Disney Magic Kingdoms

Welcomed Barbosa overnight, he is now on his 4 hour task with Will

Found a platinum chest and was able to open that this morning - besides Davey Jones I also still need the Bambi Ice Rink and I see a bunch of new pirates stuff in there ...

... of course I got another planter :|

Completing the 8-hour Barbossa quest did indeed bring up the prompt to open the land behind the 'Mother Gothel portal'. 350,000 magic, 12 hours to open.
After the land is opened comes the prompt to welcome Tia Dalma.
- 60 Pirate Flags
- 65 Heart Lockets (Mulan Ask for Guidance 4-hour, Peter Pan Planning Some Fun 4-hour, John Darling and Wendy Discussing Stories joint 2-hour (John Darling must be level 6))
- 55 Tia Dalma Ears Hats (Elizabeth Swann and Jack Sparrow Pirate's Life for Me joint 4-hour, Bambi and Flower Exploring the Meadow joint 6-hour, Mowgli Lost in a Look 8-hour, Captain Barbossa and Will Turner Bargaining joint 6-hour (Barbossa level 6, Will Turner level 7), Christopher Robin Collecting Snacks 8-hour (Christopher Robin level 5), Davy Jones's Organ 6-hour (attraction))
- 300,000 magic

7 more hours until my new land opens up (and then I guess I have yet another character to work towards). Welcoming Michael is a very, very slow process. I only have 4 teddy bears and 5 ear hats. Still, I'm thankful for slow permanent content instead of the stress of a timed event. Speaking of which... I have all of Christopher Robin's drums and got the shiny crown concession from Chapter 2... I'm ready for Chapter 3 and just have to sit and wait for 3 more days. Oh, and in the middle of all of this Jack Jack is leveling up to 10 - I should have waited but just needed it done already.

7 more hours until my new land opens up (and then I guess I have yet another character to work towards). Welcoming Michael is a very, very slow process. I only have 4 teddy bears and 5 ear hats. Still, I'm thankful for slow permanent content instead of the stress of a timed event. Speaking of which... I have all of Christopher Robin's drums and got the shiny crown concession from Chapter 2... I'm ready for Chapter 3 and just have to sit and wait for 3 more days.
Wow, I've had whomever working on Michael's teddy bears and hats exclusively since getting the welcome prompt, and I am only at 2 and 1, so you're doing really well on that (or I'm not I guess...)

Wow, I've had whomever working on Michael's teddy bears and hats exclusively since getting the welcome prompt, and I am only at 2 and 1, so you're doing really well on that (or I'm not I guess...)

Wow. I guess I'm doing better than I thought.

Here is my Thursday update (for no other reason than just because I can)

Tower Challenge Stuff:
With 2 days and 22 hours left in Chapter 2, I am 3,775 points away from getting the Queen's Crown Stand (or whatever it's really called)
7,105 EC (All the backpacks and all the toy drums have been collected)
I rank 34 on the leaderboard
Magic 9,280,875 <--- this would be more if I didn't have 74 characters sitting at home. I had a crazy work week, so there was no additional time.

Characters:
Toy Alien - collecting for 10
Peter Pan - collecting for 10
John Darling - welcoming now
Elizabeth Swann - ready for 7
Jack Sparrow - collecting for 7
Will Turner - ready for 7
Captain Barbosa - I need 4 more ears. Maybe I can welcome him tomorrow
Davy Jones - ready for 3
Thumper - collecting for 9
Bambi - collecting for 8
Flower - collecting for 9
Jack Jack - collecting for 7
Hiro - ready for 7
Baymax - collecting for 6
Yokai - collecting for 6
Go Go - collecting for 7
Honey Lemon - reedy or 7
Fred - ready for 6
Wasabi - ready for 6

In Big Hero 6 News:
Man you all were not kidding about the sword things. I was able to level up 2 of the characters and then all of a sudden I've just been collecting and collecting and collecting those sword/stick things, because it requires so many. Right now, my game tells me I have the ability to level up 4 of the 7 characters, but I know the moment I do, no one else is going to be able to level up. These guys are going to take a while it looks like. So while the tower challenge is going on I'm just sending all the BH^ people out to collect those specific tokens, to build up my "inventory" and then in 8 days and change I should have enough to level up at least 2 of them. Slow and steady runs the race, right?

In this most recent update, I feel, there was SO much content and SO many things to do, I now find myself hoping they give us a break. I would like some time to collect all the tokens, welcome all the newest characters, level them up, at least a little, open up all (or most) of the darkened parts of land, and not leave characters "unattended" while we focus on the timed events and such. I also DEEPLY wish they would go back to the cards for the chests! It was just less stressful.

Happy playing to all!

in IOS I am 12 tokens away from John and 16 away from Barbossa. In Windows, I am 18 tokens away from John and 31! away from Barbossa. I have neither Captain Jack or Captain Hook.

48 hours later and in IOS I am now 1 ear hat away from John and 2 ear hats away from Barbossa. In Windows, I need 7 ear hats for John and Barbossa it is still ridiculously impossible to get his tokens. I have pulled Will+Elizabeth off of Dark Tower duty to try and get some hats, but I am still 15 hats (+7 ear hats) away.

7 more hours until my new land opens up (and then I guess I have yet another character to work towards). Welcoming Michael is a very, very slow process. I only have 4 teddy bears and 5 ear hats. Still, I'm thankful for slow permanent content instead of the stress of a timed event. Speaking of which... I have all of Christopher Robin's drums and got the shiny crown concession from Chapter 2... I'm ready for Chapter 3 and just have to sit and wait for 3 more days. Oh, and in the middle of all of this Jack Jack is leveling up to 10 - I should have waited but just needed it done already.

It's funny, while I agree that it's nice to have some permanent content to work on, albeit more than I’d ideally like, it’s still stressful, but just in a different way. I’ve been playing causally and feeling decent about my progression until I’ve visited this tread the last day or two and see how much farther ahead some of you are ahead of me. Then the competitive nature in me kicks in and it starts to become a little more stressful :rotfl2:

I did finish collecting for John Darling last night and welcomed him overnight. Barbarossa has been a real pain for me though. Still need 3 more Ear hats and he’s ready to go. It feels like I’ve only been getting 1 hat a day for the last 2 or 3 days.

I am looking forward to opening the other portal! I really hope they allow us to open all 4 plots of connecting land with the completion of more Pirate Quests or Peter Pan quests. Those 4 plots of land would be so useful to put large buildings on, like the Incredible ones! Please GameLoft interns give us access to those plots of land soon! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Anyone get Jack Sparrow's costume? I am so far from getting this thing and wondering if it's even worth thinking about. I had actually forgotten about it until just now.

In this most recent update, I feel, there was SO much content and SO many things to do, I now find myself hoping they give us a break. I would like some time to collect all the tokens, welcome all the newest characters, level them up, at least a little, open up all (or most) of the darkened parts of land, and not leave characters "unattended" while we focus on the timed events and such. I also DEEPLY wish they would go back to the cards for the chests! It was just less stressful.

Happy playing to all!

Just have to say that I agree with this 100%. :goodvibes

It's funny, while I agree that it's nice to have some permanent content to work on, albeit more than I’d ideally like, it’s still stressful, but just in a different way. I’ve been playing causally and feeling decent about my progression until I’ve visited this tread the last day or two and see how much farther ahead some of you are ahead of me. Then the competitive nature in me kicks in and it starts to become a little more stressful :rotfl2:

I did finish collecting for John Darling last night and welcomed him overnight. Barbarossa has been a real pain for me though. Still need 3 more Ear hats and he’s ready to go. It feels like I’ve only been getting 1 hat a day for the last 2 or 3 days.

I am looking forward to opening the other portal! I really hope they allow us to open all 4 plots of connecting land with the completion of more Pirate Quests or Peter Pan quests. Those 4 plots of land would be so useful to put large buildings on, like the Incredible ones! Please GameLoft interns give us access to those plots of land soon! :thumbsup2

Hey, I don't see this game as a competition. I'm actually happy when I am a bit behind and people are kind enough to share what the next tasks are, so I save time and aggravation. I definitely don't want my posts to make others unhappy. :sad2:

Hey, I don't see this game as a competition. I'm actually happy when I am a bit behind and people are kind enough to share what the next tasks are, so I save time and aggravation. I definitely don't want my posts to make others unhappy. :sad2:
No worries, your posts don’t make me unhappy at all! I think your view of not seeing this game as competitive is a great way to look at it. For the most part, I feel that way, but like I said, the competitive nature in me creeps in sometimes.

Also hope it didn’t come across that I have a problem with anyone who’s ahead of me in the game. I’m actually glad they’re doing so well. Well except for @supernova i don’t wish him any luck at all! :rotfl:

No worries, your posts don’t make me unhappy at all! I think your view of not seeing this game as competitive is a great way to look at it. For the most part, I feel that way, but like I said, the competitive nature in me creeps in sometimes.

Also hope it didn’t come across that I have a problem with anyone who’s ahead of me in the game. I’m actually glad they’re doing so well. Well except for @supernova i don’t wish him any luck at all! :rotfl:

No worries. I kind of see it as me against the interns at times. But they are the only ones I worry about. They want all my money, and I don't want to give it to them. ;) My goal is to play, have fun, and get as many characters and buildings as I can get without buying it with actual dollars. I prefer to put my spending elsewhere (see below :rotfl:).

I finally got the Welcome Tia quest. The fact that the 2 pieces of land they gave us do not connect really bugs me. I know it's silly, but oh well. I'm just trying hard to get some of this stuff done before our summer trip since I wonder what will work and not work if I stay offline. On the plus side many or most of my characters tasks to receive items are quite long - so I can still play even if I don't check in much during the day.

ETA - In typical annoying fashion, the interns have decided that Peter Pan, who is only one of 3 characters who can source for Michael Darling's ear hats is ALSO only one of 2 characters who can search for Tia's heart locket. Nicely played, interns. :headache:

Last edited:
And just like that the game decided to give me the 3 Barbarossa hats I needed on my last group I sent out! :thumbsup2

I finally got the Welcome Tia quest. The fact that the 2 pieces of land they gave us do not connect really bugs me. I know it's silly, but oh well. I'm just trying hard to get some of this stuff done before our summer trip since I wonder what will work and not work if I stay offline. On the plus side many or most of my characters tasks to receive items are quite long - so I can still play even if I don't check in much during the day.

ETA - In typical annoying fashion, the interns have decided that Peter Pan, who is only one of 3 characters who can source for Michael Darling's ear hats is ALSO only one of 2 characters who can search for Tia's heart locket. Nicely played, interns. :headache:

Nope, you’re not the only one that bugs, just read my reply to you earlier today.:rotfl: If the 3 plots of land next to it aren’t the next 3 to open, the honeymoon period for the now interns is over! Seriously though, those have to be the next ones to open right?

EDIT: Just relooked and my guess is the plot of land between the 2 new plots will be next and that makes sense. That said PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE open the 3 other plots with Pirate/Pan missions! :idea:

Last edited:
And just like that the game decided to give me the 3 Barbarossa hats I needed on my last group I sent out! :thumbsup2

Nope, you’re not the only one that bugs, just read my reply to you earlier today.:rotfl: If the 3 plots of land next to it aren’t the next 3 to open, the honeymoon period for the now interns is over! Seriously though, those have to be the next ones to open right?

EDIT: Just relooked and my guess is the plot of land between the 2 new plots will be next and that makes sense. That said PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE open the 3 other plots with Pirate/Pan missions! :idea:

Yeah, I want that piece that links the 2 in Adventureland first... So weird that they did this.

I had to play offline for half a day yesterday.
Malficent's tower couldn't be opened at all.
But buildings still get cursed so I could earn EC albeit small amount.
And refresh token drop rate did not change (was hoping it would be easier, lol)

Last edited:
As for those microbots - I think I need something like 350 of them at this point (and that's just to level everyone from BH6 up one time). This is going to keep my busy for weeks and weeks.

I had to play offline for half a day yesterday.
Malficent's tower can't be opened at all.
But buildings still get cursed so I could earn EC albeit small amount.
And refresh token drop rate does not change (was hoping it would be easier, lol)

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get Christopher Robin before we go overseas. I'm not going to worry about the competition or the statue and concession stand from Chapter 3, but I really do want CR. I'm trying to get all the EC I can right now so I can try to finish up before we travel. I thought I remembered that the tower challenge needed wifi. Thanks for letting me know for sure.

I'll likely have a data plan overseas (for family reasons) but I don't want to focus on the game when I'm on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter