Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as cutting the cord - I was completely against it. Now that we've done it, I'm wondering why we it took so long. I highly recommend Youtube TV for streaming almost all channels (although I understand why Hulu would probably interest most). It has most of what we had on Xfinity, but doesn't have our local PBS. It is coming though, soon.

As far as internet - we had AT&T Fiber in our area and it's amazing. Faster than our cable internet. :)

The bundle costing is why is till have my directv package. After credits from my cellphone plan I’m paying AT&T approximately $90/month for the directv choice package with HBO and 75 mbps Internet.
Ditto .. I would pay MORE for my AT&T Uverse if I canceled TV and just paid for internet. Uverse gave me a 1 year special when I signed up (basically giving me TV for free). When that year was up, I called to cancel and they offered me the same deal for TWO more years (TV+Internet) for even cheaper than I paid the previous year. I pay less for internet and TV than I do for phone (no unlimited data plan).
Okay .. I will keep my cable for now.

We were expecting to be able to upgrade our Hulu to the bundle today. But apparently not compatible with our Samsung tv because it is from 2015 & needs to be 2016 or newer to work. Our tv is a 65 inch, 4 K smart tv with absolutely no issues, so we’re obviously not getting a new tv. We don’t have any gaming systems so can’t go thru that. Don’t really know anything about Firestick or Roku. Guess we’re gonna have to search for our our options & figure it out.
The Roku Streaming Stick Plus can display 4k content. I don't think I've ever been more pleased with a purchase of technology than the $50 I spent on mine.

It plugs into your HDMI port on your TV and connects to your home network wirelessly. There is also a power cable that could either plug into a USB port on your TV or it comes with an adapter (like a cell phone charger) that plugs into a normal outlet.

It runs apps, just like your Smart TV, but in my experience, it runs them better than the TV and has more choices.

As far as cutting the cord - I was completely against it. Now that we've done it, I'm wondering why we it took so long. I highly recommend Youtube TV for streaming almost all channels (although I understand why Hulu would probably interest most). It has most of what we had on Xfinity, but doesn't have our local PBS. It is coming though, soon.

As far as internet - we had AT&T Fiber in our area and it's amazing. Faster than our cable internet. :)

I'll second YouTube TV. We dropped Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) almost 2 years ago and have never looked back. We saved around $50-60/month - YouTube TV is $50, internet is $70 vs. bundle of $180 before. TWC really dinged us with equipment fees, that's where a lot of the savings comes from - not having to pay to rent their equipment every month. We already had a couple Apple TVs anyway, so we just use those. My wife was very hesitant to switch at first, but is now so glad we did.

We cancelled Netflix and Hulu today. There is far more content on D+ than I expected, and even though nothing R rated, the Mandalorian, Marvel movies, and some of the other PG13 content is adult enough for us. My 4 year old won’t be watching it anyway. Also isn’t there another Star Wars program (something about Obi Wan?) and a Marvel superhero original series in the works?

I was also pleased to see the number of documentaries and other adult movies available. Saving Mr. Banks isn’t an action flick for sure, but it’s also not PJ Masks if you know what I mean :)

Maybe we will find our way back to one of the other services once the newness of D+ wears off, but without Disney/Marvel/Star Wars, FRIENDS, or The Office, Netflix doesn’t have much to offer us anymore besides Stranger Things (and serial killer documentaries, but it's probably better for my mental health that I not watch those anyway, lol). Hulu has always been second rate in my opinion.

I’ve basicaly existed in meetings for the past 2 days and am super jealous of my son and husband, who got to start watching yesterday. Only 24 more hours....

Anyone else getting glitches and errors? Our profile images kept changing, and I see some of the movie titles are wrong. Some movies that were there yesterday are gone.

Our big issue is being able to get shows like The Goldberg's, Blacklist, live golf, football etc... here in Canada. Suggestions?

Our big issue is being able to get shows like The Goldberg's, Blacklist, live golf, football etc... here in Canada. Suggestions?

I'm not sure what channels those are on? I do know we have a tons of sports channels through youtube tv. You can find out what they offer. There's a website where you can compare all the streaming services and the channels you would get - try the streamable or cordcutting .com. Not sure if it shows for Canada?

We’re in Canada too and unless I’m just not aware of them, I don’t think we’ve got many legal options for current TV, especially sports. Hockey is a big reason we’ve still got cable. I’d be happy to hear legal suggestions though!

Netflix and Crave have certain shows available immediately or shortly after they air, but it’s few and far between I think. With all this Disney+ business I’m now getting targeted streaming ads lol, apparently Amazon Prime has some channels but it doesn’t look to be anything worthwhile.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting glitches and errors? Our profile images kept changing, and I see some of the movie titles are wrong. Some movies that were there yesterday are gone.
I’m getting error 42 constantly among a spread of other issues.

So am I an idiot, it’s is there some way to see titles that aren’t shown in the scroll tiles? I’ve discovered that WAY more titles are available if you use the search tool than are shown on the tiles. I’ve added Miracle on 34th Street, Emperor's New Groove, and the first Pirates film to my watch list by searching, but don’t see them under “Home”, “Disney”, or anywhere else. Bug, feature, or glitch?

Last edited:
So I prepaid for the service through somewhere. It was buy 2 years get one free. I paid in August. Now when I go to log in, it’s telling me that I still need to pay. I emailed Disney plus and they said that my account has been updated but it hasn’t still asking me to pay. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried calling but was on hold for over 4 hours yesterday when I got another call and accidentally hung up.

So am I an idiot, it’s is there some way to see titles that aren’t shown in the scroll tiles? I’ve discovered that WAY more fils are available if you use the search tool than are shown on the tiles. I’ve added Miracle on 34th Street, Emperors New Groove, and the first Pirates film to my watch list by searching, but don’t see them under “Home”, “Disney”, or anywhere else. Bug, feature, or glitch?
I assume it's a glitch but it's that way on the website too. You can only scroll so far and then I see blank tiles (do you see that?). I feel that would be weird to not be able to see the content. How else am I going to discover random things (I mean that's how I find the majority of the stuff on Netflix lol). I feel like there should be more shown or if there isn't in that category it should cycle through so I'm not just scrolling through empty tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter