Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

why is Disney always surprised by guest demand for their products?

As we discussed (I think you were in on that) over on the News thread - I'm not in the least bit surprised and fully expected there to be issues today. It was hit or miss for me this morning while checking it out, but I'm not even frustrated because I really expected not to be able to use it today. I'm sure the issues will frustrate me later when it looks like I might be able to watch something only to have it not load, etc., but if I can't get it right away, I'll just move on to watching something on a different streaming service and will try again tomorrow. That being said, I do think it's sad that they did not anticipate this and finally have something get a smooth start - they should be embarrassed. I was also one of the ones saying for a while that I did not understand why they didn't release the app sooner to at least allow logins, etc. to be taken care of in advance.

but that was my point in my other comment - why dont' they expect this? They see this all the time that peopole get super excited and invested in Disney products and offerings and then they are surprised when they can't match the demand
Nothing was surprising about this - the demand, the issues, Disney's response, the customer service wait times reported. They also shouldn't feign surprise to the response and that people were chomping at the bit to download and check it out immediately - THEY HAD A FREAKING COUNTDOWN CLOCK down to the second of when it would be released!!!!

I just... okay. But when ROTR doesn’t work flawlessly on Day 1, everyone is going to say “That’s just how these things go, it’s a complex system” and most people will be expecting it. Netflix has had two decades to refine its platform; it didn’t drop an entire streaming service complete with fifty years of content in an instant. Disney will refine Disney+ as well, and when Mandalorian 2 drops, it will be on a more mature platform with more level demand (I, for one, do not care about Mandalorian and got on D+ today to see the other things available, so I and others like me won’t be among those crowding the system on the first day of Mandalorian 2). Anyway, I’m going to back out of the debate because I know folks who can’t get on are disappointed, and I’m not trying to detract from that. I just think by this weekend, everyone will be on and streaming and the first day difficulties will be forgotten.

just to clarify - I think having some issues day 1 is totally expected and even though I have personally had issues for the most part things seems to be going ok

The part I had an issue with was them saying there was "unexpected demand" - I think that is not an acceptable response/attitude, and something I feel I see too often that they don't expect the demand their fans have for all things Disney

Do we know how often episodes will be released of their original content? Is it weekly? I’m only showing one episode of things like Imagineering and Pixar in real life. I’m assuming that’s not a glitch lol but you can never be too sure with Disney IT.

Apologies if this was addressed already, but couldn't find the topic. Did anyone take advantage of the D23 offer to prepay for 3 years at a reduced rate? How did you first log into the Disney+ app today? I'm a little confused. It didn't seem to recognize the email address I used to get the D23 offer and now it seems like it wants me to sign up like I'm a new user. How does it know I already prepaid? It doesn't appear to give me an option for this. I also can't seem to find any confirmation email when I purchased the 3-year plan. I just have the confirmation from my Pay Pal account. Help! Been on hold waiting for Disney Help Desk for 3 hours! I don't think they were ready for Prime Time!
I'm in the same boat, although haven't tried to sign up yet, and would love to know the answer. Figured I'd get a follow-up email today from disney with instructions since I prepaid 3 years, but of course they haven't done that.

Do we know how often episodes will be released of their original content? Is it weekly? I’m only showing one episode of things like Imagineering and Pixar in real life. I’m assuming that’s not a glitch lol but you can never be too sure with Disney IT.

It will be weekly, on Fridays most of the time. But this week, there will be 2 episodes (the one today, and the next one on Friday).

Apologies if this was addressed already, but couldn't find the topic. Did anyone take advantage of the D23 offer to prepay for 3 years at a reduced rate? How did you first log into the Disney+ app today? I'm a little confused. It didn't seem to recognize the email address I used to get the D23 offer and now it seems like it wants me to sign up like I'm a new user. How does it know I already prepaid? It doesn't appear to give me an option for this. I also can't seem to find any confirmation email when I purchased the 3-year plan. I just have the confirmation from my Pay Pal account. Help! Been on hold waiting for Disney Help Desk for 3 hours! I don't think they were ready for Prime Time!

I did and I used my standard login for all Disney related websites. Make sure you are entering your email correctly and use the password that you would use to access My DIsney Experience, etc.

Weekly on Fridays at 12:01am pacific time.

I’m not sure about the Pixar one, but Imagineering is a documentary so I’d only expect one episode. However, episodic shows will be once a week I believe. It’s to lessen the number of subscribers who buy for one month, binge, and cancel.

I'm in the same boat, although haven't tried to sign up yet, and would love to know the answer. Figured I'd get a follow-up email today from disney with instructions since I prepaid 3 years, but of course they haven't done that.

I know when I signed up for that deal I had to confirm my e-mail and set a password (though others have said they could just use their existing disney password, but I know for this I had to include a special character in my password)

Sooooooo....glitches already! Lol. This is the error I got most of the morning. And my internet was working just fine for every thing else and all my other apps! Lol. Disney+.... nice try but I think that’s NOT why mine isn’t working!! Sorry pic is sideways... couldn’t get it turned the right way. View attachment 452184
I got as far as downloading the App on my phone and one of our Televisions and setting profiles but this is what I get when I try to play any content

Better then my sister who is locked out from logging in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter