Disney Lifetime Pass

I know this thread is very old, but I can confirm having worked at BVCC (Buena Vista Construction Company) that at the opening of Epcot, one day tickets were $15, annual passes were $100 and lifetime passes were $250. We all laughed at how ridiculous they cost. Little did we know then what we know now. :)
I was recently discussing this "lifetime pass" with friends. You'd think if they WERE offered way back when, then someone around the Dis would have one and come forward. I've never heard of ANYONE claiming to have one. Makes me think they are only an urban legend.

I was recently discussing this "lifetime pass" with friends. You'd think if they WERE offered way back when, then someone around the Dis would have one and come forward. I've never heard of ANYONE claiming to have one. Makes me think they are only an urban legend.

I remember how ridiculous we thought that price was, considering it was $15 to get in. The info came at the same time as the "first Family" getting lifetime passes. There was alot of backlash about them being "selected" because there was more than one line, more than one turnstyle, and more than one "family" to choose from. The officials interviewed each family at each turnstyle before "selecting" that wholesome looking family. The availability became known right after that.

Back then You only had Disney and Epcot. It's likely that they sold so poorly (deliberately undersold or advertised) that it was never mentioned again.

They have had them in the past. My friend's son and daughter in law have them. They are in their 40's, so it wasn't that long ago that they got them. I don't know how.

I have friends from MD who come to visit us in Orlando every spring and summer. They use disney lifetime passes that a co-worker bought back in the 70's. He said he was going through a bitter divorce and bought the passes during a trip with his kids because they begged and he thought "this will win them over, we'll come every summer!" It was their first and last trip to Disney, but he held on to them and allows friends to use them. He said about 5-10 years after perchasing the passes, Disney was offering to buy the passes back from the few who had purchased them.

I have friends from MD who come to visit us in Orlando every spring and summer. They use disney lifetime passes that a co-worker bought back in the 70's. He said he was going through a bitter divorce and bought the passes during a trip with his kids because they begged and he thought "this will win them over, we'll come every summer!" It was their first and last trip to Disney, but he held on to them and allows friends to use them. He said about 5-10 years after perchasing the passes, Disney was offering to buy the passes back from the few who had purchased them.
Wow - way cool - wish I had friends like that! :)

Have any of you ever heard of a lifetime pass?

A coworker told me that someone she knows was at WDW for a conference and was given the opportunity to purchase a lifetime pass to the parks. I'm almost wondering if this falls into the "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" category or if such a thing exists...

And if so, where do I purchase? :)

Yes, the lifetime pass exists.

You receive a 24 carat gold MagicBand that's encrusted with diamonds. When you use your MagicBand trumpets blare and CMs
bow and call you Royal Highness.

I won't post the cost of this, because you'll end up selling your house, selling your possessions, and cashing out your retirement funds so that you can purchase millions of Powerball tickets in the hope of attaining this regal level of existence.

Have any of you ever heard of a lifetime pass?

A coworker told me that someone she knows was at WDW for a conference and was given the opportunity to purchase a lifetime pass to the parks. I'm almost wondering if this falls into the "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" category or if such a thing exists...

And if so, where do I purchase? :)

I know that lifetime passes aren't fake, but I don't know how we got them. When I was little, my dads job always took him to Orlando. So instead of buying tickets every year, my parents bought lifetime passes. Try calling an agent for them, but lifetime passes are real. We still have some stuff on our tickets that we can still use.

I know that lifetime passes aren't fake, but I don't know how we got them. When I was little, my dads job always took him to Orlando. So instead of buying tickets every year, my parents bought lifetime passes. Try calling an agent for them, but lifetime passes are real. We still have some stuff on our tickets that we can still use.
You can't buy a lifetime pass today.

Just a bargain for $6,000.00! lol
I honestly think that this is a fraction of the price they would actually charge. I would double that at least... $6000 is a brilliant thought though, I would have one of those in a heartbeat haha!

Just like to say it's not a myth. My family have one that my dad received when a company he was an exec at sponsored Disney. It entitles him and 4 guests entry to any Disney park, for life.
Customer service never seem to know what to do and always get their manager, then after a lot of faff and ids we get the tickets.
Never knew it was something super rare until I just read this.

Just like to say it's not a myth. My family have one that my dad received when a company he was an exec at sponsored Disney. It entitles him and 4 guests entry to any Disney park, for life.
Customer service never seem to know what to do and always get their manager, then after a lot of faff and ids we get the tickets.
Never knew it was something super rare until I just read this.

My father in law also has a lifetime pass as well. I can’t imagine how he obtained it or how much he paid for it. I’ll have to ask him.

Those exist for seriously higher-up execs and Board of Directors folks. I've heard mostly of people using a Silver Pass, like the management team at The Disney Store (back when I worked there part time in 1995-1997.)

Those with "Disney Legend" status also get them, at least if they didn't receive the award posthumously.

Disneyland gave a lifetime pass to the 400,000,000 guest, I know because I wast about 3 people behind them. As I recall the passes they were given (I think they were given two or four, can't remember now) were valid at all Disney Theme Parks except Tokyo, which was a bummer for them as they were from Tokyo.

They also used to give them to people born inside Disneyland until word got out and people started purposely trying to give birth in the park (not kidding this happened for a while).

I know this thread is very old, but I can confirm having worked at BVCC (Buena Vista Construction Company) that at the opening of Epcot, one day tickets were $15, annual passes were $100 and lifetime passes were $250. We all laughed at how ridiculous they cost. Little did we know then what we know now. :)
Where's that time machine? I want to go back and buy one....LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!