Disney Magic 8 Nights; 2 Days in St. Petersburg August 5-13, 2020

Jay Kat

Mouseketeer
We are excited to be in this adventure which includes the bucket list of Russia! Looking forward to planning excursions and virtually "meeting" cruise-mates before we sail less than a year from now! This should be wonderful!!!!

Moderators, this is for the August 5-13 2020 Disney Magic cruise meet. Could you post the link there? THANK YOU!

Hello! We are excited to join this cruise adventure too!! This is our 7th Disney cruise (third time sailing on the Magic). We are looking forward to visiting Northern Europe for the first time. Just want to go somewhere “cool” in the summer. Hope to hear about your planning insights here!

Have fun planning!!

Angel I love your countdown thing in your signature...but think it would make me crazy...I need to not be thinking about this ALL the time :) I will just use yours :)

We are so excited to be on this sailing. It will be me, DH, and our son and daughter. They are twins, who will be turning 8 just before the cruise sets sail. I'm still debating about our pre-cruise plans and whether we will spend a few extra days in Copenhagen, or do something else. My latest idea (in an effort to avoid travelling on their actual birthday, Aug 1), is to arrive earlier and spend a couple of days in Paris and a day or two at Disneyland Paris. DH is not terribly excited about this idea as he would rather spend the time in Copenhagen. We will also be celebrating my birthday during the cruise (a sea day).

Looking forward to planning!!!

Hello Ellie, welcome onboard!!

We are planning on leaving on July 29, arriving at Copenhagen on July 30. But instead of staying in Copenhagen, we will fly to Oslo for 2 days right away to cut down one trip to the airport, and do the Norway in a Nutshell tour ourselves to Bergen with an overnight stay in Flåm. Then fly from Bergen to Copenhagen on August 4 for the cruise after 2 days in Bergen. We will tour Copenhagen after the cruise because the only direct flight with Air Canada leaves at 10:40 am. If we won’t make it after debarkation, might as well stay post-cruise instead. After travelling in summer heat for so many years, hope to enjoy a vacation in milder temperature this time. We went to Paris in 2013 and really loved the city, but it’s very hot for us. We also enjoyed Disneyland Paris. Crush’s Coaster is our most favourite ride. You must do it first thing at rope drop. It’s 2 hours+ afterwards.

Have fun planning!

Last edited:

you BOTH are way ahead of me......I am thinking about a day layover in Iceland, as there are directs from where I am (Kansas City) to Iceland, then to Copenhagen. but it depends on the day and they haven't released flights that far out. We have been in Copenhagen before, and loved it, . Just want to get there with time to spare in case of any flight problems. We are also looking at a two Day St. Pete tour with Anastasia..the basic...includes boat, and the big things. Will want to team up with another family or couple of couples to keep the cost down. PS Ellie...what a great trip for you and your twinsies. We have adult identicals, and our granddaugters (from one of the twins) are only 14 months apart!

I think the options will sort themselves out a bit more once the flights (and prices!) become available.

We did the DCL Alaskan cruise this past May and added three additional nights in Vancouver. That’s been our longest trip to date with the kids and they handled it really well. I’m hoping we can manage the jet lag ok on this one. They’ll probably do better than me, lol.

you BOTH are way ahead of me......I am thinking about a day layover in Iceland, as there are directs from where I am (Kansas City) to Iceland, then to Copenhagen. but it depends on the day and they haven't released flights that far out. We have been in Copenhagen before, and loved it, . Just want to get there with time to spare in case of any flight problems. We are also looking at a two Day St. Pete tour with Anastasia..the basic...includes boat, and the big things. Will want to team up with another family or couple of couples to keep the cost down. PS Ellie...what a great trip for you and your twinsies. We have adult identicals, and our granddaugters (from one of the twins) are only 14 months apart!
Wow! We have some twinsies families here!! We have two sets of boy twins in the extended families: 26 (nephews) and 12 (sons of another nephew). They are fraternal not identical.

Well although I booked this cruise in March, I didn’t receive the official go ahead from my DH until last night!
I immediately booked flights and one night pre-cruise hotel and now I’m going to scour old trip reports to figure out port plans.

It will just be DH and myself- we’re recently empty nesters with one daughter in college and I learned long ago not to expect her on our trips.

I’m very excited about this cruise- I’ve never been on this itinerary and am hoping to enjoy cooler weather than August in Florida 🤣

Well although I booked this cruise in March, I didn’t receive the official go ahead from my DH until last night!
I immediately booked flights and one night pre-cruise hotel and now I’m going to scour old trip reports to figure out port plans.

It will just be DH and myself- we’re recently empty nesters with one daughter in college and I learned long ago not to expect her on our trips.

I’m very excited about this cruise- I’ve never been on this itinerary and am hoping to enjoy cooler weather than August in Florida 🤣
:welcome:

Yes, definitely looking forward to the cooler temperatures!

Hello All ! We've been booked on this cruise since March 7th. It will be myself, the wife and two of our granddaughters (age 13 and 7 at time of sailing). This will be our fourth cruise and will complete the sweep of all of the current ships. Plane tickets in hand, will spend two nights in Copenhagen at the Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center before the cruise. This will be another surprise cruise for the girls. We had surprised them once before on an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder. Once our flight plans were complete it is time to schedule some of the excursions. Getting really geeked up although it is still over 10 months away.

Hello All ! We've been booked on this cruise since March 7th. It will be myself, the wife and two of our granddaughters (age 13 and 7 at time of sailing). This will be our fourth cruise and will complete the sweep of all of the current ships. Plane tickets in hand, will spend two nights in Copenhagen at the Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center before the cruise. This will be another surprise cruise for the girls. We had surprised them once before on an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder. Once our flight plans were complete it is time to schedule some of the excursions. Getting really geeked up although it is still over 10 months away.

What a wonderful surprise for the girls! Have fun planning!!

We are so excited for this cruise! Booked on opening day for Gold and just booked our flights with miles. We will have a 12 hour layover in Paris so a chance for our girls (15 and 16 at cruise time) to get a brief taste of Paris and then one day in Copenhagen before we depart. No extra time post cruise but excited to have finalized flights. Now to find a hotel in Copenhagen and decide on excursions. We did Alaska summer of 2018 and many Caribbean Cruises so very excited for this itinerary.

We are so excited for this cruise! Booked on opening day for Gold and just booked our flights with miles. We will have a 12 hour layover in Paris so a chance for our girls (15 and 16 at cruise time) to get a brief taste of Paris and then one day in Copenhagen before we depart. No extra time post cruise but excited to have finalized flights. Now to find a hotel in Copenhagen and decide on excursions. We did Alaska summer of 2018 and many Caribbean Cruises so very excited for this itinerary.

Paris is lovely!! We would love to visit again! There may be a change of plan so I am not booking flights until January. I was so ready to book flights then something came up.

Yay! Flights are booked! I decided that my idea for a pre-cruise trip to Paris + Disneyland Paris was too expensive and just too much moving around/inefficient use of time. So instead, we’re flying into London for three days, where we will celebrate the kids’ 8th birthday. From there, we’ll fly to Copenhagen, where we’ll have almost two full days before we board the Magic. Still need to figure out accommodations, but this is a big step forward.

Yay! Flights are booked! I decided that my idea for a pre-cruise trip to Paris + Disneyland Paris was too expensive and just too much moving around/inefficient use of time. So instead, we’re flying into London for three days, where we will celebrate the kids’ 8th birthday. From there, we’ll fly to Copenhagen, where we’ll have almost two full days before we board the Magic. Still need to figure out accommodations, but this is a big step forward.
I have never been to London and would love to visit one day! I have to wait till end of January/early February to decide if we are doing the Northern Europe cruise in 2020 or 2022. I can’t book flights yet! I really want to do it this year, but DD22 may not be able to go. I have been wondering whether I should do a land trip to Norway and Iceland instead, but I would not want to forego the OBB perks. If this cruise does not work out, we will have a short 3-day Very Merrytime cruise next Christmas.

Have fun planning!

@AngelDisney Sorry to hear that your plans are in limbo. I hope you’re able to still take the trip in 2020.

At first, I was a little disappointed that the Paris idea didn’t pan out. My daughter has an unexplainable infatuation with the city for some reason. I wish I hadn’t told her this was even a possibility because now I have to tell her we aren’t going, but plans change.

As for me, I’m growing quite excited about the London planning, as I’ve never been there and I feel like we’ll be able to manage that with the kids a little bit easier. Same language, for starters, lol! I think it’s going to be a great trip!

@AngelDisney Sorry to hear that your plans are in limbo. I hope you’re able to still take the trip in 2020.

At first, I was a little disappointed that the Paris idea didn’t pan out. My daughter has an unexplainable infatuation with the city for some reason. I wish I hadn’t told her this was even a possibility because now I have to tell her we aren’t going, but plans change.

As for me, I’m growing quite excited about the London planning, as I’ve never been there and I feel like we’ll be able to manage that with the kids a little bit easier. Same language, for starters, lol! I think it’s going to be a great trip!
It will be a magical trip!
:rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!