Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagineering watchers. If you are trying to avoid Rise of the Resistance spoilers you may not want to watch Episode 6 of the Imagineering Story this Friday. Reportedly they show a lot of the ride and the inner workings.

Bittersweet. I'm sure this is going to be an awesome episode and I'm looking forward to it, but I am so not ready for this to end. :sad:

Imagineering watchers. If you are trying to avoid Rise of the Resistance spoilers you may not want to watch Episode 6 of the Imagineering Story this Friday. Reportedly they show a lot of the ride and the inner workings.
Thanks for the heads up! I've seen some of the promos, but trying to avoid any MAJOR spoilers. Now I have to wait until March to watch this episode! >:(

Although, I might watch until ROTR comes up and then stop it real quick and just wait to watch the end. :rolleyes1

Caught up on Imagineering. Gosh I feel we take things for granted. So many people bash rides or shows or whatever. I am in awe of the work they do.
I feel like there are some things that don't translate from paper to reality that well and/or budget cuts make a huge difference in the finished product.

All I can say of the Mandalorian is that what began with just myself and my 9 year old son, has gradually become all four of us in the room to watch. My wife joined us for Episode 3 and my 12 year old daughter joined us with Episode 4. By the last episode, all four of us were brought together. The power of Star Wars and... a Baby Yoda.

That Baby Yoda icon, OMG. I'm really struggling trying to decide if I want to change mine (it's currently Kylo Ren, my fave).

All I can say of the Mandalorian is that what began with just myself and my 9 year old son, has gradually become all four of us in the room to watch. My wife joined us for Episode 3 and my 12 year old daughter joined us with Episode 4. By the last episode, all four of us were brought together. The power of Star Wars and... a Baby Yoda.

Same here ! Three of us watch Mando and imagineering every Friday night together right after dinner - quickly has become tradition

Fyi - timestamps for GE coverage in Imagineering episode 6 if you want to avoid spoilers for RotR

View attachment 458442

Thanks, I was planning to just shut it off as soon as they started talking Galaxy's Edge. Now I can at least watch some of the Galaxy's Edge stuff.

I can't believe that The Imagineering Story's first season is only six episodes. Hopefully there's a Season 2 and it's much longer. The Mandaloreian and The Imagineering Story are my two favorite shows on Disney Plus.

Thanks, I was planning to just shut it off as soon as they started talking Galaxy's Edge. Now I can at least watch some of the Galaxy's Edge stuff.

I can't believe that The Imagineering Story's first season is only six episodes. Hopefully there's a Season 2 and it's much longer. The Mandaloreian and The Imagineering Story are my two favorite shows on Disney Plus.

Looks like there won't be a season 2. This is on the Iwerks and Co. Facebook page:
Authentically Disney, distinctly Chinese - the Imagineers take you behind the scenes of their greatest design challenge to date, Shanghai Disneyland, and much more in the series finale of The Imagineering Story “To Infinity and Beyond” streaming this Friday on
Disney+

From what I read somewhere, The Imagineering Story was originally planned to be a feature-length, 90 minute documentary movie. But they had shot 6 hours of material, and when Disney+ was conceived, they decided to do it as a 6-hour docuseries instead of the film.

To my knowledge This isn’t confirmed by Disney yet. But reports are coming in Disney plus is going to
Make a new Star Wars series A series from the character from rogue one. Cassian Andor series. Filming is suppose to start in June in Europe. Remember I don’t think this has been confirmed by Disney.

To my knowledge This isn’t confirmed by Disney yet. But reports are coming in Disney plus is going to
Make a new Star Wars series A series from the character from rogue one. Cassian Andor series. Filming is suppose to start in June in Europe. Remember I don’t think this has been confirmed by Disney.

It actually was announced by Disney back in April that the series would be coming to Disney+ ... the latest news is a firmed up date for production to start:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/12/...rs-2021-alan-tudyk-k-2so-diego-luna-rogue-one

Does anyone know if Once Upon a Time will be migrating from Netflix to Disney+ at some point?

Looks like there won't be a season 2. This is on the Iwerks and Co. Facebook page:

From what I read somewhere, The Imagineering Story was originally planned to be a feature-length, 90 minute documentary movie. But they had shot 6 hours of material, and when Disney+ was conceived, they decided to do it as a 6-hour docuseries instead of the film.

This is correct, though based on it's popularity it wouldn't surprise me to see something similar show up. They've gone through the timeline, but deep dives into popular attractions might make for a good show.

This is correct, though based on it's popularity it wouldn't surprise me to see something similar show up. They've gone through the timeline, but deep dives into popular attractions might make for a good show.
This exactly. I could see them doing 6 -10 shows 30-60 minutes each focused on the development of one attraction. Probably the newer ones as the people to interview are obviously easier to find, but there are still enough old timers to go back to the 80s at least. Given the slew of new attractions, you could do a bunch of shows just focused on those. And I could see any new attraction going forward getting its own special if it's popular. Another way to monetize the development expense in a small way.

This exactly. I could see them doing 6 -10 shows 30-60 minutes each focused on the development of one attraction. Probably the newer ones as the people to interview are obviously easier to find, but there are still enough old timers to go back to the 80s at least. Given the slew of new attractions, you could do a bunch of shows just focused on those. And I could see any new attraction going forward getting its own special if it's popular. Another way to monetize the development expense in a small way.

They do have another series coming to Disney+ called "Behind the Attraction" which does go behind the scenes of popular attractions ... though, I am sure this will be from a different angle than an Iwerks & CO show would come at it

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-new-behind-the-attraction-series-for-disney/

But I agree that I could definitely see a follow-up or spin-off of the Imagineering Story ... mayber rather than just one ride they do an episode on the evolution of the Dark ride or one about the Cruise Lines or one about facades and rock work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter