Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who purchased Disney+ heard anything about the details for watching? For instance, I assume it will be an app we need to download, so when will it be available for download? And, what time does it go live (will it be 12:01am or another time) on the 12th? The Disney+ website is void of any real information other than a portal to purchase.

Has anyone who purchased Disney+ heard anything about the details for watching? For instance, I assume it will be an app we need to download, so when will it be available for download? And, what time does it go live (will it be 12:01am or another time) on the 12th? The Disney+ website is void of any real information other than a portal to purchase.

6:00 AM Eastern time on the 12th is what I've heard.

app will he available on the 12th is what I heard. No predienload.

disney plus countdown app has it starting at 6 am eastern time.

Have you guys seen this? It doesn't seem like a fair trade for Cast members, or at least ones that have a family. You are taking away a park entry of $105-$125+ per person per day with a service that is going to be the equivalent of 3 -5 park entries.

Cast Members Can Opt for the Disney+ Package Over Their Main Entrance Pass Starting in 2020

not a good deal unless you never bring in guests. Even worse of a deal if you have sprint or Verizon. Since sprint you get free Hulu and Verizon you get free Disney plus if you are in unlimited plans. If you bring in one guest a year and you got sprint or Verizon it won’t be worth it. Two guests it won’t be worth it for anyone.

Last edited:
not a good deal unless you never bring in guests. Even worse of a deal if you have sprint or Verizon. Since sprint you get free Hulu and Verizon you get free Disney plus if you are in unlimited plans. If you bring in one guest a year and you got sprint or Verizon it won’t be worth it. Two guests it won’t be worth it for anyone.

I have friends and both husband and wife work for WDW... then I can see it - one takes the passes, one takes the plus. But otherwise it is just a way for Disney to save money.

Have you guys seen this? It doesn't seem like a fair trade for Cast members, or at least ones that have a family. You are taking away a park entry of $105-$125+ per person per day with a service that is going to be the equivalent of 3 -5 park entries.

Cast Members Can Opt for the Disney+ Package Over Their Main Entrance Pass Starting in 2020

Nothing is being taken away. Being given a choice. If they don't want it, they don't need to trade.
I bet a lot of cast members who work at Disney Stores around the country would be happy to have Disney + for free as I doubt they go to the parks every year.

Nothing is being taken away. Being given a choice. If they don't want it, they don't need to trade.
I bet a lot of cast members who work at Disney Stores around the country would be happy to have Disney + for free as I doubt they go to the parks every year.

I basically wrote this same post just now but you beat me to it :)

Lots of Disney Store CMs around the country don’t use their maingate passes every year. Many go unused. It’s great that there is another option for them. Maybe this isn’t the most equivalent option, but it is another option.

Nothing is being taken away.

I wasn't implying they were taking anything away. Just saying it didn't seem like a fair trade benefit to benefit. But if you don't use the main gate passes then it's nothing lost. Employees go in on their employee ID, the main gate was for dependents/friends & family.

And someone mentioned Disney Store employees - It's been 20 years since I worked in the stores, but they did not get the same benefits WDW/WDL employees got - even thought back then they were owned by Disney. Different business unit with different benefits. Store managers got better benefits than the hourly store employees, but nothing like the Park employees.

No, but it seems a bit cheap on their part - like just give all CMs Disney+ and build good will rather than make them choose

I don’t think it would look as bad as it does to some if they weren’t criticized so much for their wages that they pay CMs. I think to some this makes it look like disney is taking another cheap way out.

And not just with CMs, just in general a feeling of Disney Nickel and Diming things and this feels like just another case of that vs very minimal cost to them of just giving it to all employees with no strings attached

Has there been any recent discounts for Disney +? I’m looking to get it and was wondering where I go to purchase it?

Has there been any recent discounts for Disney +? I’m looking to get it and was wondering where I go to purchase it?
Disneyplus.com

The only discount being offered right now is the savings for signing up annually vs monthly or waiting till the 12th to sign up for the monthly bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter