Disney Magic in 2024, still worth it?

We just got back from the Disney Magic for a 4 night cruise over spring break. I'd say she's still worth it.

Rough spots are likely the age. We had a balcony and while clean definitely has been well used. We were in room 8012 and first day my wife noticed water in the toilet bathroom would come up out of the tiles when you stepped in a certain spot. They were on it though - came in and dried, disinfected and put down a towel. Then maintenance caulked the hole. Fixed issue until we took a shower and the source of the water was coming out of the drain (guess connected somehow to shower room and guessing water escaped as our daughters showered?). Plumber came and removed the plug and unclogged the drain. Room attendant stayed on top of disinfecting and cleaning.

Probably most annoying part was Guest Services - they sent a note in the app to go by Guest Services to ensure it was fixed (which we did) and then they left a note on the door to call (which we did) and then they called and left a message to call back (which we did) and then they dropped off two more notes on our door, at which point we stopped calling back.

Other than those two things the magic was still there. Cast members were outstanding in attitude and helpfulness (cleaning up glasses at pool deck while lounging), providing great service at the bars, kids had great time at the Edge, lines weren't insane for characters despite being spring break (other than for princesses, we elected not to do the Royal Gathering and there were waits for the individual princesses), the food was outstanding (had the best wait staff in many cruises), Palo brunch made us a believer in it again after a bad service the time before. Only regret was my lack of willpower eating all of the food. Cabanas food was the best in memory - fresh, tasty, and last day churro waffles (knowing full well I was going to brunch in a couple of hours).

We aren’t fans of the Magic. We sail on the fantasy - our favorite ship. To us, the adult only area was way too small on the magic.

The Magic is absolutely still worth it. I was a CM and have lived onboard both the Magic and the Wish for many months. While there are things I like and dislike about both ships, I would pick the Magic every time

My dd is looking forward to the Aquaduck. The larger ships hold nearly 4000 passengers. The Magic and Wonder only hold 2700. I can't wait to go to CC and Lookout Point with only that many people.

I hope you realize the Magic has the Aquadunk and not the Aquaduck? Or maybe you just misspelled it.
The Aquadunk is where you stand on a platform and it drops out from under you sending you down the tubes.
On the Aquaduck you sit on inner tubes and float down.

Are we going to feel disappointed with the oldest Disney ship? The price was steep as it’s a Summer cruise plus stop at Lighthouse Point.

Still deciding whether it’s worth it.

EDIT: Thank you for all the lovely responses! To clarify, we loved the Wish because it was our very first Disney cruise and we’ve never experienced anything like it! We have a kindergartener and to say it was the first relaxing trip I ever had as a new parent would be an understatement.
Only you will be able to tell us after you sail if you were disappointed.
We can only advise you that you really won't be. It will only depend on your likes and dislikes.
Just go with an open mind about it and not that you will be disappointed. After all, the Wish and the Magic are basically 2 different ships and you need to experience both and then even the Dream/Fantasy to see which ships you really like the best.

I do believe you will like the Magic simply because it does not have the cramped feel we felt the Wish has. The hallways on the Magic seem bigger. And the dining rooms on the Magic are DEFINITELY not as cramped! And the Magic seems to have a better flow through the main areas that the Wish does not. But that is just our opinion.
And you will definitely like the smaller crowd from the Magic on Lighthouse point!!!!

Did your kindergartner use the kids area? That may be different. I believe the Wish does have the advantage over all Disney ships in regard to the kids area. But at that age, they will probably not even notice any difference.

As for it being the oldest Disney ship, do not worry about that. As others have said, Disney keeps their ships in top condition. They are constantly painting areas and doing some refurbishments. You will be hard pressed to find much rust on a Disney ship. It is there but hard to see. After all, it is constantly in salt water!

As for a relaxing cruise, I feel the Magic will probably feel even more relaxing than the Wish. Simply because it is smaller and easier to maneuver. Our first time on the Wish I got turned around a few times and I am not directionally challenged!

We just got back from the Disney Magic for a 4 night cruise over spring break. I'd say she's still worth it.

Rough spots are likely the age. We had a balcony and while clean definitely has been well used. We were in room 8012 and first day my wife noticed water in the toilet bathroom would come up out of the tiles when you stepped in a certain spot. They were on it though - came in and dried, disinfected and put down a towel. Then maintenance caulked the hole. Fixed issue until we took a shower and the source of the water was coming out of the drain (guess connected somehow to shower room and guessing water escaped as our daughters showered?). Plumber came and removed the plug and unclogged the drain. Room attendant stayed on top of disinfecting and cleaning.

Probably most annoying part was Guest Services - they sent a note in the app to go by Guest Services to ensure it was fixed (which we did) and then they left a note on the door to call (which we did) and then they called and left a message to call back (which we did) and then they dropped off two more notes on our door, at which point we stopped calling back.

Other than those two things the magic was still there. Cast members were outstanding in attitude and helpfulness (cleaning up glasses at pool deck while lounging), providing great service at the bars, kids had great time at the Edge, lines weren't insane for characters despite being spring break (other than for princesses, we elected not to do the Royal Gathering and there were waits for the individual princesses), the food was outstanding (had the best wait staff in many cruises), Palo brunch made us a believer in it again after a bad service the time before. Only regret was my lack of willpower eating all of the food. Cabanas food was the best in memory - fresh, tasty, and last day churro waffles (knowing full well I was going to brunch in a couple of hours).
Did you at least receive some gesture of apologies due to the bathroom situation?

Did you at least receive some gesture of apologies due to the bathroom situation?
Yes one of the higher up officers came by twice to observe the issue and then to see the water pooled around the toilet. Our stateroom attendant was awesome anyway even without issue but he was also apologetic. Guest services was more check the box, they just never checked it…hence the multiple follow-ups. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter