Cancelled Disney Magic 5 Night Western Europe From Dover 13 September 2020

Something you mentioned earlier just struck me. This is the Disney Magic. It was the first cruise ship I was ever on and I have not set foot on it since. All the renovations came afterwards. I'm looking forward to Rapunzel's Royal Table. We are not fans of Tiana's place on the Wonder and I've spent so many nights there...

Hopefully my rotation includes 2 stops there.

Thank you, that would really be a big help, I have no idea what to expect , as this is my first cruise. My online check in day is June 30 and I will be in Disneyland California :) so midnight Orlando time is 9pm LA time. I will be doing my online check in, and getting my PAT time at my hotel in Anaheim. I'm doing DIY in the ports, so its just the tastings / mixology and the ticketed character meet and greet I'm interested in.
I wonder how many tastings/mixologies there will be? I know they've changed it around a bit, but normally it was mostly sea days. And I wonder if they will have a Palo brunch as that's normally sea days? My normal experience is the long cruises. I've done 4 14 nights. It's normally pretty easy to snag Palo and tastings. The more I think of it, this is going to be a really different experience for us. :)

If you do have problems getting your tasting choices (chocolate is my fav, as mixology has gone down hill) don't lose hope. Just get on board asap and go directly to where they are hosting all the last minute bookings (normally a restaurant).

I kept a track of the European cruise in summer 2019. They all had pretty much the same , even though they were 5, 6, 7,8, 10 day itineraries.
  1. Stem To Stern Wine Tasting
  2. Cognanc Tasting
  3. Whiskey Tasting
  4. Tequila and Margarita Testing
I'm not going to do Palo on this cruise. Most likely I will do another cruise in a few years time so that will be something new to experience.

Thanks, thats my plan :) As soon as I get onboard, I'm going straight to wherever is listed on the Navigator to do the onboard bookings

I kept a track of the European cruise in summer 2019. They all had pretty much the same , even though they were 5, 6, 7,8, 10 day itineraries.
  1. Stem To Stern Wine Tasting
  2. Cognanc Tasting
  3. Whiskey Tasting
  4. Tequila and Margarita Testing

Did you get those from what people were announcing online or from Navigators? In Feb 2019, I saw them do something I hadn't seen before (not that it hadn't been happening), but there were more options on board than I'd heard of and none of them had been available for online booking. It was specialty brands offering tastings. We did a Tequila specific one.

Did you get those from what people were announcing online or from Navigators? In Feb 2019, I saw them do something I hadn't seen before (not that it hadn't been happening), but there were more options on board than I'd heard of and none of them had been available for online booking. It was specialty brands offering tastings. We did a Tequila specific one.

From the Navigators.

This is the list from the 11 night Norwegian
  1. Mixology Stem To Stern Wine Tasting
  2. Martini Tasting
  3. Champagne Tasting
  4. Beer Tasting
  5. Cognanc Tasting
  6. Whiskey Tasting
  7. Amari Tasting
  8. Tequila and Margarita Testing
  9. Chocolate and Liquir Tasting
  10. Rum Tasting
This is the list from the 10 night Northern Europe
  1. Mixology Stem To Stern Wine Tasting
  2. Martini Tasting
  3. Champagne Tasting
  4. Beer Tasting
  5. Cognanc Tasting
  6. Whiskey Tasting
  7. Tequila and Margarita Testing
  8. Chocolate and Liquir Tasting

Time for some more trip planning information

How to Get From London To Dover Part 1 - Using The Train

Some people will be using the train to get to Dover and are probably wondering how to do this.

When I travel by train in England, I get my train tickets in advance on this website https://www.thetrainline.com/

You can choose to collect your train tickets at the train station. You will get an email confirmation with a ticket collection code. You can also download the App and your itinerary and collection code will be there too.

At the train station, you can collect your tickets from the self service ticket machine or from the ticket desk. You will need the payment card you originally used for your booking.

The train to Dover is from London St Pancras Train Station., which is next to London Kings Cross Train Station. The train station in Dover is called Dover Priory.

It is a direct train with no changes and the travel time is approx 1 hour.

When I was in London at Christmas, I went to Kings Cross St Pancras and asked about the train to Dover. Train tickets for September 2020 should be available to buy from 1 May. If the tickets are bought in advance, the price will be approx £30 , depending on day of travel. Train tickets in England are cheaper when bought in advance. On the day tickets are the most expensive.

If you arrive in Dover by train on embarkation day, there are 2 ways to get to the port. The journey time is approx 15 minutes.
  1. Local taxis which will be waiting at the train station
  2. Disney Cruise Line shuttle bus
How To Get from London To Dover Part 2
Using Disney Cruise Line Bus

Some people prefer to book travel from London to Dover Port direct through Disney. A bus from London to Dover port will depart on embarkation morning, just like Disney provides buses from WDW Resorts to Port Canaveral.

In previous years it was at the Hilton Doubletree Victoria.

This has changed to Hilton London Metropole for summer 2020 https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/u...-metropole-LONMETW/maps-directions/index.html

This is due to construction at Hilton Doubletree Victoria. If you have booked this Disney Cruise Line transportation, please contact Disney Cruise Line.

The cost is $60 per person and you need to contact Disney Cruise Line to book this bus.

The journey time is approx 2 hours, depending on traffic. The buses will begin running at 930 am and run every 15 mins until noon. Last bus leaves at noon.

How To Get From London To Dover Part 3
From the Airports Using Disney Cruise Line Bus

Some people prefer to stay at an airport hotel after they arrive in England and then take Disney Cruise Line transportation from the airport to Dover Port.

Some people prefer to fly to either Heathrow Airport or Gatwick Airport on embarkation day and then take Disney Cruise Line transport to Dover.

If you do decide to fly to either Heathrow Airport or Gatwick Airport on embarkation day, any flight delays could result in you missing your travel connection to Dover and you may not make it on the ship.

If you do land at either Heathrow Airport or Gatwick Airport on embarkation day, a Disney Cruise Line representative will meet you at baggage reclaim and direct you to the Disney Cruise Line bus to Dover.

At Heathrow Airport the Disney Cruise Line bus pick up point on embarkation day is The Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel at Terminal 5.

At Gatwick Airport the Disney Cruise Line bus pick up point on embarkation day is The Hilton London Gatwick Hotel at The South Terminal.

Travel time from either airport is 2 hours, depending on traffic. The price is $75 per person.

To book transport from either Heathrow Airport or Gatwick Airport you need to contact Disney Cruise Line.

Last edited:
Planning Update

I have now booked my flights from Dublin to London. The prices were a bit more than I usually pay to London but I added a larger checked bag and I decided to use Heathrow airport.

I usually fly to Gatwick airport which has lower prices than Heathrow due to the landing tax that airports charge airlines. For the cruise I need to get myself to Kings Cross St Pancras for the train to Dover. I chose Heathrow as there is a direct tube line from the airport to Kings Cross St Pancras. Otherwise, if I flew to Gatwick, I would need to get the Gatwick Express train to Victoria Station and then take a tube to Kings Cross St Pancras. Factoring in the time and cost, it is an easier transfer from Heathrow to Kings Cross St Pancras. The flight to Gatwick was cheaper BUT then adding in the cost of Gatwick Express train, it would be adding up to around the same price as the Heathrow flight.

Normally when I travel to London I just have a 15kg checked bag and travel light. However this time for the cruise I chose 20kg checked bag which is more expensive. I also have a 10kg carry on bag.

The fare I chose is the Economy Plus Fare. As well as the 20kg bag, it also included Priority Boarding, the ability to choose a seat at the time of booking and can be refunded or changed with no extra charge.

We have booked our hotel for the night before. We will be staying at the Premier Inn Dover Central. Decided to just stay one night. Our plan will be to get up early Sunday and wave the Magic in.

Last edited:
We have booked our for the night before. We will be staying at the Premier Inn Dover Central. Decided to just stay one night. Our plan will be to get up early Sunday and wave the Magic in.

:thumbsup2 will probably see you in the bar that evening. Booking for the trains opens around May, I'm planning to arrive in Dover around 4pm or 5pm. I'm going to find a good viewing spot in the hotel to see the ship arrive :)

Planning Update
I just called Disney Cruise and purchased a 1 Day Rainforest Room Pass. It costs $34 / €30 .

While I was on the phone, I also asked about the Dining Rotations. She checked and said the European dining rotations have not been uploaded yet but to call back at the end of April and they should be in the system.

While I was on the phone, I also asked about the Dining Rotations. She checked and said the European dining rotations have not been uploaded yet but to call back at the end of April and they should be in the system.

Thanks for the info. I have never requested a dining rotation, but this might be the time.

Thanks for the info. I have never requested a dining rotation, but this might be the time.

You are welcome. I ask for a request of Animators Palate for the first night, other than that I'm not bothered which restaurants on which night. Although I will probably ring and see what the situation is on the overnight to Le Harve. I do Disney Bounding and I have first / main dining rotation. Requesting Animators Palate for the first night means that I can pack my outfit in my carry on and not have to worry if my checked bag will arrive in my room in time for dinner :)

Oh my goodness. I hadn't checked what seating I was on. Thanks for bringing it up. I was on 2nd. I'm not a huge fan. It's too late for me. I've changed it. The fact that I can change it shows how slow this sailing is selling.

I do Disney Bounding and I have first / main dining rotation. Requesting Animators Palate for the first night means that I can pack my outfit in my carry on and not have to worry if my checked bag will arrive in my room in time for dinner :)
I've never seen it so late that it isn't available before supper. I think it was slightly close once, but we still had plenty of time. 3-3:30pm feels about average but I wouldn't be surprised if there are differences. But your thinking is a smart one if you don't mind carrying around the extra.

And now I'm 2nd guessing which dining seating. Has anyone determined which nights which shows will be shown? I would not want to miss Tangled as I've not seen it. If Tangled is the same night as one of the longer stays I'd rather have early dining so to be able to skip dinner and still see the show. But if it isn't, I'd be able to do main. I'm not used to so many nights being later departures.

And now I'm 2nd guessing which dining seating. Has anyone determined which nights which shows will be shown? I would not want to miss Tangled as I've not seen it. If Tangled is the same night as one of the longer stays I'd rather have early dining so to be able to skip dinner and still see the show. But if it isn't, I'd be able to do main. I'm not used to so many nights being later departures.

My guess is either Amsterdam or Bruges
We should also have a Freezing The Night Away / Frozen Menu in MDR .

I'm thing that on Amsterdam and Bruges we will have Tangled show and the Frozen night. I can't see either of these happening on the first or last night or on the Le Harve overnight.

@BadPinkTink, Very nice and informative. Thank you. Are you sure this is your first Disney Cruise? Looking forward to reading and learning more from your trip planning research.

@BadPinkTink, Very nice and informative. Thank you. Are you sure this is your first Disney Cruise? Looking forward to reading and learning more from your trip planning research.

waves hi and thanks :) yes first cruise but I have been travelling to USA almost every year for the last 20 years and I have travelled alot in Europe too. A little secret, :cool2: my day job is digital marketing and I get paid to manage websites, so writing online is automatic to me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!