Disney Magic December 30, 2019 - A Magical New Year Celebration!

ksoehrlein

Once (and Future?) CM
For the first time (in forever), I will be celebrating my birthday and the new year at sea. It will also be my first voyage on the Magic. I'm so excited that I figured I would start a meet thread!

My cast of characters is me (Kim), DH Chuck, DD Beth (19) and DS Richard (16). Beth will be 1.5 years into her college career at that point and Richard will be a high school junior.

Who's with us?

I'm not a very experienced DIS Meet person, so please indicate what you're hoping to do with this group as you post your introductions. I'm leaning toward FE exchange and a private Mixology class (perhaps even an open bar reception?) myself, but I'm open to suggestion especially if someone else wants to take the lead. Since I joined my last cruise literally the day before sailing, it seems like a luxury to have all this time ahead of us for planning!

Just considering this one. We are on 2018 December 31 Dream 4 night. I think we will decide after we take that. We both like the Magic and Tangled. We’ll see. Happy Birthday Celebration! I will be celebrating my birthday this year on the ship!:cake: ( Unfortunately, it’s the day we disembark!)

Just considering this one. We are on 2018 December 31 Dream 4 night. I think we will decide after we take that. We both like the Magic and Tangled. We’ll see. Happy Birthday Celebration! I will be celebrating my birthday this year on the ship!:cake: ( Unfortunately, it’s the day we disembark!)
How sad to disembark on your birthday. Embarkation day is much happier! I hope you do decide to join us in 2019. I will warn you that the onboard booking discount does not apply (this cruise was a placeholder onboard booking for us), but you will still get the OBC if you book onboard.

How sad to disembark on your birthday. Embarkation day is much happier! I hope you do decide to join us in 2019. I will warn you that the onboard booking discount does not apply (this cruise was a placeholder onboard booking for us), but you will still get the OBC if you book onboard.

OK, thank you for the information, but PLEASE do not be sorry for me. Two days later, January 5, 2019 we board the Magic!!! We are retired and enjoy spending extra time cruising before we head back to NJ winter.

I changed my mind about this being my first time on the Magic — I will be sailing her from San Juan to Miami this week! I’m so excited to finally be able to say that I have sailed on all four ships. Bobbiwoz, hope all is well with you as you prepare for your upcoming voyages!

So glad you decided to join us! No one else has posted on DIS Boards, but there is a more active chat on another social media platform. I don’t know if the DIS still has rules against mentioning it by name, but it’s probably the platform you are thinking of...

So glad you decided to join us! No one else has posted on DIS Boards, but there is a more active chat on another social media platform. I don’t know if the DIS still has rules against mentioning it by name, but it’s probably the platform you are thinking of...
Thank you...that’s ok...I do not participate in the other areas.

Thanks for mentioning it, though. If others come here, I will be happy to chat!

By the way, we were on the NYC to San Juan Cruise last year! We stayed a few days in San Juan after the cruise, it was a great time. We enjoy the Magic, Tangled is my favorite cruise show.

So sorry to hear about the bronchitis last New Years, though. But I’m glad it means you can join us now. I absolutely adored the Tangled show, dinner at Rapunzel’s, and the Snuggly Duckling takeover. Can’t wait for my family to experience this!

Any interest in joining a fish extender group, mixology class, or any other type of activity? I haven’t started setting anything up yet, but I supposed I should start soon.

My wife and I will be celebrating our five year wedding anniversary on this cruise! We haven't sailed on NYE before, so that is exciting. I hope we get two nights of fireworks at sea!

My wife and I will be celebrating our five year wedding anniversary on this cruise! We haven't sailed on NYE before, so that is exciting. I hope we get two nights of fireworks at sea!
Happy anniversary! I didn’t even think about fireworks for NYE. The DCL website doesn’t say anything, but it does have two photos of fireworks at sea, so I’m inclined to guess they will have them.

When you travel aboard a Disney ship on December 31, enjoy a magical beginning to the new year with music, dancing, food and more. Created for partygoers of every age, the unforgettable gala gets underway before the clock strikes midnight and continues well into the evening.

New Year's Eve festivities include:
  • A special dinner menu
  • A jubilant New Year's Eve deck party
  • Holiday-themed giveaways, like hats, tiaras and more
  • Meet-and-greets with some favorite Disney Characters, dressed in their seasonal attire
  • Teen- and tween-only holiday parties—private festivities where older kids can hang out and make new friends

Best of all, start the New Year with a renewed perspective as you sail from one enchanting port of call to the next, enjoying Disney entertainment, exhilarating activities and spectacular seascapes along the way
New Year’s Eve activities and offerings are subject to change and may vary by ship and itinerary.”

I just rechecked and my birthday is actually the day before we disembark! So, I will celebrate in Palo! :goodvibes

I usually organize a Local candy/Snack Exchange. It’s usually a smallish group because the Disboards does not get the traffic of other sites, but it is fun.

We hand out local candy/treats once, and we use fish extenders. We give enough for the cabin to share. For now, just mention interest. I won’t ask for cabin numbers until Mid November and sign ups would close December 1.

We usually include something from the internet about out offerings.

There are so many nice treats out there, it’s fun to get back to your cabin and get a tasty treat. Two recent things we have gotten are biscottis from New Mexico and Huckleberry gummies from Oregon.

Interested? Just mention.

Local Candy/Snack Exchange interest
bobbiwoz

I usually organize a Local candy/Snack Exchange. It’s usually a smallish group because the Disboards does not get the traffic of other sites, but it is fun.

We hand out local candy/treats once, and we use fish extenders. We give enough for the cabin to share. For now, just mention interest. I won’t ask for cabin numbers until Mid November and sign ups would close December 1.

There are so many nice treats out there, it’s fun to get back to your cabin and get a tasty treat. Two recent things we have gotten are biscottis from New Mexico and Huckleberry gummies from Oregon.

Local Candy/Snack Exchange interest?

Very nice!

Do I message my information to you and you edit? Do you mean for your cabin number to show in the link you have?

I just rechecked and my birthday is actually the day before we disembark! So, I will celebrate in Palo! :goodvibes

Local Candy/Snack Exchange interest
bobbiwoz
That sounds really fun! We would like to participate. I'll keep an eye an this thread as we get closer to sail date.

I will post my information when I lean how! I am happy to see interest in the Local Candy/ Snack exchange!

I have ordered my gifts for the DVC Member Cruise exchange I organized. That cruise is in less than two weeks, and I am traveling with four friends. A girlfriends cruise for us!

Yesterday was our PIF day, and I booked Palo for my birthday!

Any interest in the Local Candi/Snack Exchange?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!