Disney Magic Kingdoms

Yep, the gem conversion was a little underwhelming. :rotfl:

Don’t want to brag or make you feel bad, but I hit level 60 last night and got 2 gems and I think 2.5K magic. I’ve got so many plans on how to use that haul. :thumbsup2
2 gems!?! Seriously????? No way. I'm currently at level 59 almost at 60. I'm going to make sure I log in as much as possible to hit 60. I had no idea that such a treasure is on the horizon. If I can earn those 2 gems and add it to the generous gift of 1 I got today...I'll have 3!!!!! 3 whole reward gems. Omg...whatever will I buy? Something special and exclusive for sure. I'll be a very lucky lucky girl. Gameloft is extremely generous when it comes to rewarding loyal players. Wow...this is exciting.Thanks for the heads up:tongue:

I’ve stayed at Port Orleans Riverside several times. We stayed at a royal room a few years ago. It’s princess themed, but the idea is that these are rooms for Tiana’s guests. So while there are a variety of different princess decor, there a note from Tiana, and the headboards light up, and I think if you stay elsewhere on property, instead of princess theming, they have Louis on the pillows (though they may have removed that after an actual gator ate a guest at the Grand Floridian).

But regardless of the changes, I’m still calling it Dixie Landings. After 9/11, they shut down French Quarter, hoping to fill more rooms there. I think that’s when they changed the name to not only include Port Orleans, but make it Riverside as well.

One time there was a large rowdy Brazilian teenaged group staying there, so whenever they showed up, everyone else would get out of line and take the bus to French Quarter instead. So we stopped and had the only beignets WDW has to offer. They weren’t Mickey shaped like at DL’s New Orleans Square. They were traditional, like the way Tiana made them. The resort quick service restaurant was marti gras themed with a splash of PatF thrown in. FQ feels like PatF at the beginning and end of the film, while Riverside feels like the Cajun voodoo swamplands, with a few southern plantations thrown in.
The beignets at pofq are Mickey shaped now too. We didn’t like them as much because they were too dense.

Tianas a hottie. He’ll be missing out. It’s not the typical damsel in distress movie either.

I think the biggest problem it had was the title. It has Princess right in the name. This is why Rapunzel was titled “Tangled,” and gave like half the movie to a guy. And why the Snow Queen was named “Frozen” and had enough male characters to keep the interest of little boys afraid of getting cooties. Had they named PatF “Ribbit”, it probably would’ve been much more successful. After all, the majority of the supporting characters were men.
Did....did you just call a cartoon character a hottie?

Yep, the gem conversion was a little underwhelming. :rotfl:

Don’t want to brag or make you feel bad, but I hit level 60 last night and got 2 gems and I think 2.5K magic. I’ve got so many plans on how to use that haul. :thumbsup2

You know that's it now? Never again, will you experience the joy of leveling up and claiming your solitary gem.

The beignets at pofq are Mickey shaped now too. We didn’t like them as much because they were too dense.

Ah man! That’s a shame! Having tried both, I preferred the traditional square ones. I remember standing in line for these and other guests were wondering if they were any good. I told them that I wasn’t even staying at the resort, but made a special trip just for these.

Did....did you just call a cartoon character a hottie?

Rule 34

Last edited:
Tianas a hottie. He’ll be missing out. It’s not the typical damsel in distress movie either.

I think the biggest problem it had was the title. It has Princess right in the name. This is why Rapunzel was titled “Tangled,” and gave like half the movie to a guy. And why the Snow Queen was named “Frozen” and had enough male characters to keep the interest of little boys afraid of getting cooties. Had they named PatF “Ribbit”, it probably would’ve been much more successful. After all, the majority of the supporting characters were men.
Unfortunately, I think you're correct. I remember hearing about the whole name-game thing online awhile ago(even though the guy DOES share the title, ..."and the Frog"!). Shame that some people need to be tricked to go see good movies. Kids today!

Last edited:
I like tangled a lot more but princess and the frog is still decent.

And I like Tangled fine, but PatF more. I think for me a couple of factors are that I like the early 20th Century American setting, and the New Orleans Jazz / Bayou-influenced score. That opening to Down in New Orleans makes me smile, and that big finish to Freinds on the Other Side is great.

Will do - I think I will start by going through and any attractions I just don’t care about or don’t look that good/do much/etc and take those off - figure even getting ride of 10 or so would provide some more room to play around a bit

Only exception is if if they are trophy drop ones. This is he best list I found for that:
Attractions / Concessions Time
Goofy's Playhouse 60m
Mickey's PhilharMagic 2h
The Incredibles House 2h
Al's Toy Barn 4h
Primeval Whirl 4h
Zootopia Race Track 4h
Jumpin' Jellyfish 8h
Splash Mountain 8h
The Jolly Roger 8h
Premium
Aurora's Spinning Wheel 60m
Pluto's House 60m
Fantasia Gardens and Fairways 2h
San Fransokyo City 4h
The Kraken 4h
Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop 4h
Enchanted Tiki Room 6h

So these are the ones that do drop and I should keep? Or these are the ones that are safe to get rid of?

Ok, I broke the seal and started putting away attractions to make some more room - overall I picked attractions that I just didn't care for, seemed fairly static, took up more room than they should, etc. I did cross reference with the list of attractions that drop trophies and ensures all of those were left out

I had already put away the Omnidroid City and I don't have Steamboat Willie, the Animation Academy, nor the new China Pavilion. So in addition to those I put aweay
- Magic Lamp Theater
- Sword in the Stone
- Omnidroid Obstacle Course
- Syndrome Zero Point Energy Rings
- The Meadow (might put that back as small)
- Troll Knoll
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Golden Afternoon (also might put that back as not too big)
- White Rabbit House
- Tweedle's Wacky Fairway
- Seven Dwarf's Cottage
- Rabbits House
- Lilo's House
- Lahui Beach
- 'Ohana
- Frederickson Gardens
- Ito Ishioka Robtic Lab

so 17 + the 4 I didn't have/have out, 21 in total away

This was rather freeing as now have more room to play with ... I was able to group the remaining ones together much better (put all Pirate things in Adventurland, etc.)

The other thing I did was to put the 3 1 hour trophy collecting attractions and the 3 2 hour collecting ones near each other to make collecting those more efficient

I also took the time to go through my concessions and ensured I had 1 and only 1 of each out and gave any extra to Merlin

I now have 2 large plots near Cali Screaming free (figure will use one for Princess and the Frog stuff) and a couple of other smaller open areas. Probably can free up a bit more if needed

So I think was for the best, set me up pretty well for next event and didn't take too, too long (just don't have it in me to totally take everything off and fully restart)

Ok, I broke the seal and started putting away attractions to make some more room - overall I picked attractions that I just didn't care for, seemed fairly static, took up more room than they should, etc. I did cross reference with the list of attractions that drop trophies and ensures all of those were left out

I had already put away the Omnidroid City and I don't have Steamboat Willie, the Animation Academy, nor the new China Pavilion. So in addition to those I put aweay
- Magic Lamp Theater
- Sword in the Stone
- Omnidroid Obstacle Course
- Syndrome Zero Point Energy Rings
- The Meadow (might put that back as small)
- Troll Knoll
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Golden Afternoon (also might put that back as not too big)
- White Rabbit House
- Tweedle's Wacky Fairway
- Seven Dwarf's Cottage
- Rabbits House
- Lilo's House
- Lahui Beach
- 'Ohana
- Frederickson Gardens
- Ito Ishioka Robtic Lab

so 17 + the 4 I didn't have/have out, 21 in total away

This was rather freeing as now have more room to play with ... I was able to group the remaining ones together much better (put all Pirate things in Adventurland, etc.)

The other thing I did was to put the 3 1 hour trophy collecting attractions and the 3 2 hour collecting ones near each other to make collecting those more efficient

I also took the time to go through my concessions and ensured I had 1 and only 1 of each out and gave any extra to Merlin

I now have 2 large plots near Cali Screaming free (figure will use one for Princess and the Frog stuff) and a couple of other smaller open areas. Probably can free up a bit more if needed

So I think was for the best, set me up pretty well for next event and didn't take too, too long (just don't have it in me to totally take everything off and fully restart)

Would love to see pics of your layout!

I had already put away the Omnidroid City and I don't have Steamboat Willie, the Animation Academy, nor the new China Pavilion.
I don't have the China or Steamboat attractions either. My current park has two Lion King attractions in storage, with everything else out. There are two patches of land where I somehow can only fit two attractions. Neither of those is incredibly large, so that seems odd. I haven't moved Omnidroid city from its original spot. Now that we're getting four (?) new attractions, I'll have to shelve four to replace them. Guess it will all depend on how large they are, and what this new 'enhancement' to the buildings really turns out to be. As it is, most buildings are a full row of squares too large on either side. Cutting down the footprint would be a nice start.

It would be extremely helpful if you could try and move an attraction that a character is currently in. That has frustrated me in the past when trying to squeeze things in or move things around.

At least they finally tended to the layout situation in this next update,looking forward to that.

In my case,it seems there are A LOT of attractions that can be stored,I'll just return them if needed.

In Storage:

Mickey's Fun Wheel
Mickey's House
Mickey's Philharmagic
Goofy's Playhouse
Al's Toy Barn
Fantasia Gardens and Fairways
Astro Orbiters
Pizza Planet
Daisy's Diner
Monsters Inc.Laugh Floor
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
Minnie's House
Cyclops Sushi
Pixie Hollow
Rapunzel's Tower
Space Traders
Jet Packs
The Magic Lamp Theater
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Sword in the Stone
Donald's Boat
Fairy Hut
Snuggly Duckling
Syndrome's Zero Point Energy Rings
Sea Serpent Swing
Zootopia P.D.
Little Rodentia
The Meadow
Jungle River Drift
Baloo's Oasis
Jack's House
Broomstick Graveyard
Hollywood Tower of Terror
Elsa's Ice Palace
Arendelle Skating Rink
Traning Camp
Beast's Castle
Festival of the Lion King
Streets of Agrabah
Genie's Lamp Show
The Lotus Fountain
The Golden Afternoon
White Rabbit's House
The Tweedle's Wacky Fairway(suddenly questioning why there are two mini golf attractions?)
Alice in Wonderland
Seven Dwarfs' Cottage
Magic Mirror on the Wall
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Rabbit's House
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Pooh's Hunny Hunt
Lilo's House
Lahui Beach
'Ohana
Lucky Cat Cafe
Frederickson Grounds
Ariel's Grotto
Atlantica
The Internet

Remaining:

Princess Dressing Rooms
Kaa's Jungle Gym(needed for task)
meet and greet hall("")
Jessie's Snack Round Up("")
Fantasy Faire("")
Prince Charming's Regal Caroussel("")
Tortuga Tavern("")
Fantasmic!(drops Apprentice Mickey's costume pieces)
Ursula's grotto(drops tokens)
Ancestral Shrine("")
And all my special concession stands.

I am SO SORRY for these long lists!

Last edited:
I keep seeing this new layout tool mentioned. What is it supposed to do? How will it help?

Based on the Facebook stream there are two things:
1) they are making it a bit easy to move/arrange things by having shaded yellow grads outside the building grid to show what you would overlap if you more in that direction. They are also adding “nudge arrows” so you can shift something just one spot easier, and lastly it is just supposed to be smoother now when moving things
2) they are adding the ability to move things into storage easier (can do entire kingdom or just one area and all building or just attraction, concessions, or decorations)

That’s it

So they aren’t adding areas or changings size of building footprints or anything like that - still won’t be able to fit anything more than in the past .... just making it easier to redo your park if you want really

I don't have the China or Steamboat attractions either. My current park has two Lion King attractions in storage, with everything else out. There are two patches of land where I somehow can only fit two attractions. Neither of those is incredibly large, so that seems odd. I haven't moved Omnidroid city from its original spot. Now that we're getting four (?) new attractions, I'll have to shelve four to replace them. Guess it will all depend on how large they are, and what this new 'enhancement' to the buildings really turns out to be. As it is, most buildings are a full row of squares too large on either side. Cutting down the footprint would be a nice start.

From what I saw the new enhancement won’t allow you to fit any more than you could t the past, just let’s you be a bit finer with your movements of buildings to be more exact - but everything will still take up same room

I agree that cutting the footprint or even just rounding off the corners or some would hel as a lot of times seems like just a corner or so prevents one from fitting something in a given spot

Based on the Facebook stream there are two things:
1) they are making it a bit easy to move/arrange things by having shaded yellow grads outside the building grid to show what you would overlap if you more in that direction. They are also adding “nudge arrows” so you can shift something just one spot easier, and lastly it is just supposed to be smoother now when moving things
2) they are adding the ability to move things into storage easier (can do entire kingdom or just one area and all building or just attraction, concessions, or decorations)

That’s it

So they aren’t adding areas or changings size of building footprints or anything like that - still won’t be able to fit anything more than in the past .... just making it easier to redo your park if you want really
That's kinda disappointing. I was hoping for something to alter the edges or overall sizes of attraction or the surrounding land. I guess it is something though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!