Disney like turning to Disney obsession, relate?

SpringSprite

Mouseketeer
Hey all!

So, I was a Disney fan as a kid, went on a few family trips, saw the movies, had a stuffed Eeyore that I LOVED, etc.
We made it a point to go to Disney for a couple days after I got married (we were visiting family in Florida), I would consider myself just a "normal" fan...

Now I have two boys ages 4 and 3, we are planning our first family trip for next September, and since I've found these boards, (and various other blogs, planners, sites, etc) I'VE GONE RABID DISNEY FAN.

I am planning out Halloween costumes, making little drawstring bags with Mickey fabric for my boys to keep their trading pins in, deciding what Disney movie I'm going to buy next, I'm hitting my hubs with a BARRAGE of Disney info the second he walks into the door from work, and so on....

It's bizarre! My fan level has upped to a 10 and I haven't even been there again yet! Can anyone relate? It's this STRANGE phenomena. I LOVE planning, and as a kid I obviously had no idea how much planning could be done for Disney. Maybe that's part of it? :rotfl2::rotfl:

at 66 i can say once a disney freak always a dis freak . my frends can,t understand . they want cruises and lay on beaches. I grew up on the beach not a big deal for me. the mic does it . he,s a drug I can shake

I too "suffer" from OCDPD (Obsessive Compulsive Disney Planning Disorder). What I have learned in the years since I developed this problem is to not fight it. Once it has ahold of you it's never letting go so you may as well just accept this new way of life and embrace it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter