Disney Magic Kingdoms

ugh those are all character sets that I’ve been holding back from leveling so everyone is around 6

Do you need those three to participate? I thought you just needed mickeys pirate costume

You don't need every character to participate. I don't have Wall-E, so of course he's been featured in every single tower challenge... :rolleyes1 And I still do ok with them. Actually I think the tower challenge is great for newer players. Yeah, they might not get new character if they don't have enough of the ones you can play, but it's also a chance to get characters that aren't available anymore.

You don't need every character to participate. I don't have Wall-E, so of course he's been featured in every single tower challenge... :rolleyes1 And I still do ok with them. Actually I think the tower challenge is great for newer players. Yeah, they might not get new character if they don't have enough of the ones you can play, but it's also a chance to get characters that aren't available anymore.
I’m am waiting 24 hours to welcome Flynn if that tells anyone how far I am. Not super far and I don’t level up my characters unless it helps get tokens. I might not do so well with this challenge.

Update is live Tuesday, event Thursday

MAJOR CHANGE: When the challenge begins, the featured collection (NBC) will be locked until completing the event quest line.

New character is The Mayor.

Must have at least unlocked Mickey’s Pirate costume to access the event.

Chests got a cosmetic update.
Main Street is decorated for fall.
So if we don’t have the NBC characters to begin with, we can’t do the event quest line?

Oh well, not going to get anywhere with this next challenge as I don't have Jafar, Oogie Boogie or the Queen of Hearts.
I only have the Queen of Hearts. I haven't paid for anything to play this game and I'm not going to start. I know I didn't start when the game came out but I'm not that far behind. I will wait and see what happens when the event starts.

I'm at level 58. Still have a lot of characters to level up to 10.

So if we don’t have the NBC characters to begin with, we can’t do the event quest line?

I don’t think you would - just be able to use the other character sets to battle the Queen

Usually there is a chance to get characters from the old sets for people who don’t have them so maybe you will be able to get some of the TNBC characters through this to then be able to do the quests but not sure

Maybe they'll be drawing inspiration from the park's Not So Scary Halloween Party and have these villains come together for the witches of Hocus Pocus? They are pushing that movie big time right now.

I could see us getting a witch for each of the 3 segments of the Tower Challenge. Disney really is pushing that. Personally, I hope for more NBC characters.

While NBC is celebrating its 25th anniversary... ...so is Hocus Pocus. It’s a dated film that has somehow recently become a cult classic. I’m not sure if it’s as popular with anyone born after Y2K, though I know some adults who have only recently seen it for the first time in the last few years and they’ve enjoyed it. While Disney only recently added them to Mickeys NSSH, the majority of Disney fans have never gone to WDW during that event, if ever.

The film is so dated, yet still popular with an older generation that they are remaking the classic for a modern audience. I don’t think this will have a theatrical release, but even the original was only supposed to be a Disney Channel movie. This is the first year that I know of that the film has been rereleased to theaters, finally getting a showing in October. I think that was the problem. It was given a July release. You don’t go to see a Halloween movie in July unless you have absolutely nothing better to do and there’s nothing else better showing that you haven’t already seen. That was my family, but I’m glad we did it.

Realizing that there is money in merchandise, and only so much NBC products they can sell, they’ve decided to finally give this film the attention it deserves. Spencer’s Gifts, which own those Spirit Halloween stores that pop up every year, started selling HP products last year I believe. They now have a larger selection this year and can’t keep them in stock. They will definitely have to order a lot more for next year. The Disney Store has also started selling HP merch (but not much) this year. There is money in 90s nostalgia. Just as much as 80s nostalgia.

But while I really love the Sanderson Sisters, and would like to see them, their presence in the game, it would be as awkward as the Pirates OTC. Pirates, at least, have a park ride, and multiple movies. HP was pretty much forgotten until ABC family started airing it ONCE a year. Now they treat it like A Christmas Story and have 24 hour marathons. I don’t think this games targeted demographic has ever seen Hocus Pocus OR Pirates, or ever care to.

Anyone remember how long the tower challenges usually last? We leave for WDW in 3 weeks and I'm hoping it runs through the end of our trip because then I won't feel the need to participate!

For PP and other newer players (I am one): you probably won't need Oogie Boogie, the Queen of Hearts or Jafar. In other tower challenges you could earn a special character from a previous event. My guess is these characters are the ones you can earn during the challenge. This can be fun as you can earn a character that you really wouldn't have a chance of getting, but also a little depressing because you end up with one character from the set who has no friends, doesn't collect for anyone outside himself, and basically just ends up being "sent home." In the last one I was able to purchase Mrs. Potts and Dopey with gems so poor Grumpy and the Beast have playmates. Rabbit however is permanently stuck at level 3 because one of his requirements is only available through other Pooh characters (which I don't have) or a chest (this was one of the dumber "rewards." At least the others can be leveled up). So Rabbit has been sent away.

Also, be prepared to not finish or get the final reward. You just won't have the characters necessary to compete. This is why I'm not really upset about this challenge crossing our vacation and limited playing time. It's not like I'd be getting the final character anyway!

Anyone remember how long the tower challenges usually last? We leave for WDW in 3 weeks and I'm hoping it runs through the end of our trip because then I won't feel the need to participate!

For PP and other newer players (I am one): you probably won't need Oogie Boogie, the Queen of Hearts or Jafar. In other tower challenges you could earn a special character from a previous event. My guess is these characters are the ones you can earn during the challenge. This can be fun as you can earn a character that you really wouldn't have a chance of getting, but also a little depressing because you end up with one character from the set who has no friends, doesn't collect for anyone outside himself, and basically just ends up being "sent home." In the last one I was able to purchase Mrs. Potts and Dopey with gems so poor Grumpy and the Beast have playmates. Rabbit however is permanently stuck at level 3 because one of his requirements is only available through other Pooh characters (which I don't have) or a chest (this was one of the dumber "rewards." At least the others can be leveled up). So Rabbit has been sent away.

Also, be prepared to not finish or get the final reward. You just won't have the characters necessary to compete. This is why I'm not really upset about this challenge crossing our vacation and limited playing time. It's not like I'd be getting the final character anyway!
We leave in 10 days so I probably won’t play a whole lot. We will see but I don’t have any of those characters anyway so I’ll probably just try to get at least one character and be done. I only have 60 some gems so probably not enough to get anything good.

We leave in 10 days so I probably won’t play a whole lot. We will see but I don’t have any of those characters anyway so I’ll probably just try to get at least one character and be done. I only have 60 some gems so probably not enough to get anything good.
As a newer player, a Tower challenge is a great one to be semi-skipping. I'll probably get whichever character is first and then play it by ear after that. I think I would have been upset to be out of pocket during the Little Mermaid.

As a newer player, a Tower challenge is a great one to be semi-skipping. I'll probably get whichever character is first and then play it by ear after that. I think I would have been upset to be out of pocket during the Little Mermaid.
My time was pretty invested in the little mermaid event. Dh wasn’t too pleased lol. I don’t think he would be too happy if I was on my phone all vacation.

I think the Tower challenges are about 15 days - 5 days for each “phase”

While NBC is celebrating its 25th anniversary... ...so is Hocus Pocus. It’s a dated film that has somehow recently become a cult classic. I’m not sure if it’s as popular with anyone born after Y2K, though I know some adults who have only recently seen it for the first time in the last few years and they’ve enjoyed it. While Disney only recently added them to Mickeys NSSH, the majority of Disney fans have never gone to WDW during that event, if ever.

The film is so dated, yet still popular with an older generation that they are remaking the classic for a modern audience. I don’t think this will have a theatrical release, but even the original was only supposed to be a Disney Channel movie. This is the first year that I know of that the film has been rereleased to theaters, finally getting a showing in October. I think that was the problem. It was given a July release. You don’t go to see a Halloween movie in July unless you have absolutely nothing better to do and there’s nothing else better showing that you haven’t already seen. That was my family, but I’m glad we did it.

Realizing that there is money in merchandise, and only so much NBC products they can sell, they’ve decided to finally give this film the attention it deserves. Spencer’s Gifts, which own those Spirit Halloween stores that pop up every year, started selling HP products last year I believe. They now have a larger selection this year and can’t keep them in stock. They will definitely have to order a lot more for next year. The Disney Store has also started selling HP merch (but not much) this year. There is money in 90s nostalgia. Just as much as 80s nostalgia.

But while I really love the Sanderson Sisters, and would like to see them, their presence in the game, it would be as awkward as the Pirates OTC. Pirates, at least, have a park ride, and multiple movies. HP was pretty much forgotten until ABC family started airing it ONCE a year. Now they treat it like A Christmas Story and have 24 hour marathons. I don’t think this games targeted demographic has ever seen Hocus Pocus OR Pirates, or ever care to.

I believe the remake of HP will be for the new Disney streaming service coming next year

Finally seeing light at the end up the tunnel, but not gonna have every non tLM character maxed before the tower event, like I was hoping to.

Just finished leveling up my final Pirate today and finished my last Pan, Michael Darling, yesterday. Started max leveling my first BH6 character, but they are all ready to max.

Other than that my only non tLM chartacter I have to Level is my level 9 Christopher Robins, who is at 45/50 drums and 33/50 ears. My tLM characters are at level 7, 7, 6, 8, 7, 8 and 6 and I usually level one up between maxing my level 9 characters.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter