costume Shop and California Screamin' unlocked (and all of the Moana characters).
According to this link, Mickey's pirate costume needs to be unlocked, to access time-limited events (and mine is, and currently equipped).
It also says that Zurg must be defeated before the thrill zone/magic pedestal thing can be activated (and he already was defeated several months ago).

Yeah, so I've been having some issues with the latest update. Or at least, the update/changes that are supposed to be there.

First, regarding the whole thrill zones/magic pedestals thing, how does that work? I see people posting screenshots of needing x number of decorations, concessions, and attractions, but how do you access that information? I try clicking/tapping on the magic pedestals, nothing happens.

Second, the Finding Marlin event doesn't seem to be working for me. I get this message:
View attachment 424051

I already have the Costume Shop and California Screamin' unlocked (and all of the Moana characters).
According to this link, Mickey's pirate costume needs to be unlocked, to access time-limited events (and mine is, and currently equipped).
It also says that Zurg must be defeated before the thrill zone/magic pedestal thing can be activated (and he already was defeated several months ago).
Just tap on California Screaming to see the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!