Disney Magic Kingdoms

On the plus side - just sent Dumbo to be upgraded to level 10 so finally done with him and use of the mouse (still don't have the ringmaster though)

So new Tower Challenge just started and I've decided that I'll send characters on tasks to collect tokens but am mostly playing to collect Malificient tokens to convert to gems at the end. The last few challenges I've fallen short at the end to get the character, sometimes by just a few tokens. I wish they'd make the tokens available to buy with elixirs and the character available to get with magic for a short time when an event ends for those that come close. But of course that doesn't make them money.

Has anyone else noticed that their parades have stopped giving out gems since the latest update. I don't believe I've had one gem drop since. Lots of magic, and a few tokens, but no gems.

Also, this new event is one that I will be sitting out completely. I could really care less about 3 hyena's. It actually feels like a nice relief to not have to constantly be checking in every hour or two. I'll continue to play casually, leveling up my current dwindling list of characters to 10. I've logged 1003 days in my calendar, and like many others, I used to absolutely love playing this game, but with all the changes recently, I find myself playing less, caring less, and wondering how much longer I will be able to continue.

I opened the chest in today's calendar and saw that I ended up with a refresh cocoa which seemed like an odd thing to receive. After a few seconds it dawned on me... oh yeah, a new tower challenge has started. I just don't look forward to new events the way that I used to. I think it may have to do with the fact that the game has evolved into a non-stop grinding for tokens.

From reddit...
Featured collections for chapter 2 (P&tF) and 3 (LM)

Attachments

• C6161177-B76F-4CF4-A58C-A3DF72C80864.png
    C6161177-B76F-4CF4-A58C-A3DF72C80864.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 1D10EDD3-5F5C-4657-AEFE-C473DE823D5F.png
    1D10EDD3-5F5C-4657-AEFE-C473DE823D5F.png
    290 KB · Views: 62
My original plan was to completely ignore/skip the ride enchantments unless they are beneficial for a token drop. But after today’s ‘gift’ I’ve realized that will be impossible and it’s even more annoying than I initially thought.... ugh 🤬 interns
Just be happy that the enchantment bubbles are now gone from certain attractions for the time being. So damn annoying to try to clear the magic only to have the stupid enchantment window pop up. I second your sentiment there at the end of your post.

Had anyone else noticed the Lion King characters token drop issue? When it first started, the Lion King characters all had a least 1 or 2 token drops for a hyena, which I thought was strange but hey, I’ll send them out. Then when I collected, they all care back empty handed so I checked them again the tokens were gone. I assumed it was a glitch they caught but now they are back again. 🙄

Has anyone else noticed that their parades have stopped giving out gems since the latest update. I don't believe I've had one gem drop since. Lots of magic, and a few tokens, but no gems.
I've received several gems from parades, so maybe your recent drop rates just haven't been stellar.

Well I had to use gems on Ed... I never spend gems on characters anymore but obviously have to have all the LK characters. Hopefully can get the other 2 hyenas but they make these events almost impossible if you can’t log on your phone every hour and I can’t while I’m working.

Well I had to use gems on Ed... I never spend gems on characters anymore but obviously have to have all the LK characters. Hopefully can get the other 2 hyenas but they make these events almost impossible if you can’t log on your phone every hour and I can’t while I’m working.

well you should get one ad it is from tokens only one is from the Tower Challegen and one from Gems.

Now that I've had the new update for a bit, these are my thoughts:

Chests
Very happy to be able to open them instantly, but I'm irritated that I rarely get Happiness from them. They definitely do not seem to show up as often as they used to.

Building Enchantments
Pretty useless for long-time players. Only the newest Toy Story attractions have the potential to give me anything I may use. I plan to upgrade buildings as I need to in order to get rid of the annoying bubble that shows up when they're ready. The balloon/Pixar ball tokens are easy enough to get if I need them later. I do not plan on collecting for them constantly, and have already sent those characters collecting only those items home (especially since the other items needed are taking FOREVER). Quite frankly, I'd be really annoyed if I had all these buildings before the update and was getting tokens from them, only to have that taken away until I enchant everything. The only building I have that was really affected in this way for me was the new Star Adventure attraction, and the gift we were given to make up for it allowed me to enchant the building to the point that it's dropping useful tokens again. They definitely never should have messed with the buildings that people bought with elixir or gems.

Happiness
Does seem improved for me. It's definitely dropping slower. Biggest improvement has been that I actually have people consistently wanting wishes granted. Even when I dip into Joyous territory, I can get myself back to Ecstatic pretty quickly.

Tower Challenge
Haven't changed my mind about sitting this one out. The hyenas are not enticing me at all, and I have literally nowhere to put the concession stands that can be earned. I have everything else they're offering. This is the first event I've deliberately skipped, and I'm feeling pretty great about it, honestly.

Bunny
OMG, I don't think I'll ever be done. I'm barely halfway to having all his ear hats. Ugh!

Chests
Very happy to be able to open them instantly, but I'm irritated that I rarely get Happiness from them. They definitely do not seem to show up as often as they used to.

Agree! While it still may have some flaws/issues, it’s a vast improvement over the pedestals.

Building Enchantments
Pretty useless for long-time players. Only the newest Toy Story attractions have the potential to give me anything I may use. I plan to upgrade buildings as I need to in order to get rid of the annoying bubble that shows up when they're ready. The balloon/Pixar ball tokens are easy enough to get if I need them later. I do not plan on collecting for them constantly, and have already sent those characters collecting only those items home (especially since the other items needed are taking FOREVER). Quite frankly, I'd be really annoyed if I had all these buildings before the update and was getting tokens from them, only to have that taken away until I enchant everything. The only building I have that was really affected in this way for me was the new Star Adventure attraction, and the gift we were given to make up for it allowed me to enchant the building to the point that it's dropping useful tokens again. They definitely never should have messed with the buildings that people bought with elixir or gems.

Also agee! They have made it abundantly clear that buildings, attractions and stands are basically worthless. Not sure why they continue wasting there time building special ones or stands? Oh, who am I kidding, it’s obviously because they want to part people with there money. Maybe if the actually gave us a lot of land now and again, we’d be tempted to care about them,

Happiness
Does seem improved for me. It's definitely dropping slower. Biggest improvement has been that I actually have people consistently wanting wishes granted. Even when I dip into Joyous territory, I can get myself back to Ecstatic pretty quickly.

While it was improved from there previous 🤬 🤬, they shouldn’t get any credit for “improving” something they broke, but it still being considerably worse than it was before breaking it.

Tower Challenge
Haven't changed my mind about sitting this one out. The hyenas are not enticing me at all, and I have literally nowhere to put the concession stands that can be earned. I have everything else they're offering. This is the first event I've deliberately skipped, and I'm feeling pretty great about it, honestly.

Sadly, they have taken any specialness out of TC’s and events. Sure, some might get excited, if it’s a movie they were looking forward to, but I honestly can’t tell you the last time I was excited by any of them?

Bunny
OMG, I don't think I'll ever be done. I'm barely halfway to having all his ear hats. Ugh!

I understand the frustration, but you will eventually get there! I welcomed Bunny last night.

Chests

Building Enchantments

Happiness

Tower Challenge

Bunny

I like you don’t mine the changes. I do not plan to try for Sendai, I started after Lion King and only have Pumba so want Nala and Timon to extend my Lion King set. I missed about the first 9 or 10 months.

Had anyone else noticed the Lion King characters token drop issue? When it first started, the Lion King characters all had a least 1 or 2 token drops for a hyena, which I thought was strange but hey, I’ll send them out. Then when I collected, they all care back empty handed so I checked them again the tokens were gone. I assumed it was a glitch they caught but now they are back again. 🙄

yeah, one of the hyenas you get via dropped tokens like a regular character, one you get via the Tower challenge, and one is gems (300) .... not sure why yours disappeared for a bit

Hi guys. I'm with the camp that does not really care about 3 soon to be worthless hyenas. I get that the interns wanted to do some type of tie-in with the movie...but seriously...these characters are a poor choice in my opinion. Maybe 1 hyena, but 3??? That's just lazy. I'm not spending the gems on Ed, but will work on the free ones...just for no other reason than it's something to do. I'll save my gems for the Frozen tie-in later this year.

I have no LK characters so using this tower challenge to get some. I won’t get the character reward but am OK with that.

In general I’m not really liking the latest update, too hard to get building tokens without gambling, and I refuse to gamble. Though they tweaked the happiness drop, they made it harder to get with the cues update so net result isn’t probably worse. I haven’t quite pulled the switch on it yet, still just enough interest for me, but I’m sure at some point I’ll call it a day. I haven’t spent money for 6 months and don’t intend to, and that is a change from how i used to play. I think it was the crickee TC that did it for me in terms of spending money.

I noticed this morning that the character kiosk gave stars and Magic. Is this new? I could swear I only got magic before the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter