Disney Magic 5 Night Dining Rotation

Stacieseestheworld

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

I am going on a 5 night sailing on the Magic in April. I currently have Palo booked on the 4th night of the cruise as that's when I have been told the Pirate night will be. I wasn't impressed with the Pirate menu on my last cruise, so I definitely want to dine in Palo instead on that night. However, I also do not want to miss any of the restaurants in my rotation either. Does anyone know what the rotation options on the Magic are for their normal 5 night sailings?

Thanks!

On our 5-night Magic cruise back in 2015, we had:
Carioca's
Lumiere's
Animator's Palate
Carioca's
Lumiere's

Pirate night would have been on the 2nd visit to Carioca's since it will not be on either the first or last night of the cruise.

Pirate night will be a repeat restaurant.
This was not true for our Magic cruise that sailed on 1/7. Our rotation was ACLAC. Pirate Night was night 3, when we were scheduled in Lumiere’s. We had booked Palo, as we usually do for Pirate night, so we missed Luminere’s on that cruise. Fortunately, we did the 1/12 sailing as well, and ended up with the same rotation due to a late reassignment of our server (who we wanted to stay with for the second part of the b2b). We finally did Luminere’s on night 3 of this cruise. I really like the rotational menu in that MDR, so I was glad to get there one time over the 10 nights. I’ll be glad to see Carioca’s replaced. I don’t find much to like in that menu.

This was not true for our Magic cruise that sailed on 1/7. Our rotation was ACLAC. Pirate Night was night 3, when we were scheduled in Lumiere’s. We had booked Palo, as we usually do for Pirate night, so we missed Luminere’s on that cruise. Fortunately, we did the 1/12 sailing as well, and ended up with the same rotation due to a late reassignment of our server (who we wanted to stay with for the second part of the b2b). We finally did Luminere’s on night 3 of this cruise. I really like the rotational menu in that MDR, so I was glad to get there one time over the 10 nights. I’ll be glad to see Carioca’s replaced. I don’t find much to like in that menu.
I'm excited to try the new restaurant as the general consensus on Carioca's seems to be "meh." Our travel agent called Disney and they said Pirate night would be the 4th night of the cruise. So I'm really hoping that's correct. I would hate to get a dining rotation where we miss a night in one of the rotational restaurants.

Hi there,

I am going on a 5 night sailing on the Magic in April. I currently have Palo booked on the 4th night of the cruise as that's when I have been told the Pirate night will be. I wasn't impressed with the Pirate menu on my last cruise, so I definitely want to dine in Palo instead on that night. However, I also do not want to miss any of the restaurants in my rotation either. Does anyone know what the rotation options on the Magic are for their normal 5 night sailings?

Thanks!

I was on the Magic 5 night MDAS cruise from the 7th to 12th.
Our rotation was
Night 1 Standard (AP)
Night 2 Standard (C) Sea day
Night 3 Standard (L) Pirate night and Mexico
Night 4 MDAS (AP) Day at Sea
Night 5 Till we meet again (C) and CC day. We dined at Palo that night at 6 PM and had plenty of time to get luggage outside the door

I'm excited to try the new restaurant as the general consensus on Carioca's seems to be "meh." Our travel agent called Disney and they said Pirate night would be the 4th night of the cruise. So I'm really hoping that's correct. I would hate to get a dining rotation where we miss a night in one of the rotational restaurants.

You can actually look at your itinerary and see when Pirate night is. It will be listed under your reservation on the My Disney Cruise site. Same email address and log in as your My Disney Experience. Have you reached your online check in and activity booking time yet? That should be coming up soon!

You can actually look at your itinerary and see when Pirate night is. It will be listed under your reservation on the My Disney Cruise site. Same email address and log in as your My Disney Experience. Have you reached your online check in and activity booking time yet? That should be coming up soon!
Oh, I didn't know you could do that! Thanks for the tip! Although, I feel like a dummy because I still can't locate it...I logged into our reservation on the Disney Cruise site and click don the "view details", but saw nothing other than the regular itinerary. I then clicked on the "book now" for activities since that shows a day by day guide of what we have booked, but did not see anything specific to Pirate night there either.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that! Thanks for the tip! Although, I feel like a dummy because I still can't locate it...I logged into our reservation on the Disney Cruise site and click don the "view details", but saw nothing other than the regular itinerary. I then clicked on the "book now" for activities since that shows a day by day guide of what we have booked, but did not see anything specific to Pirate night there either.
View details will have the itinerary on the left side and your cabin number, reservation number, names of everyone in the cabin, location of the cabin on the righr side.
Your activities page will show not only the activities you chose, but also the ones offered and planned. So, Sunday, you would see the deck party (sailaway)
Monday, at sea and any activities you chose, Tuesday, would be Mexico (or Caymans) and pirate night party should show up under activities screen.

View details will have the itinerary on the left side and your cabin number, reservation number, names of everyone in the cabin, location of the cabin on the righr side.
Your activities page will show not only the activities you chose, but also the ones offered and planned. So, Sunday, you would see the deck party (sailaway)
Monday, at sea and any activities you chose, Tuesday, would be Mexico (or Caymans) and pirate night party should show up under activities screen.
Thank you!! For some reason the Pirate night party isn't showing under the activities yet. Now that I know this trick though, I will keep checking between now and my cruise to see if it gets added : )

We sail in April and have yet a different order.
1st night assumed rotational
2nd night MDAS, hoping marvel menu
3rd night grand Cayman, assumed rotational
4th night pirate night, hope rotational
5th night CC, possibly til we meet again
I think I need to punt this to the travel agent to get dining preferences.

Something I learned about too late is that you can call DCL and request your desired dining rotation as well as inquire about what night will be the pirate menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!