Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Marvel will be the first film after its cinematic run to appear on Disney+ with others such as Lion King, Avengers Endgame, and Frozen II to also appear within the year of their release.

I haven't dug into any articles about this, but I figured I'd ask in case anyone knows in regards to what I made bold above. "...appear within the year of their release." Frozen II comes out November 22nd 2019. So it will be available to stream by Dec 31st 2019?

My best guess is that was a typo and it is meant to be within a year of their release.
If they don't upload it right away to Disney+ it still gives people a reason to buy the blu rays. If it came to the service same time as video then their blu ray sales would likely plummet. But this way they will sell more with people that don't want to wait months to get it on the service. Could see earlier films like Captain Marvel and Avengers being up by the end of teh year but doubt Frozen will even be out of theatres by then

My best guess is that was a typo and it is meant to be within a year of their release.
If they don't upload it right away to Disney+ it still gives people a reason to buy the blu rays. If it came to the service same time as video then their blu ray sales would likely plummet. But this way they will sell more with people that don't want to wait months to get it on the service. Could see earlier films like Captain Marvel and Avengers being up by the end of teh year but doubt Frozen will even be out of theatres by then

Within a year of release makes more sense for sure, and that's what I was thinking too. Just thought it was an interesting thing to point out.

I haven't dug into any articles about this, but I figured I'd ask in case anyone knows in regards to what I made bold above. "...appear within the year of their release." Frozen II comes out November 22nd 2019. So it will be available to stream by Dec 31st 2019?
No it would be available within a year like a DVD release. So sometime in 2020.

No it would be available within a year like a DVD release. So sometime in 2020.

Not sure if you copied and pasted the info in the first post from somewhere else but whatever the source is should update. Cause there is a huge difference between "a year" and "the year".

It will likely be on the service summer 2020, current time from theaters to SVOD has been between 7-9 months.

I'm not a big superhero movie fan and we own many Disney titles through the movie club so we're going to stay with Netflix for an extra 3 bucks a month. Just more variety for us there.

So I heard that they won't be putting Song of the South on here, and they are editing the crows scene out of Dumbo. As for the latter, it's like... an important scene for the plot so I'm curious what in the world they intend to do there.

So I heard that they won't be putting Song of the South on here, and they are editing the crows scene out of Dumbo. As for the latter, it's like... an important scene for the plot so I'm curious what in the world they intend to do there.
I haven’t heard the second part. I think it’s pretty much expected they will never release Song of the South again.

Important part yes but really Dumbo is almost/is as bad as Song of the South. Song of the South has some bad acting but I enjoyed it more than Dumbo. We rewatched Dumbo either before or after watching Song a year or two ago.

I started a goal to watch an old/classic movie each week this year and some of the movies, while good then, just wouldn't be made today yet people are able to put them in their time period and understand it. I understand that it's Disney and I understand the temperature of the country at this point but I still don't understand why other movies are ok to be out and be on Turner Classic because they won an Oscar or on dvd etc, but Song of the South is "so awful" it can't be out. I think it's been misinterpreted some and if you watch with an open mind knowing the time period it was set in and made it would be fine along with many other movies that are out now.

But the crow's in Dumbo are just as bad. I haven't, and won't, see the live action but do they ignore the role the crows played or how is it done?

I saw it on boardwalktimes.net but I have no idea how accurate it is or where they get info.

I saw that too but that was the only place I have seen it and they didn't have a firm source linked to where they go the info so wasn't sure if to believe it or not

Seems problematic to start editing the movies - yeah the crows in Dumbo are really bad but what about other things in other movies that people find offensive? Will there be pushes to edit those out too?

I saw that too but that was the only place I have seen it and they didn't have a firm source linked to where they go the info so wasn't sure if to believe it or not

Seems problematic to start editing the movies - yeah the crows in Dumbo are really bad but what about other things in other movies that people find offensive? Will there be pushes to edit those out too?

Yeah and I haven't seen it anywhere else since then, so I assume not credible. Song I was expecting/is an obvious decision for them since they already have it shuttered away but to cut important scenes from Dumbo seemed kind of weird, and yep exactly... if you start doing that, kind of a slippery slope. I don't believe in scrubbing older films regardless of content.

It becomes a real problem doesn't it. You have an art form, but now you are editing it. The Crows in Dumbo, but do not forget that the Peter Pan scene with the Indians was also rumoured to be headed for cutting out. As for Song of the South, saw a boot leg copy (very poor quality) and yes the stereotypes as very bad. The acting is even worse. But the scenes with Uncle Remus and the animation of Briar Rabbit and Briar Fox are delightful. So what do you do, I am not a fan of Censorship but there is no room in this world for bigotry and racism. Smarter people than me need to figure out how to handle this.

It becomes a real problem doesn't it. You have an art form, but now you are editing it. The Crows in Dumbo, but do not forget that the Peter Pan scene with the Indians was also rumoured to be headed for cutting out. As for Song of the South, saw a boot leg copy (very poor quality) and yes the stereotypes as very bad. The acting is even worse. But the scenes with Uncle Remus and the animation of Briar Rabbit and Briar Fox are delightful. So what do you do, I am not a fan of Censorship but there is no room in this world for bigotry and racism. Smarter people than me need to figure out how to handle this.

Also in Fantasia a dark skinned centaur
Plays servant to the light skinned centaur. Disney has cut that part out. Song of the south is very hard for Disney. Bob Iger said the entire Disney vault will eventually be on Disney plus.
I never watched song of the south but maybe they will take out the racist parts like they did in Fantasia. Disney plus advertisement our entire vault is now on Disney plus except for one movie. Disney plus will never be able to say our entire vault has been released if they don’t release song of the south.

I hope that is the case. One of the things that really irritates me about Netflix is the way they keep removing content.
Well, Netflix has to pay studios for the rights. So if they don't take things off, they'd run out of money pretty quickly. Supposedly, they've been running at a deficit for a while. With Disney+, I don't think they'll have that issue since they aren't paying anyone else for the rights. But I could be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!