Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my particular case, my TV in my living room is mounted above the fireplace. I have a few wires running inside a trim piece on the mantel, where they run over to built in shelving where my turntable, receiver and DVD player are. The fire stick just plugs into the back of the TV removing needing to open the mantel piece, run a new wire and recaulk it, which is what I would have to do if I had a Roku in here. The other alternative is a Roku stick, but they are so slow and I hate them (I have one, it's why we bought the Fire Stick to replace it). I have Rokus elsewhere in the house, just not the living room for these extremely specific reasons, lol.

Extra work is annoying, ahaha. I wouldn't want to set that up either.

Can I ask where you found the TV requirements? I apologize if its in this thread and I missed it. I see you are talking about Roku, but I don't have that on my TV which is less than a year old. Is it an app I can download or is it only a device? I don't stream a lot but we are seriously getting ready to pull the plug on cable, and I am considering the promo. Any assistance and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Can I ask where you found the TV requirements? I apologize if its in this thread and I missed it. I see you are talking about Roku, but I don't have that on my TV which is less than a year old. Is it an app I can download or is it only a device? I don't stream a lot but we are seriously getting ready to pull the plug on cable, and I am considering the promo. Any assistance and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Roku is a device that plugs in to your tv. There are also TVs that come equipped with roku on them.

Here is a list of devices that will have the app available for download:
  • Apple TV (tvOS)
  • Android mobile devices
  • Android TV
  • Chromecast
  • Desktop web browsers
  • iPad (iPadOS)
  • iPhone (iOS)
  • PlayStation 4
  • Roku streaming players
  • Roku TV
  • Xbox One

Would LOVE to hear any other type of review you have ( since we already paid for 3 years of it). :rotfl2:
Ehm... it is just amazing to have Disney's entire database at my fingertips wherever and whenever I want. Not buying dvd's, taking up shelves in a closet, not looking for it.

Yesterday I had a bad day at work, and I got back my sanity cause i was able to turn on Topsy Turvy from Hunchback without searching on YouTube for the right clip. :p everything you need for every mood is there. And you know it is there.

Probably not a relevant thing for you, but I grew up with watching certain movies dubbed Dutch and when I grew older, switched to the original English. With Disney + I can switch languages with 1 button. It differs per movie which languages I have available, but I think everything that was ever dubbed to Dutch is available to me. I guess in the US both English and Spanish will be available.

Also being able to watch the movies you never bought because they were not available or because you weren't sure you would like them. Now you can give everything a try.
I have never seen a Star Wars movie in my life, now i can finally start (and prepare properly for Galaxys Edge) If this franchise is not my thing, no money lost.

Also having more obscure Disney movies from the olden days is a plus. Last night I watched Mr. Toad and Ichabod Crane.

Now I think about it, I think the only thing I miss are documentaries about the Disney brand. On Netflix there are currently 2 about animators who worked for Disney. That would be a nice addition.

The extra's I mentioned earlier, were sketches for Moana. I now checked Aladdin which I have in a dvd box as well, 3 dvds with the movies and 1 dvd with just extras. All those interviews with cast and creatives I would love to see on Disney +.

Roku is a device that plugs in to your tv. There are also TVs that come equipped with roku on them.

• Apple TV (tvOS)
  • Android mobile devices
  • Android TV
  • Chromecast
  • Desktop web browsers
  • iPad (iPadOS)
  • iPhone (iOS)
  • PlayStation 4
  • Roku streaming players
  • Roku TV
  • Xbox One
Thank you for all the info. I guess I need to pull out the book for my TV to see if it will work. All I know is I have NetFlix, amazon that I think came on the TV along with a few other streaming channels that I don't use like Hulu. I was able to download Crackle and Youtube and something else on it. Not sure if it is classified as an Android TV or not. Computers I'm pretty good at... the TVs and phones not so much. :rotfl2:

I am also assuming that the Ipad will have to have OS 11 or higher? I inherited my mothers when she passed away 3 years ago and I use it to play candy crush and watch netflix/amazon. I can't get any Disney apps on it any longer and slowly am loosing some other apps that are on it that won't update any longer. It is nice to have but I don't see myself buying another one. DH and my phones are newer androids so those should be fine..

I watch Netflix and Hulu on my computer most of the time. Wouldn't that also work for Disney+?

roku is the best y'all; easy to use affordable and supports all the streaming services as they are not locked down to a platform that owns their own
I agree! Our blu-ray player quit supporting Hulu right in the middle of our Veronica Mars binge, so we did a little research and went with the cheap Roku Express. We've been so happy with it!

I mean, we have a Fire stick and a PS4, so we're good either way to watch on TV, but I wanted to throw out the computer option (it wasn't mentioned in that list someone so helpfully shared) for those who only have a Fire and/or an older tv that won't support the DIsney+ app.

• Apple TV (tvOS)
  • Android mobile devices
  • Android TV
  • Chromecast
  • Desktop web browsers
  • iPad (iPadOS)
  • iPhone (iOS)
  • PlayStation 4
  • Roku streaming players
  • Roku TV
  • Xbox One

They're going to have to add LG Smart TV's to that list if they want me to even consider this service.

They're going to have to add LG Smart TV's to that list if they want me to even consider this service.
It is included from what I have seen with people in the Netherlands already. That was a big concern for me too since my main TV is an LG. I Already signed up with D23 offer gambling that LG would be added.

It is included from what I have seen with people in the Netherlands already. That was a big concern for me too since my main TV is an LG. I Already signed up with D23 offer gambling that LG would be added.
Do you think a new (less than 1 year) old Samsung TV would work without anything extra?

We're so excited in this house hold! We ditched cable a while ago so we have Netflix and Amazon we use a Roku. The one thing we've been missing? Our Disney kick of course. Can't wait for my DD to watch all the classics I grew up on!

Do you think a new (less than 1 year) old Samsung TV would work without anything extra?
I would expect that to be added relatively soon if they don’t already at launch. But as of now Samsung doesn’t really have an app, I have heard you can open a web browser and go through google to get Disney + to work on a Samsung that way until full support is added.

Just seen the list of everything on Disney+. So excited!

https://www.justwatch.com/nl/provider/disney-plus

I don’t believe these are all available at launch, at least in the United States. For instance, the only MCU movies at launch will be Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, and Thor: The Dark World. Endgame will become available Dec 11th. Another 7 will come on within the first year.

It will have all Star Wars movies except Solo and The Last Jedi (both are tied up with Netflix currently). Those two, plus Rise of Skywalker, will be available within a year.

Every Pixar movie except Toy Story 4 will be available, though, and that will come on within a year.

The below link has the day 1 list from Disney included

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...o-stream-release-date-marvel-star-wars-pixar/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts