Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me as one of the people surprised the App is isn't available to download, yet.

You could fill this website with things I've been wrong about, but it seems like they're only asking for trouble by having millions of people downloading the app and logging in for the first time all together at 6 am tomorrow...

Count me as one of the people surprised the App is isn't available to download, yet.

You could fill this website with things I've been wrong about, but it seems like they're only asking for trouble by having millions of people downloading the app and logging in for the first time all together at 6 am tomorrow...
My theory on this is that they wouldn't want the app to be available to people until the service goes live because if the app was up now, you'd end up with a lot of angry people who expected the service to be live, even if Disney made it clear that the service isn't live yet. As it stands, 6 am is a solid time to launch. Most people are still asleep, a lot of people who wake up soon after will be busy with other things instead of setting up their accounts, so you'll probably get a steady flow of accounts starting up until peak volume at night.

They should be in good shape, but if the service can't handle the initial volume then that's just a failure on Disney's part. They want to compete with Netflix, so the service has to be as reliable as Netflix and it has to be able to handle the initial stress of sign-ins and streams.

So I've been wondering how I am going to access Disney+ on my TVs. Having it on phones is great, but I don't watch shows on a tiny screen.

I could stream/connect it to my TV via my PC, but that isn't an easy setup for the kids.

Amazon Fire Stick - nope
Samsung Smart TV app - (haven't heard if it will be available there on launch)
(Seems like it would be eventually .. DisneyNow and ESPN+ and HULU are all direct apps via Samsung .. *shrug*)

I heard it will be available within Apple TV .. and my Samsung TV has an Apple TV app ... so I guess I just open up Apple TV app .. to go to the Disney+ "channel" within it? (like you would access HBO or Showtime through the Apple TV app?) Seems like an extra step, but if that is the only way to easily watch it on my TV (without buying another smart TV device (like Roku or Chromecast) . that should be fine for now.

So I've been wondering how I am going to access Disney+ on my TVs. Having it on phones is great, but I don't watch shows on a tiny screen.

I could stream/connect it to my TV via my PC, but that isn't an easy setup for the kids.

Amazon Fire Stick - nope
(Seems like it would be eventually .. DisneyNow and ESPN+ and HULU are all direct apps via Samsung .. *shrug*)

I heard it will be available within Apple TV .. and my Samsung TV has an Apple TV app ... so I guess I just open up Apple TV app .. to go to the Disney+ "channel" within it? (like you would access HBO or Showtime through the Apple TV app?) Seems like an extra step, but if that is the only way to easily watch it on my TV (without buying another smart TV device (like Roku or Chromecast) . that should be fine for now.
They announced during the earnings call last week that they worked out a deal with Amazon and it will be available on Fire devices on launch tomorrow. Samsung and LG were also announced during that call as having deals worked out.

Edit: For Apple TV they are talking about the device not the App.

Still waiting to see if Apple TV series 3 gets this. No one anywhere has been able to deny or confirm it. We have a PS4 as well but its not convenient to few from. Hopefully we don't have to buy a new Apple TV just for this as we are perfectly happy with our series 3.

Still waiting to see if Apple TV series 3 gets this. No one anywhere has been able to deny or confirm it. We have a PS4 as well but its not convenient to few from. Hopefully we don't have to buy a new Apple TV just for this as we are perfectly happy with our series 3.
From what I recall the 3rd generation and older won't be able to access Disney+ since the Apple TV needs to run TVOs which started with the 4th generation released in 2015.

They announced during the earnings call last week that they worked out a deal with Amazon and it will be available on Fire devices on launch tomorrow. Samsung and LG were also announced during that call as having deals worked out.

Edit: For Apple TV they are talking about the device not the App.
Ahh .. figured it was just a dollars and cents, working on the contract, issue. I don't see how these Smart devices wouldn't carry one of the big new streaming services. Even though Amazon has a competing service, they don't want to see people ditch their devices because they don't carry a popular service.

I wonder if we will have to deal with "contract disputes" in the future like we do with cable networks and cable providers. Amazon wants more money to carry Disney's apps, Disney doesn't want to pay ... and we'll see ads like : "Call Amazon now as they will be removing the Disney+ app from their devices!"

I'm not the most tech savvy person so bare with me here but I'm not really understanding why all the concerns about how to watch it on a tv. I thought this was just another streaming app like Netflix. I know I had several different devices that didn't come pre loaded with Netflix and I had to go online and download the app to my device and then I was able to stream from any tv I wanted. Why can't I just do the same with Disney plus.

I'm not the most tech savvy person so bare with me here but I'm not really understanding why all the concerns about how to watch it on a tv. I thought this was just another streaming app like Netflix. I know I had several different devices that didn't come pre loaded with Netflix and I had to go online and download the app to my device and then I was able to stream from any tv I wanted. Why can't I just do the same with Disney plus.
Older smart TVs don't have the capability of running Disney+, until last week Disney and Amazon were feuding about Amazon allowing Disney into the Fire devices. If you were running iOS, Android or Roku you would be fine. Now it seems the only devices that won't run it are older devices, anything from the last few years should work. We have Roku in our house and Android on our mobile devices so we will have 10 copies downloaded for our family of four at some point tomorrow.

Amazon Fire Stick - nope

I read recently that it WILL be available on Fire Stick now.

I'm wondering about password etc. Did we set that up when we subscribed? I can't remember.

Anxious to see where Android TV devices and Visio smart TVs will fall in the App category. I have the ability to Cast and an Apple TV in a different room that I can move around as needed. I just like being able to use a “remote” versus my phone especially since I can see Disney+ being something my 5yr old, babysitter, grandparents etc wanting to use.

I read recently that it WILL be available on Fire Stick now.

I'm wondering about password etc. Did we set that up when we subscribed? I can't remember.
I can't recall the details SPECIFICALLY .. but I have written down a username and password (different from my MDE Disney account) .. so it must have asked me to set up a username/password when I subscribed (the D23 3 year deal).

I can't recall the details SPECIFICALLY .. but I have written down a username and password (different from my MDE Disney account) .. so it must have asked me to set up a username/password when I subscribed (the D23 3 year deal).
If you haven’t logged into MDE since you dry up your Disney+ account and you used the same email address make sure your password still works. When I signed up on the expo floor I sued the same email but a different password and it reset my password across the Disney sites to what I put in on the expo floor.

I was just trying to look for an ID and password but can’t find one. I see the credit card charge back on September for the D23 online sign up but don’t see anything else. Are you sure it’s not the regular Disney ID/PW?

I was just trying to look for an ID and password but can’t find one. I see the credit card charge back on September for the D23 online sign up but don’t see anything else. Are you sure it’s not the regular Disney ID/PW?
We signed up at D23 Expo as well, and I remember putting in a user name (email) and PW. Hope I remember the PW tomorrow! We didn’t use the same email as for my MDE.

Oh no, we have series 3 tooand it never dawned it me that it wouldn’t work on there 🤯

From what I recall the 3rd generation and older won't be able to access Disney+ since the Apple TV needs to run TVOs which started with the 4th generation released in 2015.

😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter