Cancelled Disney Magic 5 Night Western Europe From Dover 13 September 2020

Its been a while so here is my next update
1f642.png
:)

I have just booked my pre cruise hotel in Dover
Premier Inn https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/kent/dover/dover-central-eastern-ferry-terminal.html
Double room - one double bed
Flex Rate £67
Add on meal package, evening meal and breakfast £23.99
Total £90.99

I have paid in advance, so I just have to show the confirmation email at check in
I booked direct with the hotel website. No issue with my Irish credit card and Irish billing address. You just need to change the country in the drop down menu when you are putting in the guest details. It will give you the option to use the guest address for the billing address.
This is the breakfast menu, its a buffet
https://www.premierinn.com/content/dam/global/restaurants/Global/Global Breakfast.pdfThis is the evening meal menu
https://www.premierinn.com/content/dam/global/restaurants/TAB/Main Menu.pdfI would describe the evening meal food as UK / Irish family friendly home style food. It would be hearty food , typical of family friendly pub food, mid price and good value but not very adventurous.

I originally had planned to book The Best Western but the Premier Inn price , including the food was the better deal. As I will be travelling from Ireland via London that day , I will need an evening meal anyway. Its better to pre pay for the hotel and food now, so that I dont have to add that money to my cruise budget.

This group looks like intended for fish extender partakers. This is the giftsharing activity on Disney ships. I am not thinking of being a part of this activity due to the shortness of the cruise.
While I have been the FB group member I have not noticed negativity. The group is not very active at all.

ok, before my thread gets closed, please stop talking and posting links to anywhere outside DIS. I am doing my cruise planning here, and this thread is for anyone on the cruise to share the trip planning.

@Daisybell911

welcome to my cruise planning thread. It would be great if you could participate more in the thread, as I created this thread to connect with my cruise mates and share the planning excitement.

anyways back to planning.

So now with Frozen 2 out this week and the new Anna and Elsa costumes already in the meet and greet in Disneyland, which costumes will they be wearing on the cruise in 2020?

I've already started planning my Frozen Disney Bounding outfit based on Elsa from the original film.

For my onboard bag, I'm going to use a Pirates of the Caribbean bag which has a side pocket for a water bottle.

For my water bottle for the ship, I have customised a water bottle I received at a conference. It originally had the company's logo on it, but I have covered up the logo with a silhouette of Tinkerbell.

After Christmas I will update with more of my onboard items, as I have put a few things on my Christmas Wish List for my family.

I am also going to start a Fish Extender Exchange. I know there are people reading and following along who may not want to post, so you can send me a PM if you would like to be included.

Meet Ups
There will also a be a pre cruise meet your cruise mates organised for Saturday 12 September in Dover, and an embarkation day on board meet your cruise mates organised for Sunday 13 September. The time and location for both these meet ups will be announced after Paid In Full Date 14 June 2020. All are welcome at these meet ups, even if you are not part of the Fish Extender Exchange.

Fish Extender Signup
If you would like to be included in a Fish Extender Exchange for this cruise, send me a PM with the following information and I will add you to the list. The sign up for this list will close on Paid In Full Date 14 June 2020 and you will be then given information about who is in your Fish Extender Exchange group.
  1. Stateroom
  2. Family Last Name
  3. Room Occupants (include age at time of sailing for kids) Gender specification for adults or kids is optional
  4. Celebrations
  5. Allergies/Concerns
  6. Favourite Characters

hi @Lill just checking in to see how your cruise planning is going. Also I know you are not really interested in the Fish Extender exchange but I'm planning a pre cruise meet up in The Premier Inn the night before the cruise, if you are interested :)

Also anyone else on the cruise who is reading but not posting, you are most welcome to come to the meet up in the Premier Inn the night before the cruise and to join the Fish Extender exchange. Its open to all on this cruise :)

hi @Lill just checking in to see how your cruise planning is going. Also I know you are not really interested in the Fish Extender exchange but I'm planning a pre cruise meet up in The Premier Inn the night before the cruise, if you are interested :)

Also anyone else on the cruise who is reading but not posting, you are most welcome to come to the meet up in the Premier Inn the night before the cruise and to join the Fish Extender exchange. Its open to all on this cruise :)
Oh hi! I am so sorry but I actually was not getting any e-mail notification but just accidentally came to Disboards and saw notification plus your post.

I am not very actively planning the cruise yet. Have a cruise to Middle East with my kids coming up in February (with MSC), so this takes my time plus all the Christmas planning of course lol😀

But at least I have booked a cheapish hotel in Victoria area for the night before the cruise and planning to take coach to Dover early morning September 13th. Was thinking about Disney transport but the price is really stiff compared to National Coach (or what’s the coach company called in UK..). We prefer to be in London the day before and are planning sight seeing either with rental car or a guide and spend one night in Dover after the cruise.
So my answer is that a meet up the night before is not possible but a meet up somewhere on the ship on first day would be nice😊

Oh hi! I am so sorry but I actually was not getting any e-mail notification but just accidentally came to Disboards and saw notification plus your post.

I am not very actively planning the cruise yet. Have a cruise to Middle East with my kids coming up in February (with MSC), so this takes my time plus all the Christmas planning of course lol😀

But at least I have booked a cheapish hotel in Victoria area for the night before the cruise and planning to take coach to Dover early morning September 13th. Was thinking about Disney transport but the price is really stiff compared to National Coach (or what’s the coach company called in UK..). We prefer to be in London the day before and are planning sight seeing either with rental car or a guide and spend one night in Dover after the cruise.
So my answer is that a meet up the night before is not possible but a meet up somewhere on the ship on first day would be nice😊

Ah ok, I hope you get this notification :)

oh wow, a Middle East cruise, that sounds exciting, no worries, I can see why the September cruise is not on your planning radar yet :)

Thats good, I have stayed multiple times in Victoria area its one of my go to areas great for tubes and buses. Yes it is National Express, and Victoria Coach Station is one of the main departure points in London. I took National Express bus to Gatwick Airport once , thats about 90 minutes, so make sure you check your times. I would wait until you get do your online check in and get your PAT for the cruise, before booking your National Express Bus. Alternatively you can get a train from London, which is what I will be doing. It will cost more than National Express Bus but it will be a shorter travel time.

I'm currently in London, I will be here for the next few days. I will put up lots of info when I get home, but for now, while I'm here if there is anything you would like me to check out, let me know.

Yes defiantly, a meet up on the ship would be cool. I'm thinking maybe around 2pm somewhere, maybe O'Gills. Once we do check in and everyone gets a PAT , I can make a proper meet up plan :)

Hope you had a great Christmas, its nearly 2020, woo hooo :)

Ah ok, I hope you get this notification :)

oh wow, a Middle East cruise, that sounds exciting, no worries, I can see why the September cruise is not on your planning radar yet :)

Thats good, I have stayed multiple times in Victoria area its one of my go to areas great for tubes and buses. Yes it is National Express, and Victoria Coach Station is one of the main departure points in London. I took National Express bus to Gatwick Airport once , thats about 90 minutes, so make sure you check your times. I would wait until you get do your online check in and get your PAT for the cruise, before booking your National Express Bus. Alternatively you can get a train from London, which is what I will be doing. It will cost more than National Express Bus but it will be a shorter travel time.

I'm currently in London, I will be here for the next few days. I will put up lots of info when I get home, but for now, while I'm here if there is anything you would like me to check out, let me know.

Yes defiantly, a meet up on the ship would be cool. I'm thinking maybe around 2pm somewhere, maybe O'Gills. Once we do check in and everyone gets a PAT , I can make a proper meet up plan :)

Hope you had a great Christmas, its nearly 2020, woo hooo :)
Enjoy London! We have been there several times but it always provides something new. Love the city (especially Camden Town area) and its wonderful museums, shops, street art😍
I was maybe unclear but the area we are planning to stay, rent a car and look around is the Dover area but after the cruise - Sept 18th and possibly 19th.
Yes, not long til 2020! Yeeey!🍾💃

Just quick update about UK bank notes and coins. As our cruise starts and ends in Dover, UK, this is the currency in England. I know many cruisers plan either pre cruise or post cruise days in England and London.

Unlike USA bank notes, UK bank notes are different sizes and different colours. The £5 and £10 notes are made from polymer, a type of plastic. On 20 February 2020, a new polymer £20 will be issued and the current paper note will be withdrawn from circulation. There is also a paper £50 note not in the photo.

Bad PinkTink UK Coins.png

Bad PinkTink UK Bank Notes.png

On 20 February 2020, a new polymer £20 will be issued and the current paper note will be withdrawn from circulation.
Hi - I’m following along, as a DCL cruise from the U.K. is on my bucket list for the future, and you always have such good info to share! I am still hopeful for a return of the 12 night British Isles Cruise.

Re the new £20 notes, I’ve got a few of the old ones I’d saved from my trip to London this last summer, was planning to use them in August as I’m passIng through London. Will they still be good to use? I am hoping there will be some overlap as the old ones get used and sent to banks with deposits....

Hi - I’m following along, as a DCL cruise from the U.K. is on my bucket list for the future, and you always have such good info to share! I am still hopeful for a return of the 12 night British Isles Cruise.

Re the new £20 notes, I’ve got a few of the old ones I’d saved from my trip to London this last summer, was planning to use them in August as I’m passIng through London. Will they still be good to use? I am hoping there will be some overlap as the old ones get used and sent to banks with deposits....

Hi and welcome and thanks :)

You should be fine. I checked the Bank of England website, they haven't announced yet when the old paper £20 will no longer be accepted in shops. Its usually 6 months after the new notes have been put into circulation.

The same thing happened to me with the £10 notes. I had a paper one left over from a previous trip and by the time I returned to England, they were no longer legal tender. I just went to a bank and exchanged it for the new one.

Hi and welcome and thanks :)

You should be fine. I checked the Bank of England website, they haven't announced yet when the old paper £20 will no longer be accepted in shops. Its usually 6 months after the new notes have been put into circulation.

The same thing happened to me with the £10 notes. I had a paper one left over from a previous trip and by the time I returned to England, they were no longer legal tender. I just went to a bank and exchanged it for the new one.
Thanks! I will be there just ahead of six months from 20 February.

Just quick update about UK bank notes and coins. As our cruise starts and ends in Dover, UK, this is the currency in England. I know many cruisers plan either pre cruise or post cruise days in England and London.

Unlike USA bank notes, UK bank notes are different sizes and different colours. The £5 and £10 notes are made from polymer, a type of plastic. On 20 February 2020, a new polymer £20 will be issued and the current paper note will be withdrawn from circulation. There is also a paper £50 note not in the photo.

View attachment 461195

View attachment 461196
Thank you for heads up! I checked and actually have the 20£ note here. Need to take it to the currency exchange because no UK plans before Feb👍🏻

Hey everyone!

DW and I just signed up to this cruise this week. Zero idea why I didn't think about it earlier. I'm Canadian but temporarily living in London. This will be my cheapest cruise ever since airfare for us is normally so atrocious. It normally takes us a whole day of flying to get to the cruise. :)

@BadPinkTink, we like pre-cuise meet ups so as long as nothing falls apart on our end, we'll sign up for that. I might possibly do 2 nights before in Dover since the cruise starts Sunday. Not sure where we will stay yet. I often use Premier Inn so maybe we'll join you there.

We'd stopped doing fish extenders, but it is quite a bit of fun. And a great way to force yourself to explore the ship. If you're really low on numbers, we might be convinceable. :)

We are on the Hawaii cruise in May. Might try re-shopping this cruise since I didn't have a placeholder to use. That one is crazy busy with platinum cruisers seemingly taking over most of the boat. We're gold and it's looking like a number of the excursions are already sold out.

@BadPinkTink, Happy to attempt to answer any questions you've not yet found answers to about cruising Disney, but with the amount of info that's already posted here, I suspect you'll be answering mine. I hadn't heard of that open dining before. We've never over-nighted before. We will be doing it in May for the first time. This will be second.

I was just looking at the cruise ship terminal. Anyone interested in a early morning meeting up on cruise day to wave the ship in? There appears to be a perfect pier to do it from.

waves hi, @GoofyNewfie welcome to the cruise :)

I'm Canadian but temporarily living in London. This will be my cheapest cruise ever since airfare for us is normally so atrocious. It normally takes us a whole day of flying to get to the cruise. :)
Yes the transatlantic flights really do add to the cost of a cruise, Im the same as you, I'm loving the fact that my travel costs are low for this cruise :)

we like pre-cuise meet ups so as long as nothing falls apart on our end, we'll sign up for that. I might possibly do 2 nights before in Dover since the cruise starts Sunday. Not sure where we will stay yet. I often use Premier Inn so maybe we'll join you there.
Brilliant, you are most welcome at the pre cruise meet up. Nearer the time, when I sort out my train ticket and I know what time I'm getting to Dover, I'll post details

We'd stopped doing fish extenders, but it is quite a bit of fun. And a great way to force yourself to explore the ship. If you're really low on numbers, we might be convinceable. :)
Aww ok, well as you can see, this thread is fairly quiet, I guess everyone must be on the dark side. Its something I do want to be a part of but I understand if its not something you want to do on this cruise. We have a few months yet, so hopefully more cruisers will join.

We are on the Hawaii cruise in May. Might try re-shopping this cruise since I didn't have a placeholder to use. That one is crazy busy with platinum cruisers seemingly taking over most of the boat. We're gold and it's looking like a number of the excursions are already sold out.
Goodness, but I think that cruise is insanely popular, so I'm not surprised exscursions are sold out. I'm kinda expecting the same for our cruise, as its an overnight in Le Harve and the first time Disney has been to Bruges / Zeebrugge. I'm expecting the Paris and Normandy excursions to be very popular.

Aha, you are Gold level, so your online check in and booking opens before mine. It would be great if you could post what tastings are available and the popularity of excursions and other onboard activities when you have access to them.

Happy to attempt to answer any questions you've not yet found answers to about cruising Disney, but with the amount of info that's already posted here, I suspect you'll be answering mine. I hadn't heard of that open dining before. We've never over-nighted before. We will be doing it in May for the first time. This will be second.

Oh cool, yes the open dining, that would be great to get info on what happens on an overnight

I was just looking at the cruise ship terminal. Anyone interested in a early morning meeting up on cruise day to wave the ship in? There appears to be a perfect pier to do it from.

It depends. I am planning to up early that morning to see the ship come in. I have watched some YouTube videos and the ship can be seen from the dining room / front of Premier Inn. However, it looks to be a good walk down to the port area, which I don't really want to do.

Yeah, from the premier inn, it looks like about a 20 minute walk. We did it in Galveston Texas for our 2013 Transatlantic. It started the day off right. :)

I will attempt to post details about Online check in and what's available. Gold is May 31st, which is a Sunday. Which means midnight Sat. Which means 5am Sunday in the UK. I will have lots of time.

I will attempt to post details about Online check in and what's available. Gold is May 31st, which is a Sunday. Which means midnight Sat. Which means 5am Sunday in the UK. I will have lots of time.

Thank you, that would really be a big help, I have no idea what to expect , as this is my first cruise. My online check in day is June 30 and I will be in Disneyland California :) so midnight Orlando time is 9pm LA time. I will be doing my online check in, and getting my PAT time at my hotel in Anaheim. I'm doing DIY in the ports, so its just the tastings / mixology and the ticketed character meet and greet I'm interested in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!