CANCELLED Disney Magic 7 Night Norwegian Fjords from Dover September 4th 2021

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...ise-from-dover/september-4-2021-disney-magic/
Ports
Saturday 4 September - Dover, England All Aboard 4.00pm
Sunday 5 September - Day At Sea
Monday 6 September - Alesund, Norway Ashore 10.30am Aboard 4.45pm
Tuesday 7 September - Stavanger, Norway Ashore 9.30am Aboard 10.00pm
Wednesday 8 September - Eidfjord, Norway Ashore 8.00am Aboard 4.00pm
Thursday 9 September - Day At Sea
Friday 10 September - Amsterdam, The Netherlands Ashore 7.00am Aboard 6.00pm
Saturday 11 September - Dover, England Disembark 7.30am

Disney Cruise Line Port Excursions
Dover, England
Alesund, Norway
Stavanger, Norway
Eidfjord, Norway
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Paid In Full Date
Only those who have paid in full can get access to the Online Check In and Port Excursions and On Board Activities Booking

Dates For Online Check In and Booking For Port Excursions and On-Board Activities Opens.
Platinum Level - Starts after 10th completed cruise

Friday May 7 , 2021

Gold Level - Starts after 5th completed cruise
Saturday May 22, 2021

Silver Level - Starts after 1st completed cruise
Sunday June 6, 2021

New Cruiser
Monday June 21, 2021

Cruise Information Posts
Before You Arrive in London - The Basics
  1. currency and money
  2. timezone plugs / sockets/ voltage
  3. International phone numbers
  4. driving
  5. weights and measures
  6. temperatures and weather
  7. words and phrases
Transatlantic Flights or in other words how the heck to I get to Europe 🤔

Most people will fly from USA to London. There are 2 London airports, both of which are technically NOT in London. Heathrow, is the largest international airport. It is located 1 hour west of London. Gatwick is a smaller airport and it is located 1 hour south of London. Flights into and out of Heathrow are usually more expensive than Gatwick, as Heathrow charges airlines higher landing fees than Gatwick.

There are multiple options which will depend on your budget and your pre and post cruise plans.

There are a huge variation in flight routes, depending on your location in the USA and your nearest airport.

Some people will be lucky and be able to take a direct flight from their nearest airport to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

Some people will need or choose to take a domestic flight and then connect to an airport which will have a direct flight to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

Some people will be able to take a direct flight from their nearest airport and then need or choose to have a layover in an European country to connect to a flight to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

Some people will need or choose to take a domestic flight, and then will need or choose to take a flight from USA which has a layover in an European country to connect to a flight to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

If you have to book a flight itinerary which has a layover or connecting flight, make such to find out if it is all on one ticket. If it is all one ticket, it means you will get a boarding pass for all your flights at your first check in and your luggage will be checked through to your final destination. If it is not all on one ticket, you will have to collect your luggage after your first flight and check in for your second flight.

When researching airlines, make sure to research carry on and checked luggage weight allowances and sizes. Dont just assume all airlines have the same specifications and weight allowances. For example the flight from Paris to London will most likely have a smaller carry on and checked luggage weight allowances and sizes than a transatlantic flight.

The cheapest airline from USA to Europe is Norwegian Airlines. HOWEVER please research this airline and its routes thoroughly. It has a similar operating system to Southwest, with various ticket price levels, and where various parts of the flying experience, such as checked luggage, in flight food and entertainment etc are priced separately. They fly only on specific days from a select number of USA airports.

Dont just research USA based airlines. There are a huge number of European airlines which fly the same routes as USA based airlines and their prices may be cheaper than USA based airlines. I always use www.skyscanner.com which is flight comparison website to research routes and prices

Using The Train in England
  1. Booking a ticket in advance
  2. Using the self service ticket machines
  3. Seat pitch and size
  4. All about London Oyster Cards for London Underground Tube trains and buses
Where To Stay In London

How To Get To Dover From London
Using DCL Transportation
Using the train

Meet Ups
There will also a be a pre cruise meet your cruise mates organised for Friday 3 September in Dover, and an on board meet your cruise mates organised for Sunday 5 September, our first at sea day. The time and location for both these meet ups will be announced after Paid In Full Date. All are welcome at these meet ups, even if you are not part of the Fish Extender Exchange.

Fish Extender Signup
If you would like to be included in a Fish Extender Exchange for this cruise, send me a PM with the following information and I will add you to the list. Nearer the cruise you will be then given information about who is in your Fish Extender Exchange group.
  1. Stateroom
  2. Family Last Name
  3. Room Occupants (include age at time of sailing for kids) Gender specification for adults or kids is optional
  4. Celebrations
  5. Allergies/Concerns
  6. Favourite Characters

Cruisers
Bad Pink Tink
Mkat27
DCSWO

Last edited:
Just rebooked to this from 2020 with same itinerary that just got canceled. Used the 125% and got a veranda and was able to keep OBC and booking discount, so as much as it’s a bummer that we won’t be cruising this year, we are pretty happy with what we got and excited for 2021 :)

Just rebooked to this from 2020 with same itinerary that just got canceled. Used the 125% and got a veranda and was able to keep OBC and booking discount, so as much as it’s a bummer that we won’t be cruising this year, we are pretty happy with what we got and excited for 2021 :)

welcome :) I'll sort out this thread in the next few weeks, once I get sorted with the 2020 flight and hotel cancellations.

Right, finally getting my head around this

I was originally booked on the 5 Night Western Europe September 2020 cruise, which was cancelled. I've been thinking about doing a Disney cruise since I first found out the Disney Magic comes to Europe for the summer season. September is the month that suits me best, and for the first few years Disney Magic was doing the Mediterranean routes in September. However, when I became really seriously thinking about booking a September Mediterranean cruise, Disney switched the routes, and started going to the Mediterranean in June and July!

For the last few years, the September routes have been the Northern Europe routes so I held off. Year after year I excitedly waited for the September routes announcement, hoping for Mediterranean.

In 2019 again Northern Europe in September, for 2019 and 2020. So in July 2019 I started looking at the 2020 September routes and I just thought, oh why I am waiting for Mediterranean. The main reason I want to do Disney Cruise is that I want to experience the ship and cruise the Disney way. Is the route and ports THAT important, as I live in Europe and most of the countries are a 2 hour flight and I can take a city break very easily.

So I booked the 5 Night Western Europe departing Dover 18 September 2020. My reasoning with picking that sailing was that it would have been one of the quieter cruises. As its September, there wont be much families, as most children and teenagers will be back in school. Also was supposed to be the last European route before the Westbound Transatlantic back to America. You can read my pre planning for that cruise here https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...-europe-from-dover-13-september-2020.3760176/

Well as we all know, Disney cancelled the entire Europe 2020 summer season. I kept out hope for as long as possible but at the same time, tried to look at things in a realistic way. When it looked like my 2020 cruise would be cancelled, I had a good look at the 2021 cruise routes and choose this cruise as my back up / replacement cruise. I have never been to Norway, and I wanted a September cruise.

Eventually the sad day arrived and the Disney Cruise Line Cancelled email appeared in my inbox. I contacted my travel agent Dreams Unlimited and put things in motion to rebook using my 125% Future Cruise Credit.

Dreams Unlimited were amazing and I even managed to get the same stateroom as my cancelled cruise.

So here we go again, back to cruise planning.

I have brought some information across from my other pre-planning thread and as the months go by I will update with more information.

Hopefully there will be more cruisers joining in as the months go by.

I booked this one for DW and myself back in Feb when the window first opened. I’m cautiously optimistic world events will allow it to go. I booked business class plane tickets this week from central Texas on AA/BA for about as low as they’ll ever be. 4th DCL cruise - first one without the kids - so that will be interesting.

I booked this one for DW and myself back in Feb when the window first opened. I’m cautiously optimistic world events will allow it to go. I booked business class plane tickets this week from central Texas on AA/BA for about as low as they’ll ever be. 4th DCL cruise - first one without the kids - so that will be interesting.

Welcome :) sorry I kinda let this thread drop, I'm not really in cruise planning mode right now. After Christmas, hopefully things will be better and we can start to get excited

Nothing much to update yet but something which anyone travelling to Heathrow in 2021 should be aware of

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/11/19/jetblue-launching-london-gatwick-stansted
Heathrow scrapping free travel zone
Heathrow has decided to scrap a number of free travel options in and around the airport. These trips are subsidised by the airport and it is seeking to reduce its operating costs.

Under HFTZ, the Heathrow Free Travel Zone, buses between terminals and around the perimeter road are free (see the map below).

This is particularly useful when staying at one of the airport hotels, most of which are located on the fringes of the airport and not in walking distance of the terminals.

It now looks like this will be coming to an end. In an email, Heathrow ‘Surface Access Director’ Tony Caccavone said that free travel would be suspended “temporarily”:

“We are temporarily suspending the Heathrow Free Travel Zone and ending some of the subsidies [for airport staff], starting from 1st January 2021. We are hoping some of these changes will be short-lived and are working with transport operators to see if they can continue to offer discounts without our support.”

Implementation appears to be in phases, with some buses beginning to charge in January. The remainder of the routes will start charging later in 2021. By the end of 2021, it sounds like the Heathrow Free Travel Zone will cease to exist.

Just a quick update. I have now booked my flights from Dublin to Heathrow for the cruise. These flights were originally booked for my now cancelled September 2020 cruise. I kept "walking" them month by month with my airline, as they extended out the no fee to change dates policy. So now finally I have rebooked them for this September 2021 cruise. Who knows at this stage if the cruise will go ahead. If the cruise is cancelled I will just continue "walking" the flights, as I will use them somehow as I have family in England.

So, update time.

Unfortunately DCL have now cancelled this cruise. They put the notice up on the website around 9am Florida time / 2pm Ireland time and I got the official cancellation email around 12pm Florida time / 5pm Ireland time on Tuesday April 6 2021.

My Dreams Unlimited agent was right on the ball and within an hour of the official DCL email, she emailed me asking what did I want to do.

As I was originally booked on a September 2020 European cruise which was cancelled, my FCC is based on that cruise price as I had PIF before DCL cancelled it.

This original FCC went back onto my Castaway Account and just sits there until I decided what to do. I had paid the balance of my September 2021 cruise, so this balance payment will get refunded back to my credit card.

My Dreams Unlimited agent transferred the FCC to my new booking the September 2022 Norwegian Fjords cruise. I booked this on General opening day on March 25 2021. When the FCC is added to this cruise, it makes it PIF AND I have money left over.

This left over money will get added to my onboard ship account and I can use it for
  • Spa Treatments
  • Upcharge Restaurant
  • Shopping
  • Alcohol in the bars and restaurants
  • Tips
  • Excursions
  • Coffee in the upcharge coffee shop
Dreams Unlimited also give all their clients an onboard credit which is a % of your cruise cost.

So with the extra money from the FCC and the credit from Dreams Unlimited, I have a great start to my budget for onboard spending.

Well thats all for this 2021 cruise thread, I'm moving over the September 2022 Norwegian Fjords cruise meet up thread

I’m so sorry to see you’ve had a second cancellation on your first Disney cruise. While you’re now having to wait another year to sail, it looks like you’ll still be in a good place by having paid off your first cruise before it canceled. Good to know they let your FCC still apply here.

i was also booked on this one, and was looking forward to meeting you onboard plus learning from all of your awesome planning tips. I can’t yet commit to the 2022 sailing...even 2021 was somewhat in doubt due to a possible conflict with a 2020 rescheduling that overlapped. Since the conflict looks more likely to also have to move to 2022, I may have to put this one off to 2023. I’ll still follow along in your new thread.

I’m so sorry to see you’ve had a second cancellation on your first Disney cruise. While you’re now having to wait another year to sail, it looks like you’ll still be in a good place by having paid off your first cruise before it canceled. Good to know they let your FCC still apply here.

i was also booked on this one, and was looking forward to meeting you onboard plus learning from all of your awesome planning tips. I can’t yet commit to the 2022 sailing...even 2021 was somewhat in doubt due to a possible conflict with a 2020 rescheduling that overlapped. Since the conflict looks more likely to also have to move to 2022, I may have to put this one off to 2023. I’ll still follow along in your new thread.

aww, thanks for the kind words. The FCC was always secure, as it was from the 2020 cancelled cruise. Basically I played the game. When everything is worked out, I have really only spent the amount of money my 2020 cruise cost, and I have gained a higher onboard credit from Dreams Unlimited and I have gained a few hundred dollars from DCL. All in all I am happy with my return of investment in DCL and I am lucky to be in a financial position to be able to leave the cost of my 2020 cruise with DCL until 2022.

Aww thanks for following the new thread, hopefully things will work out for you and you get on a cruise when you can.

Sounds wonderful, would you mind to share a name? Feel free to pm me, if you prefer

This is the list of Dreams Unlimited Agents and all the things they book Dreams Unlimited Agent Contact Details
When you sent in a quote request to them, you get assigned an agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter