Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Churn it is then!

I think it's ludicrous to ask customers to commit to a multi-year deal on something that isn't even out yet. "If Disney Builds it people will come" isn't a guarantee anymore (SWGE anyone?) and I don't trust their IT history to be able to produce a quality technical experience from day one (MDE/FP+).

They market perfection. They charge a premium price for perfection. I have my doubts as to their ability to deliver perfection in this case.

If Disney has my money now they are less likely to improve services. They will need to continually earn my monthly fee.

Thanks for the responses!

I agree its hard to ask for a 3yr commitment for something that is not yet out BUT the D23 deal ended up being $4.16 a month. For the SW/Marvel TV content alone I am good with that price which is half of what we pay for Netflix.

Then when Stranger Things comes out we will sign back up for Netflix for a few months over the Summer to supplement the D+ content.

Also we will keep an eye out for the Hulu $.99 deal again as that was worth it but we wont be paying much more than $4mo for that content.

Thanks. We can use our x-box for the app? When can we sign up for monthly? I wonder if Xfinity (comcast) will add the Disney + app - they have everything else already!

XBox One, yes. Any Android based devices should support D+ also - that also includes a number of TVs.

XFinity I haven't heard (not that I've been paying much attention TBH), but I'm thinking not at launch at least.

Monthly sign-up will probably go live when the apps launch.

I agree its hard to ask for a 3yr commitment for something that is not yet out BUT the D23 deal ended up being $4.16 a month. For the SW/Marvel TV content alone I am good with that price which is half of what we pay for Netflix.

Yeah, as I said the math definitely worked for me. We have a bunch of unwatched Marvel movies cos my daughter was just too young when a lot of them came out, and we've been avoiding the later ones while we work to catch up. At $5 a rental on iTunes, those alone cover a decent number of months. The Mandalorian is another $20 we'd be sinking to watch. So factoring Disney and Pixar movies set to come out in the next year it literally worked out to be a $15 gamble for us to lock into three years. Not really a hard choice.

If I was up to date on Marvel I'd probably have gone the churn route tho.

Churn it is then!

I think it's ludicrous to ask customers to commit to a multi-year deal on something that isn't even out yet. "If Disney Builds it people will come" isn't a guarantee anymore (SWGE anyone?) and I don't trust their IT history to be able to produce a quality technical experience from day one (MDE/FP+).

They market perfection. They charge a premium price for perfection. I have my doubts as to their ability to deliver perfection in this case.

If Disney has my money now they are less likely to improve services. They will need to continually earn my monthly fee.

Thanks for the responses!

Their already existing catalog alone is insane and the announcement of new shows that I personally want to watch is what sealed the deal for me.

XBox One, yes. Any Android based devices should support D+ also - that also includes a number of TVs.

XFinity I haven't heard (not that I've been paying much attention TBH), but I'm thinking not at launch at least.

Monthly sign-up will probably go live when the apps launch.

I know our TV is a Samsung, we bought it in 2015 or 2016, that's about all I know! :rotfl:

We definitely have an XBox One.

Real bummer that, so far, Disney+ won't work on Fire. But, I'm hopeful they'll come to a resolution, much like Spider-Man in the MCU.

I’m just frustrated at the lack of support for Amazon Fire stick. I didn’t check that when I signed up with the D23 deal....

Did the original sign up terms forbid free cancellation before the start of the contract? If they allow "free" cancellation before service start, you could cancel and wait to see if they get the Amazon deal done (and you could even give that reason for cancellation)...

I don't know the terms, but it's been a weird pre-purchase anyway, b/c normally these streaming deals lock you in b/c you get a period of time AND the service starts right away (so you've "used" it during your purchase period), so I wasn't sure if there was an "out" clause til Nov 12...

I'm just trying to figure out when they are going to announce what the add on price is going to be for Hulu since I already have it and I don't have the Hulu with ads. I know they have a bundle price, but I think that's for new customers, I want to know what it would be for already existing ones or if I should just buy the Disney+ as a standalone.

I'm just trying to figure out when they are going to announce what the add on price is going to be for Hulu since I already have it and I don't have the Hulu with ads. I know they have a bundle price, but I think that's for new customers, I want to know what it would be for already existing ones or if I should just buy the Disney+ as a standalone.
The bundle is for anyone, the issue is that it’s Hulu with ads.

We have fiber optic internet coming to our area. Currently the only internet access we can get is satellite, which is terrible. We knew the new service was coming at some point in the next few months but we really didn't know when. My brother is getting his hooked up on the 23rd and I was super jealous until I pulled out of my driveway today to find a crew burying the conduit for the fibers on our road. They said the fibers should be installed next week and we will get a call shortly thereafter to schedule getting our house hooked up.

I am SO excited. Once Disney+ comes online we are cancelling the satellite. Between Disney+, Netflix, ESPN, and Hulu we just really have no need for satellite. It is too much for what you get. The current internet service won't really handle all that streaming so our timing is perfect.

Does anyone know when ESPN and Hulu bundles will be available?

We have fiber optic internet coming to our area. Currently the only internet access we can get is satellite, which is terrible. We knew the new service was coming at some point in the next few months but we really didn't know when. My brother is getting his hooked up on the 23rd and I was super jealous until I pulled out of my driveway today to find a crew burying the conduit for the fibers on our road. They said the fibers should be installed next week and we will get a call shortly thereafter to schedule getting our house hooked up.

I am SO excited. Once Disney+ comes online we are cancelling the satellite. Between Disney+, Netflix, ESPN, and Hulu we just really have no need for satellite. It is too much for what you get. The current internet service won't really handle all that streaming so our timing is perfect.

Does anyone know when ESPN and Hulu bundles will be available?
The bundle will be available on launch day.

Then when Stranger Things comes out we will sign back up for Netflix for a few months over the Summer to supplement the D+ content.

Also we will keep an eye out for the Hulu $.99 deal again as that was worth it but we wont be paying much more than $4mo for that content.
$4.16 per month is an insanely good deal for streaming services, especially considering the number of simultaneous devices that will be allowed. Many (most?) streaming services are in the $15 per month range now, and even Netflix is getting pricy if you get anything more than the most basic one-device-at-a-time plan. Hulu's content is okay but the user interface is the worst. I'm very excited for November 12!

$4.16 per month is an insanely good deal for streaming services, especially considering the number of simultaneous devices that will be allowed. Many (most?) streaming services are in the $15 per month range now, and even Netflix is getting pricy if you get anything more than the most basic one-device-at-a-time plan. Hulu's content is okay but the user interface is the worst. I'm very excited for November 12!
My Netflix is getting too pricey hack is to sign up for the SD version for $8.99mo. I have a 65” 4K TV with 100mbs internet service and don’t notice enough of a difference in the Netflix HD and SD service to pay $4 more per month.

My Netflix is getting too pricey hack is to sign up for the SD version for $8.99mo. I have a 65” 4K TV with 100mbs internet service and don’t notice enough of a difference in the Netflix HD and SD service to pay $4 more per month.
We have the SD $8.99 per month version also, but I'm "firing" Netflix at the end of the year. Although Netflix has a ton of content, if we are honest, only a small percentage of it is worth watching. The loss of all Disney content, FRIENDS, and The Office is going to hurt them. I do think Netflix has quality original shows and documentaries, but as pointed out above, they make it too easy to sign up for a month, binge, and cancel. Which is how I will be watching the final season of Stranger Things.

I wonder if I can cancel the multi year deal I purchased through D23. It’s ridiculous that this won’t be available on the fire tv ecosystem because they won’t accept the same deal that every other streamer on amazon does. Every tv in my house is on the fire ecosystem, I don’t plan on dishing out a hundred bucks to buy roku sticks for every one.

Plus the "rabbit ears (antenna)" in our attic gives crystal clear locals (ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC) for free with pause and rewind, so not missing anything there. And if something is missed-can always watch later on youtube or other streams.

I wonder if I can cancel the multi year deal I purchased through D23. It’s ridiculous that this won’t be available on the fire tv ecosystem because they won’t accept the same deal that every other streamer on amazon does. Every tv in my house is on the fire ecosystem, I don’t plan on dishing out a hundred bucks to buy roku sticks for every one.
Not possible. These are the terms of service:

Following the initial term of your subscription, your subscription will automatically renew on an annual basis and Disney Streaming Services will charge the then-current subscription price to your payment method on Nov 12, 2022, and annually thereafter until you cancel. Your Right to Cancel: You may cancel your subscription at any time. We do not offer refunds or credits for canceling your subscription. Access to Disney+ will continue through the month or year of current subscription, as applicable. To cancel before November 12, 2019, please visit our Help Center. To cancel on or after November 12, 2019, simply navigate to www.disneyplus.com/account/cancel-subscription and click "Complete Cancellation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts