Disney Magic Kingdoms

Ha...just you wait until we are logging in every hour once the TC begins!!! You'll be on DMK time then. We'll be lucky to have time to walk our pets. We'll only be able to eat pizza delivery and don't even think about sleeping. What if the sneaky interns drops a gold trophy mini challenge?!? They worked really really hard on this TC, the least we can do is devote every minute to them in appreciation! !! As far as other games....forget it. It's 100% DMK or nothing!!!
Lol I looked at my battery usage and more of it actually goes towards my Animal Crossing game. I think that's because when I play DMK it's a brief check-in, but when I play Animal Crossing game it takes me awhile and I actually enjoy going around to my different animals.

Lol I looked at my battery usage and more of it actually goes towards my Animal Crossing game. I think that's because when I play DMK it's a brief check-in, but when I play Animal Crossing game it takes me awhile and I actually enjoy going around to my different animals.
I love Animal Crossing. But I play it on consoles. I even did their Happy Home Design and bought the amiibo cards for the campsite. The concept is soooo cute. I think my favorite part is Redd with his devious art forgeries. Really looking forward to the new release for the Switch this year.
Way off forum topic though...I'll fix my egregious error by saying "Nothing holds a candle to DMK though!!!" (Think the intern spies bought it?) Yeah, I think we are ok...

Since I'm behind I do like the Tower Challenges because I ALWAYS get something new from them whether it be an attraction or a character. I doubt very highly I will get LeFou and that's okay
I'm at a stage where I have the older characters/attractions offered during the TC (because they seem to offer the same ones over and over again) but still don't have enough of the other characters at level 10 (or at all) that help in the TC to get the special end character.

So basically, TC at the moment are pretty useless for me. More time to focus on the rest of the game, I guess. Honestly the last TC was really pleasant since I only collected Mulan and could ignore the rest of it. It's like a pleasant little break where I don't have to worry about them suddenly springing another event on us.

Last edited:

I actually like the Tower events (although feels like we just had one) as can get some new concessions and a new character without using any gems typically and does let newer players get some of the prior characters

Now to figure out what attractions to move to the plot of land!

I reread my post and obviously what I read in my head was not what I wrote. What I meant was that I like the fact that the TC is “designed for newer players and gives them the opportunity to get characters and attractions that they might have missed out on.” and that is what they should only focus on, not a new character. And this is exactly what I like about the TC. I just wish that LeFou was part of thr content update, and didn’t require participation in the TC. Whatever amount of EC we can collect from the TC should be able to purchase items, including stuff for LeFou during the event and/or after.
I can't see Gameloft running an event in which only a segment of their players can participate. I wonder what the ratio of new to veteran players is at this point. And what would they consider "new"? If they only had the event to collect old characters and buildings, then what would the point of the rest of us playing, if not to possibly earn a new character like LeFou?

The patch notes say the update is coming today, has anyone gotten it yet? Don’t see it for ios yet.

The Dumbo float can be purchased for 50 gems, or won from a gold chest as a Legendary level reward. Fortunately they are coincidentally running a sale on a six pack of gold chests at the moment :sad2:

FYI for newer players - the Dumbo float opens immediately for 50 gems, but all other content plus the land expansion is locked until "more kingdom quests are completed" meaning completing the Peter Pan collection and main storyline. So, no rush to update if you haven't completed the previously existing storyline quests.

Is it just me, or does that stupid cricket seem to be going a lot more quickly than the Mayor did? I've already got him up to 9.

He is coming along more quickly. Your ahead of mine which is level 8 and a little over half way to 9.

I can't see Gameloft running an event in which only a segment of their players can participate. I wonder what the ratio of new to veteran players is at this point. And what would they consider "new"? If they only had the event to collect old characters and buildings, then what would the point of the rest of us playing, if not to possibly earn a new character like LeFou?

But it wouldn’t be. You could keep it exactly the same way as it is right now, but make LeFou permanent content and not required to welcome him before the event ends. Players like us would still participate, because we’d be buying items (EC) to speed up the welcome much earlier. It would give the added advantage of letting players like @Haley R have the ability to add characters/ attractions they don’t have and welcome LeFou at a later date. Right now they need to choose and likely can’t get both.

Well, at least now I don't have to agonize over whether to buy him or save what gems I have for the next event. Dumbo and Timothy will have to do.
This will effectively wipe out my gems, but it will hurt a lot more forever staring at a grayed out character than it will an empty gem stockpile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter